RK Junkers W34 UT

Thread: RK Junkers W34 UT

RK Junkers W34 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Commonwealth

Description: Junkers W34 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of Ralf Kreibich's Junkers W34 for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as 2 complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken the fi6 models & created a W34hi1, both wheeled & with floats. These were the types of aircraft supporting the development of Gold mining operations in & around Wau-Bulolo throughout the 1930's.

Many animations from the original model didn't convert over into CFS 2 (pilots, payload options, moveable incidence tailplane, sliding windows...), but enough of the significant animations did so to make it flyable. Note, this model is different to the models converted by Peperez back in 2010 (see his Chinese K34 & Luftwaffe W34hi, which have cowled engines).

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimised for AI formation keeping, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. I used the original mdl to create W34 pilots as a payload, then developed some small aircraft cargo payloads to fill the windowed cabin for those goldfield supply missions. Water Spray effects are also included. These are a tweaked & developed version of one of Bill Kestell's excellent waterspray effects (E13 Jake) renamed & tweaked to fit the W34 floatplane model.

The textures supplied are:

"5" VH-UOX This aircraft was still flying when the Japanese advanced into the area, & escaped to be impressed into the RAAF as A44-2. It went into storage in November '42.

"3" VH-UNM This aircraft was still flying as a floatplane when the Japanese advanced, & was impressed into the RAAF as A44-3 & used for training until November '42.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Ralf Kreibich for his original FS2002/2004 aircraft - the VC is amazing!
    Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+
    Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes
    Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    APR 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RK Junkers W34 UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nice UT! But I'm jumping back into the warm waters of the South Pacific next.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

What a great looking plane, thanks for this one. Will bebthe perfect bird to use while checking out your new scenery Uncle, well done.

You guys are keeping me busy! So much to do just to keep up.

Super nice airplane, John, thank you.
    I already took it on a hop around Lae, and will use it to explore more of the new PNG scenery.

Library Staff
    Likewise John - thanks a lot.
    Here she is coming to land at Bulolo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JuW34 Bulolo.jpg  

Handsome!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hi UncleTgt
    Looking Good
    Happy Easter
    Cheers
    Stuart

Super!

This is the aircraft you demoed earlier. What a neat little plane. Thanks UT!

A cool-looking airplane to explore PNG scenery, indeed. Thank you!

An old times bird for our hangars, many thanks Uncle T, nicely done

Worth a look (new Junkers F13); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQZ88Itb_w

- - - Updated - - -

Worth a look (new Junkers F13); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQZ88Itb_w

Members who have read this thread: 1