In SU12 they broke parking start :/

Thread: In SU12 they broke parking start :/

In SU12 they broke parking start :/

Ups. near half or more cold starts (I start only like this) arent on parking place with engine off but direct on the runway with engine running though choice of parking place in menu of MSFS .
    They broke important feature.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I get the same thing. Escape out and restart the flight from the map usually works for me.

There's also a bug report on the official forum:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/577039
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I get the same thing. Escape out and restart the flight from the map usually works for me.

There's also a bug report on the official forum:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/577039
    Thx.

Interestingly, I see that the topic comes from February - so it was already present in BETA SU12 and .... Asobo released it? It's an arcade after all I suppose?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It's an arcade after all I suppose?
    Hyperbole of the week award goes to...

As for the lack of a fix, you have a release schedule and you have a priority list. When I worked at MS it always killed me when something became "Priority 2" because that essentially translates to "we will never do this."

Asobo can take a while to fix things, but they eventually do; I don't see the "pri 2" thing with their bug reports. When you look at the complexity of the sim, it's easy to see how a personally annoying bug can slip past a release or two. The broken jetway issue was around for years, it felt like.

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach was popping up in the air for multiple updates, and finally got fixed in SU12. As long as this has been reported to Asobo (as opposed to just posted about online), it should get fixed eventually.

it seems you have to chose the parking spot as the very last thing before starting then it will work. It's baffling how some of these relatively simple things regress. Logbook hasn't updated since October. The last-three airport history list no longer works (again), the Reno P-51A is back to having propeller texture issues, etc.

But other areas are really improving and it's great not to have to wait two years and pay for updates as we did back in the day.

- dcc
    - -

I'm a relative youngster who has only been flight simming for 40 years, but don't recall when we ever had to pay for updates. When was that?

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    I'm a relative youngster who has only been flight simming for 40 years, but don't recall when we ever had to pay for updates. When was that?

August
    I assume that was a reference to the business model from FS2000-FSX, which was basically "Release FS, maybe issue one patch, release updates in next version of FS in two years".

Compared to those sims (or a lot of AAA games), MSFS has received a staggering amount of post-launch fixes and content, since the Top Gun and 40th Anniversary expansions each added content that would have been a paid expansion or required buying a totally new simulator previously.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Hyperbole of the week award goes to...

As for the lack of a fix, you have a release schedule and you have a priority list. When I worked at MS it always killed me when something became "Priority 2" because that essentially translates to "we will never do this."

Asobo can take a while to fix things, but they eventually do; I don't see the "pri 2" thing with their bug reports. When you look at the complexity of the sim, it's easy to see how a personally annoying bug can slip past a release or two. The broken jetway issue was around for years, it felt like.

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach was popping up in the air for multiple updates, and finally got fixed in SU12. As long as this has been reported to Asobo (as opposed to just posted about online), it should get fixed eventually.
    If you look at the topic on the MSFS forum, you'll notice that the problem has been reported by many people since February 22nd. SU12, on the other hand, came out on March 21. For a month people reported this as an obvious bug that didn't exist before, and it's a fundamental problem, unless you're playing arcade and starting straight from the runway, that's fine. It currently has 77 votes (only, but vs other topics is a pretty good number). In my opinion they should delay the patch and release it 1-2 weeks later after fixing it if it hasn't been done for a month due to lack of time to do this. This situation can cause more frustration than postponing the release of SU12. It's good that at least the problem was noticed and the issue status changed to bug-logged. I hope we won't have to wait months to solve this and make some hotfix, it's a very important feature.

Btw.I still don't understand why we can't save a flight on the ground in C&D anywhere and then enter the plane in the state in which this save was made as it was in FSX, P3D etc. In MSFS, if you do it outside of a parking space (which, let's agree, is hard to find), it will still put you on the runway with the engine running again. No sense.

Here's how it works in big software companies:

1) Analyze bug reports, internal and external
    2) Prioritize impact (including how many people use the feature, how much it affects product usability)
    3) Analyze the amount of time needed to fix the issue
    4) Analyze available resources for bug fixes
    5) Assign bugs to teams to fix based on impact and resource availability. Pri 0 (totally breaks the experience) is first. If any bandwidth is left, prioritize Pri 1 bugs by available resources and impact. Pri 2 bugs sit in a bucket for when resources allow.

I have no doubt MS recognized the 77 votes. Why it didn't get fixed could be many things:
    1) More impactful bugs took all the available resources in the time available
    2) The number of people using the feature (cold start in a parking spot) was lower than features affected by other bugs

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    I assume that was a reference to the business model from FS2000-FSX, which was basically "Release FS, maybe issue one patch, release updates in next version of FS in two years".

Compared to those sims (or a lot of AAA games), MSFS has received a staggering amount of post-launch fixes and content, since the Top Gun and 40th Anniversary expansions each added content that would have been a paid expansion or required buying a totally new simulator previously.
    yes, that's what I was referring to... the biennial versions, such as FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX, etc, along with the CFS series which often advanced the base sim's development during that era (for instance, FS2004 had some things that were added into CFS2. etc ) In a sense these old FS versions that we paid for every other year or so were like the SU's of today in terms of adding/improving features, etc.

It seems MSFS is currently in a state like Win10 was for some time, when MS said there'd be no new versions, just updates to Win10

- dcc
    - -

OK, I see what you mean now. I totally disagree, but I see it.

August

Members who have read this thread: 0