Su12

Thread: Su12

Su12

Hi All

I did my usual pre-Upgrade admin ("xxCommunity" and cleared cache".

So far not noticed any issues and the load time does seem to have improved.

Anyone else got any post upgrade blues at all?

After some serious waiting to get startet at all - the update was smooth sailing! - 5h from top to bottom incl Marketplace stuff on a 100Mb line.

Just - altough I took the improvement mods out of the Community folder I'm still looking on the original DC-3 - i.e. no Beacon, Landing Lights in wrong order etc.....

Will double check with the community folder again tonight.
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

Quote Originally Posted by J.Case View Post
    After some serious waiting to get startet at all - the update was smooth sailing! - 5h from top to bottom incl Marketplace stuff on a 100Mb line.

Just - altough I took the improvement mods out of the Community folder I'm still looking on the original DC-3 - i.e. no Beacon, Landing Lights in wrong order etc.....

Will double check with the community folder again tonight.

good luck,my sim stop working after this Update,ctd low bandwidh,conection lost...........no mods installed

was good before yesterday

Same here, serious bandwidth issues all day and the loading time is another annoyance.
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Same here, serious bandwidth issues all day and the loading time is another annoyance.
    Same here in the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Hi All

I did my usual pre-Upgrade admin ("xxCommunity" and cleared cache".

So far not noticed any issues and the load time does seem to have improved.

Anyone else got any post upgrade blues at all?
    BTW my Broadband speed here
    is only 45mbps

Downloading now - running at roughly 10%/min, although I'm probably jinxing myself...

Edit... I'm watching the Official\OneStore folder while everything comes in. In the past, the sim downloaded one piece, decompressed that, then moved on. It looks to be downloading several pieces before decompressing them.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Done!

1709 Start - 4.12 GB
    1720 Finished - sim launching

1722 Content manager - 8.23 GB
    1755 Finished

D/l total 12.25 GB

Final tally is 375 new/updated folders totaling 131 GB of new content with today's timestamp.

Question - what kind of compression are they using!?!? That's a nearly 16:1 ratio!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SU12 / DC-3 Update

ok - so here we are: The DC-3 shows everything that should have been fixed

- The community folder has nothing left that goes for the Dak

- The CONTENT MANAGER says UPDATE AVAILABLE = 0

- THE DC-3 ENHANCED is som 6,1GB and VER 0.1.0
    -> anything else is on 1.0.11

What keeps me away from deleting it is the fact that the Douglas DC-3 folder (Ver1.0.11) only has around 1.6GB.
    So the better part of my DC-3 installation seems to be inside the enhanced folder !?

May I ask what's going on?
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

SOH-CM-2024
    For me, the Content Manager uploads were only 53 and went by without a snag. But it took me nearly three hours to download Version 21 of the SDK and all of its documents and samples. Isn't .msi a wonderful thing? Snicker, snicker!

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post

Final tally is 375 new/updated folders totaling 131 GB of new content with today's timestamp.
    What???? 131 GB of new storage required just to install SU12??? Good thing I just put in a 2TB SSD the other day on the second slot.... Good grief.

It's not all new - most of it is updated. That's how much has today's date, but it's certainly not all new. In fact, about 2/3 of that is updated content from the Content Manager updates. Don't worry, the sim isn't doubling in size.

Edit: Taking a closer look at the folder names with today's date, I don't see anything that jumps out as new. There's a bunch of stuff updated, but generally, SU's don't add much if anything. They just modify the existing stuff. That's why dev's dread them - they're the ones that break 3rd party stuff.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    To top off all else, I had 55 updates at Flightsim.to! Yes, luckily I have a Premium account and got the ones I wanted. Some were lesser desired and I had already deleted the old file from MSFS.

Cazzie

Since the update, when I start a flight it puts me holding short of the runway engine running and announcing takeoff on the radio. I always choose to start from a ramp parking spot. If I stop the flight and start again I start at the parking spot as normal. I have searched the options menu to see if it is some type of feature added with the new update that must be un selected. I am wondering if anyone else has this happening

Must have been a server and bing maps issue, as for today everything is running fine again.

Only things I seem to notice are some bing texture flickering and missing autogen close to some scenery addons.

I quite like the turbulence option.
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    @ joe bob,

I did see a thread over on the AVSIM forum this morning about this very same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Since the update, when I start a flight it puts me holding short of the runway engine running and announcing takeoff on the radio. I always choose to start from a ramp parking spot. If I stop the flight and start again I start at the parking spot as normal. I have searched the options menu to see if it is some type of feature added with the new update that must be un selected. I am wondering if anyone else has this happening
    A lot of people are getting this, including me. It's not a new bug, but seems more prevalent since SU12. One solution is to select the parking spot twice, which is three mouse clicks - select, unselect, select again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's not all new - most of it is updated. That's how much has today's date, but it's certainly not all new. In fact, about 2/3 of that is updated content from the Content Manager updates. Don't worry, the sim isn't doubling in size.

Edit: Taking a closer look at the folder names with today's date, I don't see anything that jumps out as new. There's a bunch of stuff updated, but generally, SU's don't add much if anything. They just modify the existing stuff. That's why dev's dread them - they're the ones that break 3rd party stuff.
    Good lol. I was gonna say.

Members who have read this thread: 0