For Developers only

Thread: For Developers only

SOH-CM-2024

For Developers only

All of a sudden I have run into a snag with the new SDK. When I open the Project Editor window, the SOB opens to the full vertical length of the monitor. I can find an arrow to adjust it horizontally, but how in the world does one adjust ot vertically. I need smaller windows, all developers do, this will not work. BTW, the Inspector windows does the same, by the time I open all the windows necessary, I have no scenery to work with! WTF is going on?

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024

Here's what it looks like.

How does one make the windows smaller vertically? One can get an arrow and adjust it horizontally, but nothing I do presents an option to adjust the vertical.

CazzieAttachment 90236

Just updated my SDK and had the normal small repositional windows appear. Are you in full screen mode or windowed? If full screen, try switching to windowed mode and see if that works.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

SOH-CM-2023
    Having a similar experience. See my earlier 3/23/23 post titled "Developers mode menu resizing question" and Tom's response. I looked yesterday and found no mention of the problem. Maybe today. BTW I'm a newbie to msfs sdk and this problem complicates my understanding and use of it.

Jim

Looks like you've got the windows "docked" to the sides. Grab the title bar of each and move it inward so it undocks. Then you can change the height with the corner handle.

I don't have the SDK installed right now, but I think if you move the Project Editor window towards the middle of the screen, it will pop out of place.

Alternatively, try asking or searching over on the dev support forums

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/index.html

SOH-CM-2023

Icon26

Thanks gents for your comments. In the upper left of the editors is a small down-arrow under a small bar. Pressing that undocks the editors.
    Now to discover the differences.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Thanks gents for your comments. In the upper left of the editors is a small down-arrow under a small bar. Pressing that undocks the editors.
    Now to discover the differences.
    It makes the window disappear, already tried that. I managed to get all but the objects window to resize toi my liking. How? Danged if I know? I just kept clicking the window until it appeared to move, then moved the bottom up to where there was a grab handle in the lower right to resize the window. All did so except the Objects window, I could never get that. However, I was able to use the Objects window and get what I wanted, which was the restaurant at KMTV in Martinsville, VA that went missing from my original package for the airport.

Cazzie

Attachment 90245

SOH-CM-2023
    I encountered two SDK problems following SU12 and SDK v0.21.0.

The Console reporting did not appear during a build and the Inspecter did not provide the correct screen.

The Console problem was resolved by editing the DefaultLayout.ini in a subfolder of the Official folder. Boris of
    the MS Flightsimulator's SDK Q&A Platform provided the solution.

The Inspector screen problem remains unresolved. The following is the recent submissin to the Q&A Platform:

Inspector incompatible with SDK version

After SU12 and the installation of SDK v0.21.0 the inspector indicates a manditory thumbnail size of 412x170, when it should
    show a size of 904x486.

Attempting a build on a new project using the default 412x170 thumbnail and the SDK SimpleSenery files results in a red error
    and two yellow messages indicating a thumbnail problem. Trying a 904x486 thumbnail is immediately rejected.

Repeated downloads and reinstallation of the SDK gives the same result.

Is this problem easily correctable or does it indicate a corrupted MSFS, Windows or other program? Or perhaps an SSD
    failure?

Apologies. This is a repeat problem under a different topic.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Chalk up another mystery to my collection of MSFS problems.

SOH-CM-2024
    Jim, I can't get a dang thing to take after SDK SU12! I have been trying to get a livery of the Vision Jet up for three days! Can't do it! Did it by the book using the Development Tool in MSFS. When I couldn't get in through the front door, I tried the side door, which is writing all on my own using what knowledge I have and when I couldn't get in that way, I used the back door, which is copying someone else's file and rewriting all for my livery, all to no avail. Something is FUBAR for me, because I have done liverieries for MSFS and no problem until now. There has to be an easier or simpler way. I loathe those .json files, do away with those things Asoba or Microsoft!

And now SOH wants to hassle me by telling me my message is too short? WTH?

Regards,
    Cazzie

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Chalk up another mystery to my collection of MSFS problems.[/QUOTE]

SOH-CM-2024

A mystery?

Well, I finally got a package with 0 error and no exclamation marks, built the Package, and there it was in all its splendor in the Package Folder. Dropped it into MSFS and guess what? Nothing, nada, not one thing showing! I am miffed and I say as a expletive! I know I am doing it RIGHT and the SU 12 SDK is muffing it somehow! My brain hurts and I hate losing to a machine! I have spent three days dealing with this and it's becoming such an ordeal, it's enough for me to tell MSFS to take a hike and uninstall everything. If I cannot create, my life with the sim is over! If it is my error, I wish someone could help and tell me, I am going by the SU 12 SDK Documentation for doing liveries and it is even though it delivered, I have nothing to show. My package is in the MSFS Community folder and it simply is not showing up in My Hanger or in the Liveries for the Vision Jet! I don't think I am going to be here much longer, because if this frikking SDK does not work proper, I don't even care to fly!

Regards,Cazzie, artist without a life!

SOH-CM-2023
    Yes, Cazzie, the mystery continues with me. I've gotten help from Boris of Asobo by providing detailed info. Like you I was eventually able to get an error free build, saved it and the single object did not appear in the sim. I'm a newbie at this and was successful only once placing an object b/4 SU12 and the latest SDK update. The problem of the inspector wanting the old 412x170 thumbnail persists for me.

SOH-CM-2023

Newbie experience

After about six weeks learning Blender and MSFS SDK , I've succesfully created a model of Bowman Field's old Admin office. It has been a long, tedious trial and error struggle dealing with SDK changes since SU13, incompatibilities between Blender and Export versions and age limitations of one-eye vision, remnants of a mild stroke, and short term memory. Very helpful were PatriotSix tutorials, listed below, that were played many times until I could complete the SDK process with little reference to them. A list of steps was also made, based on those tutorials, as an abbreviated reference.

I may do more design but... I spent months doing Louisville for FSX to become obsolete by the much better Photogrammetry. Age, time and ability now limits what I'll do.

My first MSFS SDK experience began shortly before SU13 and I became briefly familiar with the interface and the individual editor windows that could be moved about and arranged to my liking/size on the monitor workspace. SU13's SDK was a surprise in that much was limited in customizing the editor screens. The Project Editor and scenery Editors were delegated to the left while the Inspector, Objects and Properties Editors were to the right side, leaving roughly one third of the screen space in the center to place your objrcts. A Materials Editor and Gizmo were allowed to float and be resized. The other editors could only be resized horizontally. The lack of distinct editor borders confused me until discovering the Project and Scenery editor could be expanded by ticking the top of those editors. The same was true of the Inspector, Objects and Properties Editors. Supposedly this is an improvement in that much will always be fixed, but it was a new learning curve for an already newby.

ak416 of SOH provided the link, https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/index.html, which helped resolve a Market place problem when creating an initial SDK build. The SDK prior to SU13 used thumbnails of size of 412x170 but afterwards required 904x486. Boris of the SDK Q&A Platform provided the solution. The Marketplace data had to be removed, the build deleted and rebuilt. The SDK was allowed to proceed without errors but required the 412x170 thumbnail.

I needed a Blender UV feature that would reverse the selected image, in right to left and left to right order. The Blender V3.0.1 used by PatriotSix in his tutorials did not work for me, but V2.93.17 did. The late v3.3.6 version and its recommended exporter is still mystery to me so I've never used it. Juggling with all the Blender versions and compatible exporters slowed progress.

--------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TXWNYxS520 PatriotSix/SDK/Scenery Design (add objects)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPFTHzelZr0 PatriotSix/Blender 3D models into MSFS (template is SimpleScenery)

Members who have read this thread: 0