Dreadful noise whilst moving on the ground

Thread: Dreadful noise whilst moving on the ground

Dreadful noise whilst moving on the ground

I've suddenly got a dreadful noise whilst moving on the ground - starts as soon as the plane starts rolling, ends the second the main wheels leave the ground, starts again on landing, even on carriers.
    Happens with all aircraft.
    Sound is so loud/distorted/clipped it's not recognisable, all other sounds are OK.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Sound setting maybe wrong adjusted? Environment lever too loud?
    And:
    Sound devices maybe in wrong usage after some windows update? Happens to me every now and again, most case by muted aircraft sound though...
    Best regards, Manfred.

So...disabling each and the all of the 4 P3D Sound sliders makes no difference - the appalling sound whilst moving continues.
    But Q key DOES kill the sound.
    Just using the default sound device.

I went back to P3D4.5 just to get some peace and quiet and it has the same problem...either the two sims are interfering or both have the same broken add-on.
    The problem started just after I tried AICarriers.net, so that was the first to be disabled...but it was never added to P3Dv4.5, just a manual install with an entry in v5 Exe.xml which has now been disabled.
    Still the appalling noise.

SWS Carriers Extended IS in both sims, but was there for many days before the noise started...but I've tried quitting the program whilst P3D is running and preventing it loading in the first place - no change.

Sounds to me that the sim isn't the culprit. Did you try any other sound device?
    The default sound device was mostly the reason for my issues. I usually use the speaker device. Would do some experiments with the device next...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Turns out it was A2A's accufeel, by a process of elimination...changing it's sound device to an alternative and back again cleared up the issue...something got corrupted somewhere...
    Thanks for listening and for suggestions

Glad you solved the issue. Flightsim sometimes is a bitch
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 0