Stampe SV-4 Restauravia available ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stampe SV-4 Restauravia available !

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Just landed after my first couple of flights.

This is a lovely aeroplane, a worthy successor to the P3D/FSX product. Thanks to the dev team for giving it to us.

I do not see any need to apply the flight model tweaks suggested in gribouil's post. It flies fine as is, and the dev team has clearly worked hard on the flight model. It is not improved by the tweaks of some random internet guy.

I have not encountered the double cursor in VR that Yoyo has, it works fine for me. However, I have not managed to uncage the gyro compass or the artificial horizon. That could be my fault, I am still figuring it out. They both have a red and white X on them, does that mean they are not functional yet?

All I really need is an orange Belgian Air Force skin with a penguin on the side, and I'll be happy!

August
    Hello k5083,
    I'm a bit disappointed (to say the least!) to read such an answer...
    "Barnstormer" from "pilote-virtuel" forum is not exactly what you call "some random internet guy":
    He is one of the most experienced (if not the most experienced!) pilot on this forum with a huge background on real biplane (Stampe, Jungmann, etc...).
    He spent several hours tweaking this aircraft in order for her to behave like the real one when performing aerobatics...
    Regards,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Hello all,
    Here are some parameters suggested by Barnstormer on "pilote-virtuel" forum (file is flight_model.cfg):

In [AIRPLANE_GEOMETRY]:

positive_g_limit_flaps_up =9
    positive_g_limit_flaps_down =9
    negative_g_limit_flaps_up =9
    negative_g_limit_flaps_down =9

In [FLIGHT_TUNING]:

elevator_effectiveness = 0.8
    elevator_maxangle_scalar = 0.6 (line to be added)
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.5

Cheers,

Stéph.
    It doesnt help a lot. Straight flight with detecion of crashes = it heppens again .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It doesnt help a lot. Straight flight with detecion of crashes = it heppens again .
    Hello Yoyo,
    The parameters I've shared are not meant to solve the crash problem (parameter must be OFF) but will help this airplane to behave more like the real one.

Isn't required a minus sign on the "negative_g_limit-flaps" numbers, i,e. "-9" instead of "9"?

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Hello Yoyo,
    The parameters I've shared are not meant to solve the crash problem (parameter must be OFF) but will help this airplane to behave more like the real one.
    Ok, thank you! Maybe I'll wait for the next build. The plane and model is pretty cool but needs some tweaking still.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hello
    For those with pre-flight crash concerns, the Stampe currently only works if the "Faults and Damage" lines in "Support Options" are disabled.

A correction will be made in the next version which will make it possible to fly with these lines activated or not.
    Marc

Both problems (crashing / missing sounds) solved at a stroke! Thanks to the people who can and do bother to share what they discover - and what a lovely companion to Ant's Tiger Moth!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    Both problems (crashing / missing sounds) solved at a stroke! Thanks to the people who can and do bother to share what they discover - and what a lovely companion to Ant's Tiger Moth!
    or indeed Lionhearts Jungmann ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ega View Post
    Isn't required a minus sign on the "negative_g_limit-flaps" numbers, i,e. "-9" instead of "9"?
    Exactly - not placing a minus sign to the value of the negative limit number will result in a crash detection - just fix that and your Stampe will work, YoYo
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Hello all,
    My bad... the "negative limit" lines should have looked like this:

negative_g_limit_flaps_up =-9
    negative_g_limit_flaps_down =-9

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Members who have read this thread: 3