Donation Drive.

Thread: Donation Drive.

Donation Drive.

One of the things that always impressed me with our site is we never had to worry about raising the funds for the year. For a number of years we seemed to break records on how fast the goal could be achieved.Those days seemed to have died. We could probably point the finger at Covid or a poor economy, but the bottom line is our donating community is shrinking. A few years ago within a month we would have had over 300 individual donators. This year 2 months into the drive and we only have had 174 donations with a couple of members donating twice.Our yearly costsServer Lease $6,200cPanel account $772Domain name renewals $500 estimate• Sim-outhouse.com 4 years @ $25 /year• Sim-outhouse.net paid until 2028• Ronnylarson.com 5 years @ $25 /year• Hall18.com 5 years @ $25 / year• Hall-18.com 5 years @ $25 / year• ford-tri-motor.net (.com, .org) TBDTotal $7,472For those of you who have donated Thank You.For those who have not Please Donate
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Anybody else going to contribute so we don't lose soh?

If you use this site and haven't contributed, consider this. It needs your support to stay open.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I have donated twice this year.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Question

Agreed CK,
    I do find it very odd why it's taken so long to get the required base SOH drive amount. We have some 50,000(!!!) registered members, obviously not all are still with us (for various reasons), unfortunately of those only about 12,000 have visted within the last two years.

But and the big but is that some 3600 individual members have visited SOH this year since 1st Jan, and some 3090 since the begining of this years drive (1/2/23). Working on $8000 required, that's only $2.60 each...so where are the excuses then?? Who can't afford $2.60, 2.34 Euro or £2.09??!!!, for a whole years worth of SOH!!

Also, in the last year, there have been 15,160 uploads for peoples delight, and I hate to think how many downloads from those and the 14,000 other uploads available here........

It's a no-brainer, do you love your simming?, does SOH provide what you want?, have you ever downloaded an add-on or had answered a question or picked up a useful bit of knowledge?...of course you have, stop expecting others to pick up the slack, no excuses...because when it's gone...it's gone...no more SOH! Think about it.

Shessi

Exclamation

Oh and I've just checked the contribution list, there have only been about 223 donations since 1st Jan this year, and some members have made multiple donations during this time, so lets say about 200 individuals...is that fair that just those 200 should pay $40-odd for the rest to donate nothing?

Shessi

At $2.60 a year I'm paid up until I'm 118 years old, not counting previous years' accumulation. Pretty sure I'm not going to live to get a 'return' ...

I haven't uploaded/downloaded skins this year [yet] as RL got in the way...

Oh, bollocks....108 years old...but you get my drift...

At that rate....I'm good till I'm 94
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Ha!...J that's age for yer ...........but exactly the point.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    If you use this site and haven't contributed, consider this. It needs your support to stay open.

Donation made

Donation number five made.
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Just donated. I just like to take a minute to say Thanks for putting up with me and sorry to those i may have offended. I have a hard unloving live. My daughters are my only bright spot. I hope you understand. Anyway hopefully we will make it. I see we are up to 92% in no time after Captain Kurt told em the facts so I vote he is in charge of donation collections next time three maybe four messages from him we will raise a million bucks perhaps.

Members who have read this thread: 0