Norseman
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norseman

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Another plane I must have. Crap, the race starts like in FSX/P3D, again I start to have planes that I bought and are waiting for another time because something new and interesting has just come out. Grrrr! Others I didn't get bored of yet and here's another one.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Haha, I know what you mean!
    Luckily, I'm on holiday, so I can wait to see what you guys think of it
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Picked it up, took it for a few laps around the Ketchikan area in all versions. Flies nice and feels like the heavy single-engine plane it is, sounds the business per usual, interior has a great beat-up look with some fun touches (the hidden GPS and vintage-esque tablet substitute are neat). Shape looks good compared to the one being restored here at CYZR.

it has a few launch glitches:

• interior not visible in default chase plane view distance -- LOD model just doesn't seem to be there, in that the interior is just transparent. Zoom in and it shows up.
    • flickering dock light on floats, whether battery is on or not
    • spin prop animation weird -- cycles fast and slow on a 1/3 slow, 2/3 fast cycle
    • Water physics are kinda terrible, but I've noticed that with all waterborne planes since SU12. Lotsa bouncing.

Is it worth it? I think so, but then I am a radial and bush plane fanatic. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Another plane I must have. Crap, the race starts like in FSX/P3D, again I start to have planes that I bought and are waiting for another time because something new and interesting has just come out. Grrrr! Others I didn't get bored of yet and here's another one.

Agreed Yo Yo !! I had this same affliction when I was making kits as a kid (well teenager really) ... always a sucker for a Hasegawa box-art...

When I reflected on what I spent on add-ons for FSX/P3D over the years I was determined to be more disciplined with the new sim.

Lasted about a week then I bought the WACO and away we went again !!

At least with Utube / FB etc we now have resources available to do decent due-diligence on new products. However the flow of high quality new aircraft and scenery is now relentless and is overwhelming my capacity to carry out the appropriate due diligence.....

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Can we anticipate some of your masterpieces, for this aircraft?
    T45

I am interested in this bird and I intend to purchase the model. What bothers me at the moment is the very dark panel, which I can only judge from the screenshots, of course.
    How about that?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

I think the funnest systems bug I've found thus far is the oil temp absolutely skyrocketing on the ground during warmup. Opening the shutters makes it worse!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    I am interested in this bird and I intend to purchase the model. What bothers me at the moment is the very dark panel, which I can only judge from the screenshots, of course.
    How about that?

Dieter
    I'm in the same boat. The panel is a bit of a bummer, and I'm not saying it's unrealistic. I'm just saying it's boring and hard to see. I may way for some alternate panel options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Picked it up, took it for a few laps around the Ketchikan area in all versions. Flies nice and feels like the heavy single-engine plane it is, sounds the business per usual, interior has a great beat-up look with some fun touches (the hidden GPS and vintage-esque tablet substitute are neat). Shape looks good compared to the one being restored here at CYZR.

it has a few launch glitches:

• interior not visible in default chase plane view distance -- LOD model just doesn't seem to be there, in that the interior is just transparent. Zoom in and it shows up.
    • flickering dock light on floats, whether battery is on or not
    • spin prop animation weird -- cycles fast and slow on a 1/3 slow, 2/3 fast cycle
    • Water physics are kinda terrible, but I've noticed that with all waterborne planes since SU12. Lotsa bouncing.

Is it worth it? I think so, but then I am a radial and bush plane fanatic. YMMV.
    If you can, pls write to support too.

Ad1 - the same it was in DC-3, now its fixed, different LOD of external and interior, very very annoying
    Ad3 - this is what I dont like it too, it brake immerion, its possible to do it better, in many models prop works very ok, so Im sure they can improve it.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't want to badmouth the model that I don't own yet. However, it seems very strange that a lot of deficiencies are already being reported by users shortly after publication. Surely that shouldn't be the case! That's a downer right at the beginning.
    The aircraft was announced with big, promising words. Many of us were really looking forward to having a Norseman in the simulator hangar - and now some serious problems are already reported right from the start.

What did the beta testers do?
    Will customers be used as second tier beta testers again?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    I don't want to badmouth the model that I don't own yet. However, it seems very strange that a lot of deficiencies are already being reported by users shortly after publication. Surely that shouldn't be the case! That's a downer right at the beginning. The aircraft was announced with big, promising words. Many of us were really looking forward to having a Norseman in the simulator hangar - and now some serious problems are already reported right from the start. What did the beta testers do?Will customers be used as second tier beta testers again?Dieter
    This is common pratice. Developers don't have the resources to beta test everything, so you the paying customer get to be their tester. - Release product with good intentions- Customers fly and complain- Developer releases updateRinse, Spin, Repeat
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    This is common pratice. Developers don't have the resources to beta test everything, so you the paying customer get to be their tester. - Release product with good intentions- Customers fly and complain- Developer releases updateRinse, Spin, Repeat
    Yes, thats true in Today's market. I see it too eften.

I bought it because it’s a BR production so I trust it’ll be upgraded.
    I can’t fly it though because I’ve got the boys here today - I’m on Poppop duty
    looking forward to this evening.
    reading the comments so far it seems a typical initial release - this is the normal deal
    and has been for a long time. Hang in there people
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    If you can, pls write to support too.
    Already done, and got a "thanks for the heads-up" reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Already done, and got a "thanks for the heads-up" reply.
    Thanks! I will take the model for 100%, but I would be quite stupid to write to him if I don't have it yet however Im sure its possible to solve it soon. This LOD issue I know, it drived me crazy, because I only fly in VR and there the initial zoom is even further, it looked gross in the external view as there is no cockpit.

Also note that the price dropped to a mere $20. It's a heck of a bargain at that price.

The sound is superb. I was watching some videos of real Norsemen and they nailed it.

Yes, people are reporting glitches, but that's the nature of forum posting. Never mind all the stuff they absolutely nailed: The flight model feels just like the reports I've read of real Norseman handling; the visual detail is excellent; some really cool systems (love the CRT "Pip Boy" pop-out); float, wheel, and bush variants (hope they add skis!), etc.

It's a killer deal for the price, it's a really nice model, and if you report the issues to Big Radials on their Discord or via email I have no doubt they will address them.

Just flew it in VR for the first time. Amazing experience flying the float version over BC. Cockpit looks great, and isn't too dark. I would guess someone will do a light gray panel at some point -- if someone paints Joe McBryan's Buffalo Airways Norseman, it has a light panel. But looks fine to me in both VR and pancake modes. It looks darker in screenshots than it does in the live sim.

Yep, looks nice! Thx for new screenies.

I see dangerous cargo, I don't think I'd go .

Inspiration for the painters in the crowd... CF-SAN's cockpit.

Love the CRT settings panel.

There's a pop-out GPS to check your location if you get lost, 100% hidden if you're flying authentic period.

Also, I'm not seeing the LOD issues mentioned uptopic. In both external and showcase views the cockpit is there. Maybe it disappears if you're really far away? But if so, it's far enough out that I don't see it in 1440p 2D or VR.

Does that G3X include a working Otto?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    It's out
    It's stuck!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Inspiration for the painters in the crowd... CF-SAN's cockpit.

There's a pop-out GPS to check your location if you get lost, 100% hidden if you're flying authentic period.

Where do you activate the GPS?
    First impressions of the Tundra Wheeled version is that it is solid, noisy, & the keyboard ALT HLD & HDG HLD work.
    Cockpit fascia is matt dark & it looks like the instrument dial faces are too, so that the pointers etc don't stand out, but maybe that is what the fascia is like IRL.
    Very reasonably priced for 3 versions.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's stuck!
    If you mean it got stuck on 1st loading - had that happen, close MSFS, restart, & it loaded ok.
    T43

Just saying that the thread is stuck - for two weeks minimum.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

For folks on the fence, the manual is online here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton
    Does that G3X include a working Otto?
    Yep, it's in the CRT-TV (The Combined Remote Territory Technical Visualiser).

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Where do you activate the GPS?
    There's a storage box on the ceiling above the pilot's windshield. Click that and the GPS will pop down. (p. 5 and p. 21 of the docs)

(Additional screenshot just for fun, pardon zoom distortion)

Members who have read this thread: 0