Input needed - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Input needed

Best of news Greg. Back on your feein no time I'm sure.

Icon9 Problems

Came back to the hospital yesterday. I could hardly walk and my pneumonia was getting more acute with no antibiotics on hand. After testing, they showed it indeed was there and I had 2 blood clots in my left lung.

So, I'm back into MB between visits from doctors and nurses again. I'm in the veteran's hospital this time and will go home this time with home nursing care, once released.

I discovered that some of my missions are missing from my Missions folder!!! That is no great tragedy, since I had just run a back-up of my install last weekend. Has anyone noticed that their smiles aren't working? And my text manipulation functions - bold, italics, underline, font etc - are not available either! Is it just me, or do some of you have the same "glitch?"

I'm going tho get down to work just the same. It is 1 hour till breakfast and I'm wondering what surprises the chef has for me this morning.

Good morning and cheers to all:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Jeez, take good care of yourself and get better.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Came back to the hospital yesterday. I could hardly walk and my pneumonia was getting more acute with no antibiotics on hand. After testing, they showed it indeed was there and I had 2 blood clots in my left lung.

Good morning and cheers to all:

SW07
    Been there, done that as they say; I'm 3 years on from clots in my lungs caused by covid infection. My best friend is now a tablet called Apixaban; which has less complications associated with it than Warfarin.

R&R is all you can do.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Been there, done that as they say; I'm 3 years on from clots in my lungs caused by covid infection. My best friend is now a tablet called Apixaban; which has less complications associated with it than Warfarin.

R&R is all you can do.

Ttfn

Pete
    Yes, I'm on apixaban now too...

Greg

PS: I lost about 10 Santa Cruz missions somehow, but I still have copies of my last saved versions, which I can easily update. Right now though, my health is my main concern. Sorry this campaign is taking so long to complete.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hi Greg
    I wish you all the best with your recovery.
    Cheers

Stuart

I think I speak for everyone saying we would rather have you back and healthy over a new campaign to fly Greg.

Take care of yourself pal.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyman32 View Post
    I think I speak for everyone saying we would rather have you back and healthy over a new campaign to fly Greg.

Take care of yourself pal.
    Thank you, I will But I need something to do other than sitting here and watching television. I'll be working but at a reduced pace.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I have 41 missions completed and about a third of them flight tested. I can't test the others just yet. I doubt that machine gun fire, echoing through the halls of a veteran's hospital would go over too well. I'll tackle that task once I get home. Instead, I will work on other things, like building the .cmg and learning to make an auto installer.

Cheers:

Shadow Wolf 07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Easy does it! Big "elephant" you have concocted. As has been said, one bite at a time.

Greg, I hope you get well soon! Take your time with the missions, I'm sure they are well worth waiting for!

Cool Progress Report

Thank you, guys, I am home now, recovering and working. I'm not 100% sure the pneumonia is gone and I'm taking meds for the pulmonary embolisms I have, but I feel pretty good. Re-examining my sources, I learned that the Japanese were using A6M3 Zeros in both the Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz engagements. So I am going back through my earlier ES missions and editing in A6M3s in place of the A6M2s I had used as well as some of stuart277s newest ships. Next? I will flight test the last 12-15 missions, finish the .cmg file and set up the auto-installer.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hearing you are home and feeling better is great news Greg. Looking forward to the campaign, glad to hear you're back in the saddle cowboy!

Progress Report

Hearing you are home and feeling better is great news Greg. Looking forward to the campaign, glad to hear you're back in the saddle cowboy!
    I too. I've finished the .cmg except for minor editing due to changes in the saved names of the missions I have yet to test fly.

Question: Should I bother to include in the package a comprehensive d/l list if I do an auto-installer?

"campaign_name_string"=Desperate Battles 2023 -- USN
    "campaign_overview"=Start your engine! You are about to be called to service and thrust into some of the most one-sided battles of the Pacific war. You will be thrown into the fry off Guadalcanal - August through October 1942. The Marines have just landed and are desperately clinging to their toehold on the island and the newly activated airstrip - Henderson Field (codename: Cactus). The Japanese are determined to seize the airstrip and throw the Marines back into the sea. The Japanese side still has the advantages of numerical and qualitative superiority in the air and on the sea, as well as a large number of skilled and experienced pilots. Your only advantages are the US intelligence network, their signal intelligence and the coast watcher network and their new and widely used radar systems. You will find yourself in tough defensive battles, scouting missions and anti-ship strikes. You may be assigned to lead a fight of F4F-4 Wildcats, TBF-1 Avengers or of SBD-3 Dauntlesses, or even pilot a PBY-5A Catalina on night search missions. Your mission is to hold the line and help hurl back 2 major enemy naval counteroffensives and keep the island in Allied hands. Good luck!

Cheers:

Shadow Wolf 07

P.S: Scoobyman32, I am in no way a "cowboy." I am a devoted Giants fan.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Glad to hear that you are home again!

If you do an auto installer, obviously a list of download links is not necessary, but at least for me a list of the things you used would be interesting, just for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Thank you, guys, I am home now, recovering and working. I'm not 100% sure the pneumonia is gone and I'm taking meds for the pulmonary embolisms I have, but I feel pretty good.
    As my doctors said to me, with my embolisms, ( I had one in each lung, and 2 in my brain for added fun) now you're starting to feel better is the worst time to overdo things.
    I was off work for 6 months, until they cleared.

Ttfn

Pete

Ha! Sorry for the cowboy reference Greg! It was Stampede Week in Calgary where I live, so the name get chucked around for 10 days! Not to fear, the Dallas Cowboys are my most hated enemy! (Steelers fan here)

Ha! Sorry for the cowboy reference Greg! It was Stampede Week in Calgary where I live, so the name get chucked around for 10 days! Not to fear, the Dallas Cowboys are my most hated enemy! (Steelers fan here)
    I too like the Steelers. The high school where I was an assistant coach wore black and gold and one of my players played for them.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    As my doctors said to me, with my embolisms, ( I had one in each lung, and 2 in my brain for added fun) now you're starting to feel better is the worst time to overdo things.
    I was off work for 6 months, until they cleared.

Ttfn

Pete

Pete, I shall try to remember your cautions and not over-do it.

Cheers:

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Glad to hear that you are home again!

If you do an auto installer, obviously a list of download links is not necessary, but at least for me a list of the things you used would be interesting, just for reference.
    Hi, Skylane.
    Since you mention it it would actually be a sort of 'bibliography,' honoring the contributor/authors.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Cool

I'm just 5 days out of another week iN the hospital. This time for TAI or stroke symptoms. All tests came back negative and the blood thinners I've been taking seemed to be working, because the blood clots in my lung have disappeared.

I have finished work on the campaign and am now in the process of putting it in an auto-loader. That is a learning experience for me, so no predictions on when I'll finish.

I promise some screen shots nd when I can I'll fly a mission or two and take some. With physical and occupational therapy and Home health care, I'm gonna be pretty busy, but I'll get her done!

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

So happy to hear the positive results SW, take care of yourself pal.

My ol' rig came down with the "blue screen of death" last week, so I'm without my favorite pass time for a while, but I'll look forward to your campaign once I solve the issues or get a new rig, and I'm looking forward to others comments, I know it will be another must have.

Hi SW
    Good to hear that things seem to be getting better healthwise.
    Take Care.
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi SW
    Good to hear that things seem to be getting better healthwise.
    Take Care.
    Stuart
    Stuart, I shall. Thank you.

Scoobyman32, thank you as well. I am doing physical therapy with nurse visits at home with a home helper to assist with pers hygiene, dressing, light cleaning and cooking.

I am uploading a lot of your ships int my auto-installer. Can I omit the Gmax files in the ship folders to save on upload size or must they remain?

As for progress, I have finished, after 2 days of work -broken up by physical therapy and life stuff- the List of d/ls with links. Quite a task...

If I can master the auto-loader program, upload should be in a couple of weeks. Because of the number of ships used, it will be in five, 200mb parts.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Update

With Rami's help, I am trying to master the auto-loader program. I am setting u a "virgin" install to test it.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 51