please help

Thread: please help

please help

hey all, i went to install the update,then msfs crashed and i got a message that i need an app to open the microsoft store link.
    doesnt tell me what app i need though? yall know? thank you

i made a new post to change the headline, please help. i havent any idea of what app i need. and i didnt say, when i first started MSFS, i got a windows defender message saying that 'some content is being blocked'.. i then told it to allow all. have i been hacked?

should i reinstall? if i do, can i install over what i have now? or do i need to delete everything ive added first?

The only app that should be needed is the Store app. You can try opening that and going your Library (lower left corner), then clicking the update button. That will install the new core files. Once that's done, then launching the sim should go straight to the update download.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It's probably referring to the Xbox app, you can download it from the Microsoft store in windows, don't worry its free.

I have no idea what the windows defender message was about, it may be unrelated to the update but if you click on the windows security icon in the task bar (looks like a shield with a tick on it) then seeing as you allowed it click on allowed threats bellow the Quick scan button you should be able to get more info on it.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56