Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spartan Executive Six Years Later

HI beautiful really

Roland

"Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    HI beautiful really

Roland
    Let me know how it flies for you on your system and what sim, OS etc to compare.

The Virtual Cockpit Panel

I spent this afternoon trying to create a virtual panel for this first with Abacus FS Design Studio instructions which I don't understand. They look so simple but don't work for me. So, then I tried to do it in FS Panel Studio which Abacus uses in cooperation with FSDS. That didn't work either no matter how hard I tried. If anyone wants to try and make a VC using my gauges you are welcome to try and if you succeed share it with all of us who will be so grateful. I AM including a modified panel cfg with my new panel bmps you can replace the one in the modern version with if you want to.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y0luk...Panel.zip/file

Misaligned

Gecko45 just PM'd me that in Prepar3D V4.5 the bump file and the fuse2 were misaligned. I had to go and find the Spartan again because I had to reinstall P3D and lost the addons which I now replaced and it is fine on my system but anyway here is a brand new link to the Spartan Executive Modern version with the new powder-coated and rubber rimmed panel like the real one. Enjoy.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/32uj8...odern.zip/file

Here Is An Update

I have learned a lot since this was done back in April of this year. Although the background might be a little clearer, I was able to recreate the 2D panel in VC with FS Design Studio and resizing my gauges to fit on the panel. I have a little hiccups in a couple of switches so I am not ready to share (Help asked for at FSDevelopers) Here is a screentshot I just took at 60J in North Carolina. All the gauges work in the VC, thank you Lord for inspiration to make it work. Thanks too to Arno for Model Converter X which allowed me to remove some gauges that were modeled into the mdl and "stepping on mine" Something I learned in the past nine months. I may also try and add a configuration panel next week. I learned how to add chocks to the Neptune back when working on NAS Argentia and I really like that shroud that is posted above on the release of the Spartan for MSFS. I don't know if my drawing skills are up to it. See about removing the pilot when chocks are set too. All things to try that I would like to add.

Wow, very nice I wish I had some skills.

Skills

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Wow, very nice I wish I had some skills.
    I am sure you have skills that I don't and many many people have helped me learn all I know along the way here in SOH and also in FS Developers where I was just reading a reply for help I posted this morning.

Members who have read this thread: 1