USS Theodore Roosevelt in SD Bay

Thread: USS Theodore Roosevelt in SD Bay

USS Theodore Roosevelt in SD Bay

I watch the San Diego Web cam a lot and today captured the USS Roosevelt and the John Lewis in San Diego, I think the Roosevelt is on a post yard trials and will pull in and out of
    San Diego. I get to watch live arrivals and departures of all the mil and civ ships. Very interesting to watch. I left SD back in '75 and it sure has grown since then.

Edit: The TR is now docked at SD. Here you see the crew manning the rail. Been there, done that looong ago.
    Last edited by gray eagle; March 23rd, 2023 at 13:14.

I was on that deck and below decks in 2009. I went on a Tiger Cruise with my Brother

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I wonder why the sailors are holding their white hats while manning the rail?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I wonder why the sailors are holding their white hats while manning the rail?
    My guess is it was windy and those dixie cups have stripped left hand threads.

I watch the TR that day turn around and go back out past Point Loma and things got bouncy real quick.

[QUOTE=Dangerousdave26;1310137]I was on that deck and below decks in 2009. I went on a Tiger Cruise with my Brother

Thanks for sharing your vid. Looks like dungarees were still in at that time. They wear camos now, what are they hunting?

I might add that the TR was shifting Home Port to San Diego after completing an 18 month maintenance period.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    what are they hunting?

WABBITS

LOL

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 0