Piper L-18 Super Cub Military Skin Sets

Thread: Piper L-18 Super Cub Military Skin Sets

Piper L-18 Super Cub Military Skin Sets

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian propeller skins

Description: Four civilian warbird skins for Allen's Piper L-18C Super Cub.

D-EBJB "Arctic Cub" is a German warbird wearing a U.S. Navy high visibility arctic livery. I don't think the Navy ever operated the L-18, and if they did they wouldn't have applied so many national insignia in such inaccurate colors.

D-ECAF "Polar Cub" also wears a fanciful but attractive U.S. Navy livery.

"Bugs Bunny" is a Norwegian warbird commemorating the "Wacky Wabbit" who made his living by stealing carrots from Elmer Fudd's garden in decades of Looney Toons cartoons. I don't think the U.S. Army painted any of its L-18s gray and if they did, like the Navy, they surely wouldn't have applied so many national insignia in those too bright colors.

D-ESTS in a German warbird in an attractive livery that's reminiscent of the one used by U.S. Air Force's All Weather Flying Center. I don't think the Air Force ever operated the L-18.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Piper L-18 Super Cub Warbird Skin Set 1
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Piper L-18 Super Cub Warbird Skin Set 2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian propeller skins

Description: Four civilian warbird skins for Allen's Piper L-18C Super Cub.

LN-ACI wears an allegedly authentic Royal Norwegian Air Force livery. I'm a bit uncertain about the white surround to the national insignia so I painted it as it looks today with its civil regfistration on the fin. If you want to re-militarize it, I've provided a pair of main textures without the civil registration on the tail. They're in the "Re-Militarize LN-ACI" folder. Just drop them into the LN-ACI texture folder overwwriting the originals.

Army 447 depicts a U.S. Army L-18 in overall silver. I don't think the Army painted any of its L-18s silver, but maybe they did. Despite the lack of a civil registration, Army 447's markings in a non-standard style reveal it to be a civilian warbird.

N757JV, an American warbird, wears an attractive but possibly imaginative arctic livery. I couldn't identify the insignia on the nose.

ZU-EMX is a South African warbird. It's U.S. Army livery appears authtntic, but I don't know if the Army ever painted any of its L-18s in the high visibility Arctic scheme.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Piper L-18 Super Cub Warbird Skin Set 2

Piper L-18 Super Cub Military Skin Set

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - Cold War

Description: Four military skins for Allen's Piper L-18C Super Cub.

A U.S. Army plane in the overall yellow livery.

A U.S. Army plane in olive drab over neutral gray with yellow markings.

A U.S. Army plane in olive dran over neutral gray with white markings.

A plane of the Federal German Luftwaffe.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Piper L-18 Super Cub Military Skin Set

Mick!

Thanks for more Cubs! You really beat the bushes. Great work.

Thanks Again for your contributions. And Allen as well for a great L-18.

normb

Quote Originally Posted by normb View Post
    Mick!

Thanks for more Cubs! You really beat the bushes. Great work.

Thanks Again for your contributions. And Allen as well for a great L-18.

normb
    Thanks Norm!

Allen made it easy. There's a paint kit hiding among the texture files in the original texture folders of both the L-4 and the L-18, and they're among the relatively few paint kits that I've actually found helpful.

Thanks for the compliment. I try to make things easy as possible for repainting.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. I try to make things easy as possible for repainting.
    Well, I appreciate your effort!

I had fun painting the Cubs.

Members who have read this thread: 1