Freeware T-37 Tweet
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Freeware T-37 Tweet

Freeware T-37 Tweet

Thought I'd mention this new file for the military crowd here...

It looks rather enjoyable

https://flightsim.to/file/52043/cessna-t-37b-tweet

t37post1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

t37post2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Downloading now... Even if I never fly it, it's good to support the author, and it'll be nice to see a few parked on ramps now and then.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

One of my favorite aircraft. Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded and off to check it out.

Nice aircraft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T-37 Tweet.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	90221
    Last edited by stovall; March 21st, 2023 at 15:38.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

On first impression, this is outstanding, maybe the best freeware plane we have seen yet in the sim. Looks, sounds, systems, flight model all seem to be payware grade to me. A very nice surprise.

August

What a Sweet Tweet. Ditto on it being payware quality.

The Tweet looks great but my-o-my I wish Orbx or someone of that ilk would do us a top drawer NAS North Island..

SOH-CM-2024
    Ain't she sweet? You'll fly her Tom, just be sure and read the English documentation included with the package and learn the instrument controls et al. It's a wonderful model and hard to believe that it's freeware, I have paid for lesser.

Cazzie

When you see these VC textures, folks will understand why a few of us were miffed at the 314 offering. This isi a fine offering.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    When you see these VC textures, folks will understand why a few of us were miffed at the 314 offering. This isi a fine offering.
    Exactly! It has detailing and texturing that don't look like a mid-range FS2004 product.

I hope the repainters can show this plane a little love. The T-37 served with 20 or so countries, often for long enough to wear several different trainer paint schemes with each, and was used by some of their aerobatic display teams as well. Lots of excellent skinning possibilities.

August

If it wasn't for Anuschka i'd be all over this Tweet ! I can handle only so much quality at one time... (fond memories of it in FS9 when it was released by the two developers who flew the real bird )

Kudus to the devs who brought it back to MSFS and for free and all !

I'm hoping that someone will do the over white paintjob from the 80ies!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I'm hoping that someone will do the over white paintjob from the 80ies!

Priller
    something like this you mean?
    Screenshot (1442) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I'll continue with it in the weekend
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Just some quickie screenshots from a short test hop last night. (Note, if you want to see air force-suited pilots, be sure to change your pilot selections (pilot/copilot) in your MSFS "misc" menu.)

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Exactly! It has detailing and texturing that don't look like a mid-range FS2004 product.

I hope the repainters can show this plane a little love. The T-37 served with 20 or so countries, often for long enough to wear several different trainer paint schemes with each, and was used by some of their aerobatic display teams as well. Lots of excellent skinning possibilities.

August
    I am not really a jet man, but I have always loved Tweetie. There is a Paint Kit enclosed in the download, but unfortunately the textures are .PNG in lieu of layered .psd. Easy to work with as you have seen by Jankees example that he's working on.

Cazzie

The only time they were ever that clean was right off the assembly line in Wichita or right out of the paint booth!

Need some properly weathered textures!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    something like this you mean?
    Screenshot (1442) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I'll continue with it in the weekend
    Exactly something like that! Beautiful!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

LOVE Jankees all-white variant...and am hoping for a non-dayglo bare metal 1960s ATC variant at some point:

Name:	6441016621_2ff9e839a9_o.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	90225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4564636770_fdf2c3347a_o.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	90226

Loving the first iteration of this classic...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    LOVE Jankees all-white variant...and am hoping for a non-dayglo bare metal 1960s ATC variant at some point:
    Kent
    Patience, my work is interfering at the moment, but it's on my list
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

WORK That's a 4 letter swear word, Jan! Is it time to retire yet? I did at 62 and never regretted it!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Name:	6441016621_2ff9e839a9_o.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	90225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4564636770_fdf2c3347a_o.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	90226

Kent
    Hey Kent! I forgot all about the bare metal T-37's. That will be a nice edition for sure. I was telling one of my friends last night about the times I serviced the T-37's that came into our field. The last one was a spare that was based with one of the Heavy Bomber Wings (the crew was two B-52 pilots out getting their flight and nav hours in flying out of Barksdale and up the east coast). I hated being Fireguard for engine start on these Flying Dog Whistles. Even with ear plugs and cans over the plugs, the high pitched screech/shriek was punishing! The intake noise was louder than the exhaust. The only other jet that was like that were the old Hawker 125 bizjets that still had the Rolls Royce Viper engines (my former boss owned one on the field). Glad to see this model, I had missed the Simworks version when I moved over to FS2020 and deleted P3Dv4.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    The last one was a spare that was based with one of the Heavy Bomber Wings (the crew was two B-52 pilots out getting their flight and nav hours in flying out of Barksdale and up the east coast).
    Hi Bryant! Yes...SAC had a program called the "Accelerated Copilot Enrichment (ACE)" program in the 80's and 90s, and there were T-37 and T-38 detachments stationed at SAC bomber and tanker bases. The program was designed to give copilots "pilot in command" experience in less costly air frames. Those airplanes were white like the one Jankees is working on. The bare metal T-37s are more of a 1960s thing with Air Training Command (ATC), and Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT).

There are only two things that I wish were slightly better on this Tweet:
    1. The flight model was a bit more tuned and smooth like Dino has done on the MB339 (but that will likely come with updates and patches)
    2. The lights seem odd...like the red landing light...would love to see the lights sorted out.

Love the airplane though! Had my dollar flight in it as an AFROTC cadet on 14 June 1981 at Williams AFB, AZ (same day and year the F-117 then secretly had it's first flight...as it turns out). I feel old.

Kent

EXCELLENT! Looking forward to both your current WIP, and the bare metal variant.

Thanks,

Kent

The ACE planes were also sometimes used for O-6 desk jockeys that wanted to do the minimum flight time required to maintain their flying status.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 4