Input needed

Thread: Input needed

Hybrid View

I now know why Talon never finished the original campaigns that came with CFS2. There are over 150 missions for each side which is over 300 missions total.

Deathwind

My son has UncleTgt scenery installed for the Early Raids of the Enterprise.He tried to use it for the Campaign and found everything was moved around so much that everything would have to be redone.TheBookie who updated it also said the same thing and so used the stock scenery.He also updated the Guadalcanal missions using the new Solomons scenery and it took him months to do and he's been doing missions for 20 years.I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing.So I don't think it's as easy as you think.

Hiede

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    I now know why Talon never finished the original campaigns that came with CFS2. There are over 150 missions for each side which is over 300 missions total.

Hiede
    I’m thinking about diving into it I’m the type of person who can’t leave stuff alone so every little infracture etc I’ll probably redo the effects or something and by the time get done we all might be on are last legs but I’m really thinking about it.

I don’t believe there has been any updates on the dauntless etc and some of those planes. Probably have to choose that or the overhaul one.

A very useful resource for USN task force composition: http://pacific.valka.cz/forces/index.htm
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Which ever you choose will be another welcome addition SW. Desperate Battles is one of my all-time favorites, along with Talon's "Solomon Carriers", which also covered the Battle of the Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz, but also included missions covering the Guadalcanal landings. The Battle of the Coral Sea was also a lot of fun (for me, not for the Yorktown or the Lexington), and would include a lot of new scenery without having to make too many changes to scenery object placement. But I know you're not afraid of hard work, so I say surprises are the best.

That being said, don't worry about ruining my surprise, be sure to let me know if I can help in any way.

Members who have read this thread: 3