VR in MSFS

Thread: VR in MSFS

VR in MSFS

After a long period of not using MSFS, can someone point me in the direction of the settings to change to make VR crisper - in terms of readable gauges?

The same setup in DCS and P3D gets me readable gauges, but in MSFS its a bit blurry to say the least!

Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    After a long period of not using MSFS, can someone point me in the direction of the settings to change to make VR crisper - in terms of readable gauges?

The same setup in DCS and P3D gets me readable gauges, but in MSFS its a bit blurry to say the least!

Any help appreciated.
    Some of tips was in this topic http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1303703 (however is a long topic ). I can share my settings too.
    Which gogles and which GPU?

I will add right away that there is basically no option for the image to be as sharp as in DCS or IL-2, but you can improve it by at least half than what you have.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    I think setting up VR to be clear is more of an art than a science. That being said...

Make sure you headset is on correctly. I find mine can slip with head movement. I often lean forward to see gauges.

Some people have success with DX12 and RTX 30-40 series. The jury is still out in my case. I have tried DX12 a couple of times but always seem to go back to DX11 and TAA.

You might look at this site and try its suggestions. How to Optimise MSFS for VR - Channel LFD
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Jmig is right, it's important to adjust your headset position. You didn't say what your gear is, but if it's a Reverb G2, there is a small sweet spot where it is truly sharp, and it may not necessarily be where you would think the center of your vision is, depending on how your goggles are set up. Personally, I find that I have to have the goggles ride up a little, and not sit right down on my nose, to get the sweet spot right. Your face may vary.

You also have to point your head down at the instruments when looking at them to see them clearly, don't just glance down at them with your eyeballs as you may be used to doing on the screen.

Settings-wise, if sharpness is the top priority and your rig has the grunt to keep up the frame rates, keep it at 100% resolution rather than using the downscaling/interpolation option that is available both in the MSFS and VR settings. Some people even upsample to 120% for additional sharpness.

You're going to see disappointing sharpness and a lot of chromatic aberration on any of the current consumer grade sets, that's just the nature of the tech right now.

August

Any help appreciated.
    Blurriness = low resolution.
    You need to check the parameter which is called "render scale" or something like that. you might want to push it up a bit.
    Which headset do you have, and what kind of performance are you getting with your current (blurry) settings ?

Apologies, been away for a few days.

I'm using an RTX 3080 and a Quest 2.

I'll have a look through your great suggestions - see if I can find that sweet spot

Thanks!

Apologies, been away for a few days.

I'm using an RTX 3080 and a Quest 2.

I'll have a look through your great suggestions - see if I can find that sweet spot

Thanks!
    Sorry Im on Reverb G2 but for sharpness use mbucchia OpenXR Toolkit: https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/.
    Use CAS opition and set sharpness to 100%. You will see the big difference with the quality of picture.

For increasing of sweet spot you can use short gasket. You can easy check it (if you dont use glasses). Take off present gasket and without it check how sweet spot will increase if your eyes are near the lenses.
    Personally Im using very short gasket, 10mm (along with a sponge), like this: http://yoyosims.pl/jak-poprawi%C4%87...w-hp-reverb-g2. Im sure similar the solution is for Quest 2 too.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0