Goldhanger flight station; RFC night flying airfield

Thread: Goldhanger flight station; RFC night flying airfield

Goldhanger flight station; RFC night flying airfield

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldhanger1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	90602

Along with Stow Maries and Rochford, was one of the main bases for 37 (Home Defence) squadron RFC; the airfield is still in use today as a private strip

http://www.churchside1.plus.com/Gold.../Great-War.htm

I've 'borrowed' objects from Stow Maries (to the south west of here) scenery

Anyone want it?

ttfn

Pete

Yes please pete. Graham.

Please Pete,

There isn't much WW I scenery available so your scenery will be more than welcome.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Please Pete,

There isn't much WW I scenery available so your scenery will be more than welcome.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Look for it in library. Maybe Mr Elliott can be persuaded to whizz up a background poly in sbuilder for it?

ttfn

Pete

Icon5

Many thanks Pete,
    What I would say is, that it really doesn't need a background tex, as home WWI airfields were not much more than cut grass fields and runways, which the Fs9 poly does nicely, along with your runways..IMHO.

Cheers

Shessi

Airfield not showing up in my scenery library, no Goldhanger or G953. Had a look in Goldhanger/scenery folder, there are 2 bgl's, Goldhanger exclude and Goldhanger RFC, but no ADE file

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Airfield not showing up in my scenery library, no Goldhanger or G953. Had a look in Goldhanger/scenery folder, there are 2 bgl's, Goldhanger exclude and Goldhanger RFC, but no ADE file
    Oops..looks like I forgot the AFCAD, I'm working away until Sunday with no access to pc

Sorry everyone

Pete

OK, to save more issues, I've asked current download to be removed from library, and I'll upload corrected version when I'm home next

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete for having re-uploaded your scenery. Unfortunately I only get the runways, but no buildings. Did I something wrong? Would appreciate your advice.

Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by leuen View Post
    Thanks Pete for having re-uploaded your scenery. Unfortunately I only get the runways, but no buildings. Did I something wrong? Would appreciate your advice.

Bernard
    the static objects folder need to go in your main addon scenery folder; you'll probably have one there already
    and a copy of this installed --> http://www.owlsnest.eu/maiw/Remembrance%20Day.htm

ttfn

Pete

Thanks for your reply. I first had the static objects in Static Object Library and moved them in the Addon Scenery folder as suggested. But it didn't changed anything, Curiously when I open your file with Instant Scenery the objects appear correctly.

Bernard

Replacement AF2 file and background for stock FS9 install's. save original AF2_G953.bgl somewhere
    safe and then copy these file's into your Goldhanger RFC/scenery folder. These will give you a
    ground poly and move the runways a little west and out of the water. Golden wings user's will find
    replacememt bgl's in the GW-files folder

Hi Bernard, i just took all the bgls and texture's from static objects folder and placed them into Goldhanger RFC scenery/texture folder's and everything show's just fine including static aircraft
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Ian. That was it - putting everything together in one folder. Appreciate your helpful tip to enjoy Pete's contribution.

Bernard

Members who have read this thread: 0