MIG 15 North Korean RED 16 (V2)

Thread: MIG 15 North Korean RED 16 (V2)

MIG 15 North Korean RED 16 (V2)

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military repaints - Korean Era

Description: This texture is for payware Bear Studios MiG 15 - MSFS 2020.

WARNING : TO WORK PROPERLY THIS REPAINT REQUIRES THE BEAR STUDIOS MIG-15 UPGRADED VERSION V1.3.4

This repaint represents a North Korean Mig 15 used during the Korean War.
    RED 16 was the plane of the Russian pilot, Captain Semyon Alekseyevich FEDORETS, commander of the 913th Fighter Aviation Regiment.
    Historical context: On April 12, 1953, aboard his regular aircraft, RED 393, Captain Fedorets was assigned to cover the withdrawal of others squadrons that had left to defend the Suiho dam.
    Called by a pilot in difficulty facing an American F-86, he joins the protagonists and shoots down Lieutenant Norman E. Green's Sabre.
    It was then that he was in turn chased by 4 other Sabre. Aboard one of them, Captain Joseph C. McConnell, Jr., an ace with already 7 victories to his credit.
    Fedorets' plane is hit for the first time. He dodges and manages to place himself in a firing position where with a short burst he opens a wide hole at the right wing root of the F-86.
    He loses sight of McConnell, whom he believes to be out of action, but this one comes back and sends him a second fateful burst.
    Fedorets must eject.
    However McConnell's F-86 is so damaged that he too has to eject.
    Both pilots will be rescued.
    After a brief convalescence Fedorets returns to combat aboard RED 16 with which he achieves two more victories
    McConnell will end the conflict with 16 confirmed aerial victories while Fedorets will be credited with 7 confirmed victories.
    For lack of witnesses and evidence (the gun camera film having disappeared in the plane crash) his victory over McConnell will not be counted.

Repaint by Richard LUYCX, based on the paint kit published by Bear Studios.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MIG 15 North Korean RED 16 (V2)
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Repainting

Congratulations for your work, I like the paint stripping and wear combination, I'm trying to try my hand at repainting too, I'm using a Blender paint net mix but I can't keep the paneling visible, I ask you if you can kindly give me a hand
    Thank you

Members who have read this thread: 1