AN2 Is Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AN2 Is Here

AN2 Is Here

Well, Sim Update 12 has landed and the AT Simulations Antonov AN2 is here with it. I've got to remember all those switches again.....

Mod edit - downloadable user guide here: https://flightsimulator.azureedge.ne...SER_MANUAL.pdf
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; May 16th, 2023 at 13:09.

The cockpit looks absolutely fantastic !

The download is a crime at the moment ( this piccie is up for about 10 minutes now,life..). But who wouldn't want a VC looking like that (Ok, some FMC boys probabely). And for only 9 euri's !

Good Luck!

Gotta brush-off my cyrillic

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Hmmm, i was just about to trumpet forth the amazing and total superbness of the AN-2 model but now i'm not so sure anymore. I might hold off for a minute now...

Remember Oleg Antonov was Ukranian, not Russian, dvj.. (i certainly do understand your feelings, dvj..)

Btw, for anybody still recovering from the Clipper debacle, this Work Of Art will make you forget about that unfortunate interludium instantly. The difference between night and day has not been portrayed more clear in MSFS than the comparison between these two latest aircraft model additions. Where one costs 30 Euro and the other 9 and subsequently one goes to the bottom of the scale and the other to the very top.

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it!! The Very Best, All Singing and Dancing, All Bells and Whistles, Fully Fledched Aircaft Model has just arrived in MSFS !! ( along with the PMDG DC-6, same standard, same unmeasurable quality !)

Just saying, can't help it.

Start her up and you'll know !

After a couple of quick flights, my impression is that it's well worth the $10.

The exterior and interior models are top-notch, the cockpit textures are well done, and almost all of the cockpit controls are interactive, although not all of them are connected to something due to MSFS limitations. I'm not a huge fan of the choice of exterior textures (they're well done, just a bit bland), but I'm sure that's and artistic/legal choice, and there's likely to be a bunch of 3rd party repaints.

My only gripe so far is that there doesn't seem to be enough drag (especially from the flaps) in the flight model, so getting the airplane to slow down and descend is substantially more difficult than it should be for something with the approximate drag level of a medium sized house.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Hmmm, i was just about to trumpet forth the amazing and total superbness of the AN-2 model but now i'm not so sure anymore. I might hold off for a minute now...Remember Oleg Antonov was Ukranian, not Russian, dvj.. (i certainly do understand your feelings, dvj..)Btw, for anybody still recovering from the Clipper debacle, this Work Of Art will make you forget about that unfortunate interludium instantly. The difference between night and day has not been portrayed more clear in MSFS than the comparison between these two latest aircraft model additions. Where one costs 30 Euro and the other 9 and subsequently one goes to the bottom of the scale and the other to the very top.EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it!! The Very Best, All Singing and Dancing, All Bells and Whistles, Fully Fledched Aircaft Model has just arrived in MSFS !! ( along with the PMDG DC-6, same standard, same unmeasurable quality !)Just saying, can't help it. Start her up and you'll know !
    The crash was because the Antonov would not slow down even though I pulled power a good 2 miles out. Ran off the end of the runway. So something not right with the flight modeling. Oh well. The beautiful young couple got an unepxected addition to their selfie. There were no casualities. Pilot and Co pilot can be seen frolicking on the beach below. Don't get me started on Pilots.

The price of the An-2 is abstractly low . For me it was about 10$. I had -33%, maybe it was an mistake? I havent idea. An-2 was on the sale from the beginning.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

ATSim opened the site: http://www.atsimulations.com/an2-msfs.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    The crash was because the Antonov would not slow down even though I pulled power a good 2 miles out.
    Oh....thought your screenie had something not to be misunderstood to say... Apparently i did just that.. Sorry...

Btw, my few landings turned out about the smoothest so far.. (just bought 1935 Redwing Lyon Bron too, grass strip. Extraordinairy beautiful. As we say here in Holland "my corn is blooming" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    After a couple of quick flights, my impression is that it's well worth the $10.
    IMHO understatement of the week. Sorry..

The exterior and interior models are top-notch, the cockpit textures are well done, and almost all of the cockpit controls are interactive,
    Please don't forget the soundsuit, one of the best here in MSFS, if not THE best.

Honestly something good after the Clipper, now the sound is very good, although I miss a little documentation, if it is in the sim I did not find it,

By the way, the engine start in P3Dv4 I personally think that at the sound level it was better, what do you think?

SOH-CM-2022
    I was about to grab the AN-2 then I noticed that the price has jumped to $19 CDN, that makes it €13 or $14 USD.

Still not outrageous I guess.

The lack of flap drag is kind of odd, since the exact same thing is present with the Caribou, so I don't know if it's the same FM developer, or if there's something inherently weird in the SDK that leads to developers not adding enough flap to STOL airplanes.

For djv - I gotta ask... What scenery is that? It looks like a fun destination!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I remember the Ju 52 was very hard to slow down when it was first released also.

August

The cockpit night lighting is very cool.

Forest

Too many under-used aircraft in the hangar at the moment, so it's going on the list for later in the year. Looks very nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    For djv - I gotta ask... What scenery is that? It looks like a fun destination!
    -It's...Lord Howe Island. My absolute favorite sim flight testing area. https://auscenes.com/products/lord-h...d-ylhi-msfsCan also be found on Orbx. Might even be in the Marketplace, I have not looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pere View Post
    Honestly something good after the Clipper, now the sound is very good, although I miss a little documentation, if it is in the sim I did not find it,
    Manuals for the Asobo Local Legends aircraft are here, Pere : https://www.flightsimulator.com/aircraft-manuals/

However the AN-2 manual is not there yet. Just follow the AN-2 checklist and you'll be alright. Easy Peasy

Quote Originally Posted by Pere View Post
    By the way, the engine start in P3Dv4 I personally think that at the sound level it was better, what do you think?
    Can't remember exactly if i had it in FSX or P3Dv4 or both. In any case i loved my Anuschka as much as i love my Anuschka here in MSFS. Indeed the soundsuit has been fantastic in all sims for this amazing model. Ouzes quality in every aspect. I think you might be right about the start-up sound (fly-wheel included) in the P3D model was even better than in here in the MSFS model. But circle around the model in external mode and you'll be amazed. I know there's a word for it, propeller sound versus engine sound depending on your point of view, very well implemented here. And not exactly sure but did we have engine noise louder when windows/doors open in P3D ?... Check out the sound when you shove the throttle up or down with the engine not running... Show me another model that has that..

It's extreme details like this that makes Anuschka a specialty. In my MSFS book anyway. I nearly wet myself when i dared to put on my VR helmet...

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    -It's...Lord Howe Island.
    Very beautiful, dvj !

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    The cockpit night lighting is very cool.
    You can say that again, Forest ! WOW!!

Didn't have time for a nightflight yet. Did you know all light tubes can be rotated in any direction ?

Thanks for the mouthwatering screenie !

Picked up the AN-2. Soundset is great it has that nice radial rumble. I did a quick trip around the pattern and she seemed to slow nice and easy for me and finished it up with a smooth touchdown. I feel kind of guilty for getting it at that price definitely worth more. Looking forward to some new liveries

What a bargain! Best $10 you can spend on MSFS right now.

Seems really solid, though I flew the ski model first and last time I checked skis don't have working brakes.

Beautiful modeling. Can't wait to have more time to see all the versions! (Was out all day so bought it at bedtime. )

Members who have read this thread: 2