Stampe SV-4 Restauravia available !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stampe SV-4 Restauravia available !

For fans of head-to-wind flight, aerobatics and thrills, our Stampe is available HERE.
    14 real and two fictitious liveries!
    Thanks to André, Jean-Michel, myself and the whole team for their support!
    Good fun !
    Marc

thanks for the heads up

Looks nice! TY!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

bonus - she's FREE ! my favorite price
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm having a problem: when I try tp start a flight with the Stampe, within half a second of loading at the airport, I get the
    message that the aircraft is overstressed and asking whether I want to restart the flight or go back to the main menu. This
    happens whether I choose to start cold and dark at a parking space or ready for takeoff on the runway. All other aircraft load
    fine. I've downloaded twice, tried with different liveries and different airports.

For the half second I can see the vc before the error message comes up, it looks nice.

same here - something is triggering the crash detection in MSFS from the time you select the aircraft in the hangar - load a flight and within 10 seconds you get the crash detection fade to black
    enter..the Sandman

SOH-CM-2022
    Always one of my favourites in P3D

Look forward to enjoying her some more in MSFS.

Think I need to spend some time flying around France.

Also getting the Crash Detection notice.

Sounds like one of those small bugs that can so easily get past the beta testers.

Thanks for the heads up, I loved this plane in past sims, but will wait till I hear of a fix!

August

the plane can be flown in MSFS by turning off all the crash detection stuff - just FYI and until the developer or some outstanding community member can sus it out.
    Thank you to Restauravia for creating this model for us to use and enjoy. Much appreciated
    enter..the Sandman

Quite pity about this crash. Strange that it didnt noticed during tests. Developer know about this issue already?

This is MSFS problem in global. I have detection of crashes/overstressed ON also , so the same as it was in my FS9, FSX, P3D 1-5. In MSFS even if you open window you can recive it! It's fun how Asobo detects crashes .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just downloaded it and what an awesome aircraft! Flight modelling is among the best I've come across either freeware or payware. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of hours flying time in a Stampe and it feels very convincing. Even things like the way the tail comes up right at the start of the takeoff roll. I'm sold!

I normally fly with damage turned off so didn't see this at first but I turned it on to see what everyone was talking about and sure enough I got the the crash popup.

I did a little digging and I think I found the problem.

In the flight_model.cfg under [AIRPLANE_GEOMETRY]

positive_g_limit_flaps_up =
    positive_g_limit_flaps_down =
    negative_g_limit_flaps_up =
    negative_g_limit_flaps_down =

Are all set to 0. I don't know what the number should be but I tried the ones out of the P3D version which are all set to 8 and I don't get the popup any more.

I also have a theory on why it was missed. If you have Developer Mode enabled the crash detection options are ignored.

One other thing I would like to see fixed is IMO the windscreens are a bit too opaque and hard to see though.
    I know that how the textures are handled in MSFS is totally different to how they where in FSX/P3D so I'm not sure how to fix it to my liking, anyone have ant ideas?
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Question: does this also containt the model with the canopy like used in the Belgian AF?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I normally fly with damage turned off so didn't see this at first but I turned it on to see what everyone was talking about and sure enough I got the the crash popup.

Are all set to 0. I don't know what the number should be but I tried the ones out of the P3D version which are all set to 8 and I don't get the popup any more.

I also have a theory on why it was missed. If you have Developer Mode enabled the crash detection options are ignored.

One other thing I would like to see fixed is IMO the windscreens are a bit too opaque and hard to see though.
    I know that how the textures are handled in MSFS is totally different to how they where in FSX/P3D so I'm not sure how to fix it to my liking, anyone have ant ideas?
    Excellent catch, Beans. The actual G limits for the Stampe are 6.0 for positive, -6.0 for negative (make sure to include the minus sign). I will download and try it out tonight!

http://stampe-busse.de/daten44.htm

August

Great input Beans ´n´August. Thanks, works like a charm now.

Dearly missed since FSX days.

You gotta love it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSFS_175.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	480.2 KB 
ID:	90301

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSFS_176.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	90302

Another big plus: no "sporty" inside

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Question: does this also containt the model with the canopy like used in the Belgian AF?

Cheers,

Priller
    This has the open cockpit only

It doesn't include a definition for the VR view so here's mine for anyone that wants it.
    Just add it to the bottom of the cameras.cfg
    Restauravia are welcome to use it for an update if they want to.

[CAMERADEFINITION.2]
    Title="PilotVR"
    Guid="{B9AC873B-4051-4073-B2D6-231ECFC51EEC}"
    UITitle="TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_PILOT_VFR"
    Description=""
    Origin="Virtual Cockpit"
    Track="None"
    TargetCategory="None"
    ClipMode="Normal"
    SnapPbhAdjust="Swivel"
    PanPbhAdjust="Swivel"
    XyzAdjust=1
    ShowAxis="NO"
    AllowZoom=1
    InitialZoom=0.35
    SmoothZoomTime=2
    BoundingBoxRadius=0.1
    ShowWeather=1
    CycleHidden=0
    CycleHideRadius=0
    ShowPanel=0
    MomentumEffect=1
    ShowLensFlare=0
    PanPbhReturn=0
    SnapPbhReturn=0
    InstancedBased=0
    NoSortTitle=0
    NodesToHide=""
    Transition=0
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    PanAcceleratorTime=5
    XYZRate=0.25
    XYZAcceleratorTime=0
    ZoomPanScalar=1
    Category="Cockpit"
    SubCategory="Pilot"
    SubCategoryItem="PilotVR"
    InitialXyz= 0.00, 0.15, 0.00 ; -l/+r -d/+u -b/+f
    InitialPbh= 0, 0, 0
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks Beans, that's another essential mod. Biplanes are great in VR.

August

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post

Thank you very much for this !

Hello all,
    Here are some parameters suggested by Barnstormer on "pilote-virtuel" forum (file is flight_model.cfg):

In [AIRPLANE_GEOMETRY]:

positive_g_limit_flaps_up =9
    positive_g_limit_flaps_down =9
    negative_g_limit_flaps_up =9
    negative_g_limit_flaps_down =9

In [FLIGHT_TUNING]:

elevator_effectiveness = 0.8
    elevator_maxangle_scalar = 0.6 (line to be added)
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.5

Cheers,

Stéph.

as I was saying..the outstanding, but somehow Dangerous Beans, has come along and saved the day on crash detection

Now - about that spinning prop disc...

Aircraft is a fine addition to the biplane trainer fleet already available in MSFS..
    FW-44 next??
    enter..the Sandman

Also something strange is with shadows, I see shadows flickering on wings (from pilot view), very strange . On ecternal is ok.
    Double cursor in VR on active clicks spots is present too.

Just landed after my first couple of flights.

This is a lovely aeroplane, a worthy successor to the P3D/FSX product. Thanks to the dev team for giving it to us.

I do not see any need to apply the flight model tweaks suggested in gribouil's post. It flies fine as is, and the dev team has clearly worked hard on the flight model. It is not improved by the tweaks of some random internet guy.

I have not encountered the double cursor in VR that Yoyo has, it works fine for me. However, I have not managed to uncage the gyro compass or the artificial horizon. That could be my fault, I am still figuring it out. They both have a red and white X on them, does that mean they are not functional yet?

All I really need is an orange Belgian Air Force skin with a penguin on the side, and I'll be happy!

August

One thing about this plane that you may notice is that quite a few sounds are missing, especially landing and ground roll sounds. That's because it uses the sound set from the FSX/P3D version but doesn't give you the common wav files from those sims. If you have FSX or P3D on your disc, copy the following wav files into the sound folder of this plane:

c4wind4
    cmtouch1 through cmtouch8
    GA_wind
    smbyland
    smwingsrc
    usroll1 through usroll3
    wind_general

Then regenerate your layout.json for the addon. Now you'll have the touchdown, ground roll, wind, and other sounds.

August

Members who have read this thread: 3