Military heavies

Thread: Military heavies

Military heavies

So I've been away from MSFS for a few years having spent most of my spare time completing my SR-71 package for P3D V5.

Now I'm dipping my toes back into MSFS I was wondering if in the intervening period anyone has built any modern military heavies, C-130, C-141, C-5, C-135 type aircraft? I live near a base that has KC-135 and military cargo aircraft, and flying a Tweet from there just feels wrong no matter how good it is.

Some are doing addons from your list already. See it here:

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/06/20/ou...ment-for-msfs/
    https://msfsaddons.com/2022/11/27/ou...ght-simulator/

btw. You had nice model of Hustler, maybe this?

I have nothing agains U-2 too (even classic version)! This could be a very nice choice.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    So I've been away from MSFS for a few years having spent most of my spare time completing my SR-71 package for P3D V5.

Now I'm dipping my toes back into MSFS I was wondering if in the intervening period anyone has built any modern military heavies, C-130, C-141, C-5, C-135 type aircraft? I live near a base that has KC-135 and military cargo aircraft, and flying a Tweet from there just feels wrong no matter how good it is.
    So far I'm only aware of the C-17, which is freeware. The current version is nice, but they are about to release a much better one soon, with greatly improved cockpit and instruments, if my understanding is correct. Not sure when, something like "when it's done", I suppose

Other than this, I'm not sure there's much military heavies around yet.
    CaptainSim released their C130 for MSFS by mistake, they probably intended to release it for MS Flight instead... so avoid that one as much as you can.
    I think Milviz (whatever their name is now) is working on a much more appropriate C130 right now, but no idea about a release date.

For a semi-heavy the Transall C160 from Azure-Poly is due very soon https://msfsaddons.com/2023/03/23/wa...n-a-few-weeks/

Shame on me for forgetting that one !! Thanks for the reminder

Dean is working on a C-5, I'm sure (ly hoping) it will be out by the end of the year.
    Then Blackbird/Milviz's C-130
    There's a freeware KC-10 in the works...

That's all I can think of right now but who knows what else is floating in the aether
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

I'd love to see one era earlier with a C-124, C-133, & C-54.

Forest

Hoping for a good C-141A/B as we've never had a truly good one up to now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 2