AlphaSim Modern weapons

Thread: AlphaSim Modern weapons

AlphaSim Modern weapons

Just been revisiting my Vietnam install where I really like flying the Alpha A1H Skyraider. After searching I could find no solution to the Alpha modern weapons not showing on the aircraft or in fact ANY of the Alpha aircraft. They are there, they just don't show. The aircraft shown should exhibit a full rang of ordinance but as you can see, it doesn't. Was there ever a fix for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A1H Vietnam.png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Stoney.....

.... there is a weapons zip file in that download. Did you overlook it by chance ? The modern weapons is a different stand alone zip.

Nope, I used that zip.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

This is what I get with any Alpha weapons on their aircraft,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_040.jpg  

Have you tried these ......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=20&nameid=ABC

Scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Tried 'em Fibber, same results!?

Stoney........

... I am far from a expert (or even a passing resemblance of one) but in my limited interpretation of the .dp file and the weapons packs some of the names appear different for the same called for item. Take a look at that.

Blog Entries
    Expert has arrived. All the weapons have been sent to Ukraine so we are defenseless. Just kidding as usual. Weapons have to have gun stations I do know that. You say they are there but can’t see them but do they work? Rockets fire and bombs explode? If they are not on there then compare weapon names like wep_Us_ empty_ beer_ bottle with the weapons you have it no have then must find or change weapons. If they work but can’t see them it might be a corrupt texture making them transparent. Make sure you have a objects dp if not they show up but don’t work. Clear the data file in weapons folder. If all else fails head to the beach and watch bikinis until you think of something else it could be or even if it matters anymore Hope that helps. I did graduate kindergarten so feel secure I know my stuff.

It's worth checking if the weapons appear/are recognised in a clean cfs2 install. I have had similar problems with some weapons where CFS2 simply refuses to recognise any new weapons installed, even if some older ones are removed, or sometimes just specific weapons are not recognised in one CFS2 install but work ok in another, with no obvious reason. This will at least show you if there is anything fundamentally wrong with the weapons files themselves.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, they are there, they are just invisible to the eye. Though they are invisible they will deploy in the normal manor. Thinking along to same lines as RWILLS I put the weapons and aircraft in to my "Training and Pre-war" install (which is essentially stock) and the same thing happened. Go figure.

Seriously though, I am the only one to have this as an issue? Such great a plane and a seemingly wonderful weapons pack. I would have thought it would have come up long before now. But I have searched and googled for some time and could find nothing mentioned.

I may have to give it a rest for a few days as on the 17th it's my 50th wedding anniversary and we will be stepping out of town for a while. I promised to not play with cartoon airplanes. Got'ta keep the peace!

I have been hand editing the dp with other modern weapons and now get this. So.. not to bad I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (120).png  

Stoney, they show just fine?!

Maybe re download the file in question again....

http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

Cheers mav

Ok, I'm back and I just installed a stone cold, default, No add-ons CFS2 in the original default location [Program Files (x86)] location. Then I re D/L the Alpha Skyraider and weapons. And wallah, the damn things DID show on the Alpha A1H in the fresh, stock install! So I removed them TO my Vietnam install and they still won't load visually. Still working on the issue. But I could see no deference in the two installs.

Members who have read this thread: 0