Volocopter/Volocity

Thread: Volocopter/Volocity

Volocopter/Volocity

Does anybody know the whereabouts of that monstrosity in the MSFS folder system ?

Should be in the 'Official' folder under asobo-aircraft designator, shouldn't it ?

I threw it out when it arrived but can't find it anymore. All aircraft i don't use regularly i park in a seperate CommunityX and OfficialX folder.

Doesn't turn up in Markerplace ALL aircraft neither. I'd like to have it back momentarely to check out something.

I'd like to know the offical folder name of this Volocopter.

Can any of you pilots here fill me in please ? Much appreciated !

Mine is in the \Official\Steam\microsoft-aircraft-volocity\.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Mine is in the \Official\Steam\microsoft-aircraft-volocity\.
    Same here. Without the steam. One Store folder instead.

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated !

All my computer could find was a bunch of textures for the crew and tarmac. Both in the Official and my OfficialX folder no sign of microsoft-aircraft-volocity. Deffinately must've lost it permanently. Something must've gone wrong, normally i don't throw stuff away permanently. Not in the real world and not on my computer.

Oh, well, i hated that thing anyway so no biggy. I do find it odd that it doesn't turn up in the Marketplace. Atleast all Microsoft/Asobo aircraft should be available thru Marketplace, shouldn't it ? (if i search for 'volo' in Marketplace nothing turns up..)

Thanks again Daube and Jmbiii, now i don't have to search anymore. ;-)

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Mine is located here,

C:\Users\Flame\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Fl ightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Of ficial\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-volocity

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated !

All my computer could find was a bunch of textures for the crew and tarmac. Both in the Official and my OfficialX folder no sign of microsoft-aircraft-volocity. Deffinately must've lost it permanently. Something must've gone wrong, normally i don't throw stuff away permanently. Not in the real world and not on my computer.

Oh, well, i hated that thing anyway so no biggy. I do find it odd that it doesn't turn up in the Marketplace. Atleast all Microsoft/Asobo aircraft should be available thru Marketplace, shouldn't it ? (if i search for 'volo' in Marketplace nothing turns up..)

Thanks again Daube and Jmbiii, now i don't have to search anymore. ;-)
    In the marketplace ?
    Shouldn't you look for it in the content manager, in your profile instead ? By selecting the "not installed" addons for example ?

Volocopter's not going to be in Marketplace because it's a stock plane. Only enhancements for stock planes (like the DC-3 and A310) are in Marketplace. People do it to save space, but deleting stock planes is not part of core usage loop Asobo considers when supporting the sim. (And I recommend against it; storage is cheap and you never know when something else is going to have a dependency on a file in a stock plane that Asobo/third parties assume is guaranteed to be there.)

You should be able to find it in Content Manager. Search on "Volocopter" (or "Volocity"). You can delete it/reinstall it from there.

Well, thank you very much, gentlemen ! I promise i'll put on my dunce hat and go stand in the corner for an hour or so.

Truth is i never got along very much with this Marketplace thing and Content manager. F.i. do you know what happens when you inadvertedly click "Buy" instead of "Buy And Download" ? : Nothing !

Atleast in my POV of course. I mean, why would you buy something and then NOT download it ??.... I suppose now it may have to do with this Content Manager thing, right ?..

I think this may be the second time i have looked at it. I mean, why such enormously big names and not just an easy overview of the items like f.i. as in a Windows folder ? Takes forever to scroll thru, atleast in my case because of, as i understand now, i put about 75% aside of the original Microsoft/Asobo stuff that doesn't interest me.

Any- and either way, thank you so much for enlightening me about this Marketplace/Content Man. situation. I think it was about time. Already cost me the price of a Marketplace add-on twice because i had no clue what to do after i bought it via that "Buy" button....

Got the Volocity back indeed by going to this Content Man. thingy, happy about that because i can now start the exploration that somehow nestled in my mind for unknown reason.

Btw, does anybody actually fly this thing ?...

Thanks very much again, guys !

Glad you got it straightened out!

Protip: Search is your friend in Content Manager. Muuuch quicker way to find what you're looking for.

I used to use the Volocopter to tour around add-on airports, until I got the Mini 500 from GotFriends.

I don't. I tried it, then found it was really wonky under some circumstances. I may still try out that new drone-type thing from GotFriends, but haven't decided yet.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I have tried to fly it just once, when it was initially released.
    However, I haven't gone far because, if I remember correctly, it required to setup some specific commands/axis at that time, and I was too lazy for that :P

Recently however I did buy that "Astro One" addon which is technically a "manned drone", and I love it so much. Flies kind of like an extremely stable helicopter, without needing to setup any specific command or axis.

Yeah, the only thing the Volocopter and Astro One have in common is electric rotors.

The Volocopter is a 2012 Prius with a weak battery pack. The Astro One is a track-tuned turbocharged 2023 Mazda MX-5.

Thanks guys. It was kinda fun checking out these 'bodies electric' (shamefully must admit i bought that Astro One as well.. ) but i still don't know the answer to the question if androids dream of electric sheep. I just wanted to check if these things are indeed preferable over slow flying aircraft like a Cub or Tiggie to enjoy the view of la arge cities from above.

I know now and in my MSFS book it turned out pretty negative. A bit of fun fooling around with these contraptions for 20 minutes but what a relief to be back in the cockpit of my beloved Tiger Moth and Piper Cub. If you ask me they take all the fun out of flying. And i can enjoy the view of cities from above just as good with my Tiggie or Cub and still enjoy the thrill of flight at the same time.

Still, no harm done and i learned a thing or two about that silly Marketplace/Contentmanager. Thanks again for that, gentlemen.

Ok, now curious to see what's in the funny store next. My advice would be to leave the future alone for a while, done that, got the T-shirt and so on, but go back into aviation history on the other hand. Let's have the first 'Ornithopter' in MSFS or Otto Lilienthal and his first successful hangglider. Did we have an Air Balloon in MSFS already ?... What about the Brothers Montgolfier ? Gently sailing over Paris without the annoying sound of a leaf blower in the background. (must say i thought that ear plug thingy in the Astro is nicely done ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The Astro One is a track-tuned turbocharged 2023 Mazda MX-5.
    Hmmm.... i still think it's a lawnmower on steroids.
    Last edited by Javis; May 4th, 2023 at 02:36.

I know what you mean about the flying experience. I recently started flying FSEconomy, and to get some cash, I've been flying my group's Citation Longitude on VIP runs. $22K to haul 7 suits a thousand miles somewhere. Start on runway, set autopilot to 40K feet with 4000 foot climb, take off, set GPS, cruise at Mach 0.84, come back 10 minutes before landing.

I used the money to buy a Wilga. Take off, fight the crosswinds and the fact that I'm fully loaded with the gas tanks half empty, struggle to get enough altitude to get over the mountains or go around them, cruise at 100 knots if I'm willing to burn extra gas, and watch the engine temps lest I burn something out. Rudimentary autopilot if I have to take a bathroom break, but who knows what direction the plane will be flying when I get back to my pilot's seat.

That's flying!

SOH-CM-2024

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

So this is where mine is:

Attachment 90639

Members who have read this thread: 0