The MSFS An-2 Livery Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The MSFS An-2 Livery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    There's probably not enough info for a good livery replication, but I came across this today:

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...-2-to-florida/
    So, we have a livery for this plane on flightsim.to now.

it's pretty good, but the repainter hasn't quite got it right, the wings, tailplane and cowling should be gray rather than the same blue as the tail.

But he has gotten us 90% of the way there and I might see if I can correct those parts in photoshop tonight.

According to an article I found in the NY Post, the defector, one Ruben Martinez, took off from Sancti Spiritus (ICAO code MUSS) (if you check out this airport on Google Earth you'll see ENSA still has plenty of An-2s left on the ramp) and landed at Dade-Collier KTNT at about 11:30am on Friday 10/21/22. That's enough detail to re-create the flight, now that there is an appropriate skin. It's 284 miles, so settle in for a long trip at An-2 speeds.

August

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Looks nice Zsolt! I checked An-2 but default skins look poor. I know, that they scanned planes and did it by AI and some manual work. Nothing special for me, a lot worse that in version for P3D or FSX even (anyway, some of them in the official release were mine ). I think after Taifun maybe I'll get on with the An-2, but I still have 2 more skins to do at least that I want to do.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Looks nice Zsolt! I checked An-2 but default skins look poor. I know, that they scanned planes and did it by AI and some manual work. Nothing special for me, a lot worse that in version for P3D or FSX even (anyway, some of them in the official release were mine ). I think after Taifun maybe I'll get on with the An-2, but I still have 2 more skins to do at least that I want to do.
    Good News YoYo! Can't wait to see AMN in all her new glory! Thanks!

C

The P3D version is much better, with many options
    Painting is also better!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I put a little time into correcting the colors of the defector An-2 and am ready to fly it around Cuba. For some reason, MSFS is in one of those moods tonight where it doesn't like the plane/airport combination I want, and crashes whenever I try to start a flight with it. But it is okay with me flying the plane around an airport that I don't want. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to fly it out of MUSS.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails an2-01b.jpg  

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SO GLAD to see her getting some love. I am hoping that the non GPS models (and GPS too) get patched by the Dev. to eliminate some issues. She has always been a favorite of mine.

Thanks all!

C

I did one more:
    C-FAKA(0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

C-FAKA(0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    I put a little time into correcting the colors of the defector An-2 and am ready to fly it around Cuba. For some reason, MSFS is in one of those moods tonight where it doesn't like the plane/airport combination I want, and crashes whenever I try to start a flight with it. But it is okay with me flying the plane around an airport that I don't want. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to fly it out of MUSS.

August
    Hi
    Will it be available for download with correct colors? thanks

I don't feel like I can upload it since the work is 95% someone else's. If it comes to the original artist's attention that the colors should be corrected, he may post an update. If you have paint.net or any program that can handle DDS files, it's a 10-minute fix.

The same artist has posted a couple of other Cuban An-2 repaints over the past couple of days. I have checked against photos on the web and they are very accurate. Another artist has also posted an AEROTAXI Cuban An-2 that is also correct. I was surprised to find that there are these nice, modern paint schemes on real An-2s in Cuba. It seems they are used for tourism and air-taxi flying as well as ag work. I'd certainly book a ride on one.

Most of you probably saw that wild Venezuelan scheme with the yellow and red flames that was posted last week. Initially I thought it was just as silly as the Asobo default schemes, but no, it's quite correct. Nice to see that a lot of Colts around the world are not only still working, but seem well cared for. These birds clearly have quite a few decades of service left in them.

August

Hi August, thank you
    Just out of curiosity I asked the author Mr. Rodolfo Estrella about the colour and, in "pt.flightsim.to" he said that it´s not grey but "It's actually a different color, in fact it's not gray but a very worn out blue."
    Best regards

For anyone needing an english cockpit there is a label mod at https://flightsim.to/file/52809/ats-...it-translation
    By zlin142, not me - I have done just a ASI-in-KNOTS mod, would anyone be interested in that?

Hi August, thank you
    Just out of curiosity I asked the author Mr. Rodolfo Estrella about the colour and, in "pt.flightsim.to" he said that it´s not grey but "It's actually a different color, in fact it's not gray but a very worn out blue."
    Best regards
    I don't disagree, there is a blue tint to it, and I thought it was pale blue in some photos I saw, especially in overcast conditions. If you look at the photos in this article, it looks bluish in the aerial shots but in the photo of Senor Martinez with the plane, under warm sunlight, it looks more like a neutral gray. Then again, that photo seems to have been taken in Cuba and could be with a different plane. Anyway, the main point is that it is much lighter than the color currently in the repaint.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/22/defect...ne-in-florida/

August

D-fone

anyone do D-FONE https://www.planepictures.net/v3/sea...et=75&range=25

were nice to have this one

Thank´s Ralf

Hi August
    Anyway is a very, very good work, and my big thank you to all the artists who share their work.
    BTW this is one of my favourites from P3D and I would love to have it on MSFS. Regards
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	90373

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    For anyone needing an english cockpit there is a label mod at https://flightsim.to/file/52809/ats-...it-translation
    By zlin142, not me - I have done just a ASI-in-KNOTS mod, would anyone be interested in that?
    Oh yes, please, especially if it includes altimeter and radio altimeter in feet....

Any news on AMN Yo-Yo? I’ve been flying the GPS version until ATS issues their update… no hurry, just didn’t want you to think the enthusiasm was waning…

Thanks- C
    C

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Oh yes, please, especially if it includes altimeter and radio altimeter in feet....
    RadAlt is easy but altimeter is tricky - it would be like the one I did for the swissmilsim Vampire with two scales...will look into it.
    https://flightsim.to/file/42439/engl...milsim-vampire

SOH-CM-2024
    Someone was mentioning the English translation for the panel, wish no more, this is better than what is for the MiG-15. Need someone to work up the MiG-15 panel for us ignorant Yankees.

Cazzie

https://flightsim.to/file/52809/ats-...it-translation

Attachment 90449

Any news on AMN Yo-Yo? I’ve been flying the GPS version until ATS issues their update… no hurry, just didn’t want you to think the enthusiasm was waning…
    Yes, I remember, I almost didnt flew in An-2 in MSFS yet. I finally got to play with it. Honestly, yesterday I looked at his textures and I have to say that this is a downgrade to the P3D version, they are much worse quality and even though they are supposed to be 4K they are worse because the size of the model on the textures has been reduced. Poor idea but I know it's not ATSim's fault but Asobo's who painted this model.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, I remember, I almost didnt flew in An-2 in MSFS yet. I finally got to play with it. Honestly, yesterday I looked at his textures and I have to say that this is a downgrade to the P3D version, they are much worse quality and even though they are supposed to be 4K they are worse because the size of the model on the textures has been reduced. Poor idea but I know it's not ATSim's fault but Asobo's who painted this model.
    must work on x-box,i think

Any news on AMN Yo-Yo?
    Btw. AM... but "L" maybe? Looks very, very similar (with white stripes even) and it will take something fresh! However, the first skin will be different.

So now I started with the An-2. In general, painting of An-2 for MSFS is a bit weak here, because from what I can see, basically the entire paintkit needs to be created by yourself. There's something on the ATSim website now, but it's not paintikit. To do it right, I have to separate everything into layers, which requires work from scratch. The original white texture looks like spilled milk, notihing more, so let's face it, when I looked at flightim.to, you can basically see that there are no more advanced repaint jobs. It won't be easy to get to the level I want, but I'm not saying it's impossible either. However, it requires a lot more work, because creating the layers alone will probably take several evenings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bez*tytułu.jpg  

Yo-Yo-

She was special enough to me, that I am glad to wait until you have the time to work on her. There are very few paints I have adored like that one.

Appreciate whatever you can do.

C

A bump to Page 1, so you know there is still interest for the old girl.

Ta- C

Members who have read this thread: 0