Assistance Request...

Thread: Assistance Request...

Assistance Request...

I've successfully imported, and been flying David Eckerts Sopwith Camel but I've run in to a problem that has me stumped. I have one repaint that won't play nicely, like the others.

I have 5 schemes that all display correctly but the scheme for USS Texas (navy experiment which wanted to test the viability of using aircraft as spotter from battleships) created by mikew here on SOH.

As can be seen, this is one of the several schemes that properly display:

But for some reason which I am unable to fathom, there is some issue with the upper wing texture on the Texas repaint:

I'm hoping one you is wiser than I and can help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

KevinB

Hi Kevin,

is the texture missing? Is it in the correct format and is it the correct size?

Thank you for responding.

Is the texture missing?

No. All textures are present.

Is it in the correct format?

Appears to be. All textures are .DDS, 32-bit 1024x1024 format

Is it the correct size?

see above

I've been wondering, is it possible that part of the texture has some sort of different aspect than the rest? I've looked at the alpha channels and they appear to be normal.

This is a really weird issue. I've had models which feature white parts when converted in MSFS (and have been told this is a "baked in" issue, though not yet convinced of that.

Kevin

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    Hi Kevin,

is the texture missing? Is it in the correct format and is it the correct size?

Ugh!

While sipping my morning coffee, I had a thought that the issue might be related to alpha channel issues. So...

I replaced the alpha channel of the wing textures (camel_3) with one from the base set (which are currently working)...and...

I made things worse!

But, I'm thinking now it must indeed BE an alpha channel related issue.

So, now I'll need to investigate further....sigh

Members who have read this thread: 0