Jens B. Kristensen's (JBK) DC-4/C-54s

Thread: Jens B. Kristensen's (JBK) DC-4/C-54s

Jens B. Kristensen's (JBK) DC-4/C-54s

Does anyone here know of or if he's a member here by chance? I tried doing a search, but it didn't yield anything forum post wise. I ask, since I'm working on the DC-6 and DC-7s from the gents over at Cal Classics already, that if he is in fact on here I can get in contact with him to ask permission to modify his DC-4s with some of the updated firefighting tanks I've been working on as well as create some other airtanker related configurations they flew as. By proxy, maybe even update the standard models with PBR by themselves for the community if there's interest or permission to do so. I know he updated them fairly recently for being able to be used in P3Dv4. But, it was a highly interested airframe for many in both tanker and the original pax/cargo version in my area of the community. With the Flight Replica's DC-4 being the only other option, but it's payware. I did email him yesterday evening via his email listed in the readme, but was also just throwing a line out here as well in case he was on here, or knows a way to get word to him. I don't move forward with developing stuff for public use unless I get some sort of permission(s) from someone.

But these are 3 firefighting configurations I have as prototypes currently. The 2 different tank model DC-4s and a configuration of the only flying DC-4 "Super," that's the direction I'm looking to go with these on top of adding PBR, updated firefighting textures, and the configuration additions.

Buffalo Airways T-15 (With Tank Design 1)

Ardco T-151 (With Tank Design 2)

Ardco T-119 (DC-4 "Super" R2600 equipped)

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Yes, he is a member here! But his last activity was ten years ago! I hope he's still alive!

View Profile: jensbk - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Awesome, thank you!

Ironically enough, not long after I posted this post he did respond back to me via the email I sent and has given me his permission to move forward with the modifications

Another reason why I love this community so much! So I guess people can expect DC-4s at some point in the coming months maybe.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 1