CFS2 may not be done yet....

Thread: CFS2 may not be done yet....

Pearl Harbor Project developer

CFS2 may not be done yet....

Thought you guys would enjoy this...

RTX Remix | The Ultimate Modding Platform | NVIDIA
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

We can but dream/hope Crashaz

Looks very interesting, if only MS would allow such a development to go unchallenged though ...

UT,

I'm not sure if MS could do anything to prevent this as long as it's being done by private modders who are not selling the upgrades. It is a very interesting idea but there are some big questions....

ex.. In my simpit I have a dedicated PCI running Win7, 8Gbs RAM, i7 processor and an Nvidea 750Ti. I run the sim settings wide open and get up to 350-500Fps (yes that's correct) when looking up at a blank sky out of my cockpit glass. It almost never drops to less than 50Fps even when I have 30 planes and background GSL objects in my view. What effect would these mods have on framerates? I can envision needing to buy a $3000 Alienware PC to run a 20+ year old sim. But....

The source code for the sim allocates only 2Gb of RAM to run it and there is a patch to allocate 4Gbs. If we have no access to change the source code (this has held us back for years) how will the sim allocate enough RAM to run such a huge upgrade?

All in all, you're looking at graphics upgrades that would surpass IL-2 Forgotten Battles and IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. Because neither of these sims is as open ended as CFS2, this would be great but again, is it feasible due to RAM allocation and at what cost in hardware upgrades?

It seems to me that if you had to drastically upgrade hardware anyway ($$$), and as the video suggests, the program they advertise makes any game or sim a virtual sandbox design, why not just apply this to the IL-2 sims and move on?

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Ugh... the limitations of CFS2 .... why I am working in a different medium now for Pearl Harbor work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sm_arizona.jpg  
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1