Flying in the Philippines in 1941

Thread: Flying in the Philippines in 1941

Icon22 Flying in the Philippines in 1941

I was wondering is anyone has made some missions for the P-26A peashooter in the Philippines in December 1941? I cannot fine any on the web. I have the aircraft by Wolf and they are great.

Library Staff
    Hi Marty,
    The Luzon 1941 package by Take53084 features a PAAC Peashooter mission over Batangas.
    Kevin

Can not find it the Download shows as an error

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Marty,
    The Luzon 1941 package by Take53084 features a PAAC Peashooter mission over Batangas.
    Kevin
    That is what I am looking for but, I can only Find Batan 1942. If anyone knows where it can be? please let me know.
    Thanks for all your help. The P-26 was a great adventure for many great pilots.

Library Staff

Luzon_1941.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Luzon 1941 - The Japanese Invasion of the Philippines

This campaign for CFS 2 is based upon the Japanese invasion of the Philippines starting on December 8th 1941 and continuing until the withdrawal to the Peninsula of Bataan on December 23rd 1941. I tried to follow the historical events as close as possible but took the liberty of adding a minor amount of “meat to the bone” to make it more interesting.

Big thanks to Captain Kurt and Officered and his wife for their reports, the time they spent on it and the help and information they gave when doing the beta testing.

Special big thanks to Cody Coyote for his always friendly and patient help with several problems and for his review and correction of the campaign file.

I hope you will enjoy it and get the feeling of being taken back in time to Luzon 1941.

DSkambraks@aol.com (Take53084)
    “Tuskegee Red Tail Angel”

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Luzon_1941.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    There you go Marty! It was missing in action so I uploaded it. I'll ask Rami to put it in Take53084's name and backdate it to September 2005.

This and the Bataan campaign probably deserve upgrading with new planes and ships.

Blog Entries
    There you go Marty! It was missing in action so I uploaded it. I'll ask Rami to put it in Take53084's name and backdate it to September 2005.

This and the Bataan campaign probably deserve upgrading with new planes and ships.
    I might have to try that whenever I’ve the time. I spent some time in Luzon not to mention money as well like in new sunglasses new tv new jewelry new cell phone etc. getting back to the campaign does that use thế latest Philippine scenery package. I’m on a iPhone so can’t download just yet to see what’s all needed.

Thank you Very much

I loaded this Luzon 1941 and changed the aircraft and it is great. I have not had so much fun in a long time. The scenery is excellent and every thing goes together very easy, Thank again for you help.

Library Staff
    There will be further improvements to the Manila Bay scenery soon. I've done GSL scenery for Manila city, port and oil terminal, as well as Sangley Point Naval Air Station and Cavite Naval Shipyard - there are still some objects to add to Cavite.
    Meanwhile, R. Wills is in the process of building the coastal fortifications and islands at the mouth of Manila Bay.
    MaskRider's updated airfields are not affected.

Library Staff
    The Luzon missions are very well made but suicidal. I think flying on the Japanese side would be satisfying.

If you want your Peashooter to fire through the reticule, go into the panel.cfg and make this amendment: VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.000, 0.000, 0.000
    You will still get shot down.

For a good representation of the battle, wouldn't have it any other way! Can't wait to fly these missions and put the parachute to work.

looking for new B-18A BOLO

I have Paul Clawson great FS2002/CFS2 Douglas B-18A"Bolo" The problem is, " the glass on the model does not show through the cockpit and rear gunners position. I have placed the uppergunner in the rear, like the pilots some angles you see them, some you don't. Has anyone made a better model with viewable glass? this could be a great aircraft with the right changes.

Paul made a version of the B-18 for FSX. It may be possible (by those who are "gurus") to modify the thing for CFS2/FS9 like some of the other aircraft out there have been modded, but I'm not sure. Part names and annimations are different from what I understand. You'd also have to change all the textures to BMP from DDS, etc, etc.

I'm not sure how that version of the Bolo compares to the original one, but if it's similar to his FSX HP42 as far as quality goes, then it should be a really nice "3-D wise" project at the very least.

I still haven't found anything by him to be bad, regardless of platform.

Jorge

I always thought the Bolo for CFS2 was done well for it's time, and makes a good AI aircraft, but it definitely shows it's age. Not a great deal of subject matter for creating missions, as the Bolo was very much obsolete by the time the U.S. entered the war. I know Canada used them for maritime reconnaissance.

I planned to make some changes and update some of the planes in the Luzon campaign as above, but haven't had a close look yet. Didn't know there was a Bolo mission in there. I gotta give it a try now!

Members who have read this thread: 0