MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Edition

Thread: MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Edition

MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Edition

Is one able to delete the information details on the "external camera view", Height, speed, flap setting etc ? I would like to replicate the FSX info ribbon which used to sit in upper left hand corner of the screen as seen on a recent YouTube clip.

Isn,t there a addon for ?
    That is , if you mean this :
    https://flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Is one able to delete the information details on the "external camera view", Height, speed, flap setting etc ? I would like to replicate the FSX info ribbon which used to sit in upper left hand corner of the screen as seen on a recent YouTube clip.
    If you're talking about the heads up instrument display info, for the external view:

Options -> Assistance Options -> Instruments Heads Up Display-Chase Cam

For the internal vc view:

Options -> Assistance Options -> Instruments Heads Up Display-Cockpit Cam

For either one, you can then choose Full, Off, or Minimal. Minimal is probably what you're looking for, since it puts
    all the aircraft instrument info in a strip at the bottom of the screen, although it still leaves the large compass rose
    in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Isn,t there a addon for ? That is , if you mean this :https://flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats
    Awesome, thank you, now we just need to be able to delete the script at the bottom of the external camera view.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    If you're talking about the heads up instrument display info, for the external view:Options -> Assistance Options -> Instruments Heads Up Display-Chase CamFor the internal vc view:Options -> Assistance Options -> Instruments Heads Up Display-Cockpit CamFor either one, you can then choose Full, Off, or Minimal. Minimal is probably what you're looking for, since it puts all the aircraft instrument info in a strip at the bottom of the screen, although it still leaves the large compass rose in the upper left hand corner of the screen.Hope that helps.
    Thank you RobM, much better !

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Isn,t there a addon for ?
    That is , if you mean this :
    https://flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats
    I have been looking for this, installed it but it does not seam to work, does it still work with the latest update?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Yes it does. I've been using it since release!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Yes it does. I've been using it since release!

Priller
    Then I wonder what I am doing wrong, I dropped the ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats into my community folder, opened up the sim and once a flight was loaded pressed shift-Z, is there anything else you need to do?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out, I had to reset the toolbar in the sim then it started working.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0