Newest Nvidia Driver

Thread: Newest Nvidia Driver

Newest Nvidia Driver

Beware!!! The newest Nvidia drivers (531.61) are causing all kinds of trouble. Recommend staying with older drivers for now. There are lots of users reporting the dreaded "Your graphics device has encountered a problem and the application will exit. This maybe due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault". I rolled back my drivers and it solved the issue.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Thanks for the warning!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks, I got the new drivers and I got the warning. Reverting to the last set.

Cazzie

Seems like it's related to specific setups, as I haven't had any issues with the new driver here. (Though like some kind of crazy person I bought a 4090 last year...)

Same here, no problems at all. Guess I am lucky my setup is compatible.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hitherto I have religiously updated my system with new Nvidia drivers as and when they come out and rarely have any issues - equally I'm not sure I ever see any real benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    Beware!!! The newest Nvidia drivers (531.61) are causing all kinds of trouble. Recommend staying with older drivers for now. There are lots of users reporting the dreaded "Your graphics device has encountered a problem and the application will exit. This maybe due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault". I rolled back my drivers and it solved the issue.
    I had that warning with the previous version! It's gone with this update?

Cees

I am a firm believer in IIABDFI, but I discovered my driver really was "broke" when I realized that the drivers installed with my new rig were far from the latest, and didn't support DLSS. 528.49 was current at that moment, so that's what I have now. I also did some reading up on upgrading the "nvngx_dlss.dll" and installed a newer version of that after backing up the original. I'm now running 65-70 FPS in even the worst weather. So right now, I am definitely in the "it ain't broke" category, so I'll leave well enough alone.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I rolled back to the 528.49 driver and have not had any issues. In fact, I was able to bump up my settings to Ultra with no issues (so far). For the last three weeks or so I have been going through all of the Bush Trips just to get back into the hang of hand flying. I had not realized that when I bought a new computer last year that ALL of my progress on the bush trips had been lost. Not sure why my progress wasn't saved to the "cloud", but nevertheless, it's been a blast. Not thrilled that I have to repeat the 7 or 8 trips I had already completed, but at least I know where I'm going this time around.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members who have read this thread: 0