Florida Beaches Question

Thread: Florida Beaches Question

Florida Beaches Question

Has anyone found an accurate FSX scenery package which shows the Florida Atlantic and Gulf beaches? FSX stock Florida scenery was obviously composed by people who have never flown over and looked out their windows, or never been to Florida! There are NO beaches around Florida in FSX! And as most know, Florida is basically one BIG BEACH. The Atlantic Coast of Florida during high tide is still 20 to 50 yards of very blonde sandy beach from Georgia to Miami. I did a search here and found none. I did a seach online and there are a couple of payware "complete Florida" packages. I am willing to pay for the scenery, BUT NOT if it is just a redo of Microsoft's no beach Florida. So, back to my original question: can anyone recommend an accurate Florida scenery package which you know has beaches from Georgia to Miami and Naples to Mobile? Thanks, Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Ultimate Terrain X does a pretty good job of making more accurate coastlines (with beach), rivers, lakes, and roads. For airports, Art Poole has made a bunch of airports for Florida and the Bahamas. Frederick Zealor has also made some Florida airports.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Megascenery

Here is a link to Megascenery Florida which is photoreal scenery so it should give you the beaches. It does not have seasonal changes it is strictly Spring/Summer scenery though Florida unlike Northern states does not change much to my knowledge. It is currently $10.00 and they are really nice to deal with. I have other sceneries of theirs. If you want to demo it if you have never used it you can get a free copy of Delaware from them to try out and see how it works on your FSX and computer. You can also give it a 3D from Nuvecta for only $4.46 more for Florida
    FLORIDA
    https://www.megasceneryearth.com/florida-v3-2017.html

NUVECTA
    https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...cat=820&page=1

AND I do not get a commission on your purchase LOL!

If this is the Mega Scenery I remember from years ago, the big drawback for me was that it looked awesome from 2000' and above but once you got below that there was no autogen of any kind (vegetation or buildings). It was like landing on the moon.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That is why

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    If this is the Mega Scenery I remember from years ago, the big drawback for me was that it looked awesome from 2000' and above but once you got below that there was no autogen of any kind (vegetation or buildings). It was like landing on the moon.
    It HAS been improved since then and also for just the $4.46 reduced from $5.00 Nuvecta creates autogen of buildiings, trees etc of each state's scenery. I have used it in Illinois, North Carolina and South Carolina and it IS nice but also was a frame hit for me if I remember but that again was on my old laptop which was not very powerful. So...if you have a GOOD powerful computer, doesn't need to be an expensive gaming setup but not a wimp either....anyway, try the Delaware FREE and see what happens to your fps in FSX and also like Ed said, get on the ground at one of the airports in Delaware in FSX and see what you think about it. That is a comment not a sales pitch from experience. I don't want you to spend money even just $14.46 for Florida and Nuvecta for Florida and then be disappointed and angry with me for the recommendation.

Thanks Guys! I have some of Falcon409 airfields. Good looking scenery. I will try both for those prices and see which I like better. I have a fairly powerful PC, Ryzen 7 3700X CPU @ 3.6GHz, Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4G video card, 64G RAM, 7200RPM HD, and very large Virtual RAM Paging File. Since Windows 10 update 22H2 to check for Windows 11's doggy OS, I keep running out of system memory during flights. I tried Windows 11 and that is when my memory issues started. Reverted back to Windows 10 and now my office PC runs all of my flightsims better. FSX is even better on the office PC: Intel i7 4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, Geforce GT1030 2G video card, 16G RAM, large VR Paging file. Go Figure.... And yes, Florida has very little vegitation changes with seasons. I live in east central FL and we stay "pretty constant" year around. Temp changes, but not scenery... Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Did You Give It A Shot?

Just wondering if you got the Florida scenery. If it has to be budgeted I absolutely totally understand. I have a couple things I would like to have but the stuff on eBay has to sell first to make flighsim funds available. Tomorrow at FSPilotshop is 10% off Tuesday (every Tuesday). You were replying at the same time I was. You should have no problem with the Megascenery EArth Florida or the Nuvecta Florida.

SOH-CM-2023
    ORBIX Worldwide Vector and Landclass has lots of Florida beaches but not quite as many as Flight 1 (or Photoreal)
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Just wondering if you got the Florida scenery. If it has to be budgeted I absolutely totally understand. I have a couple things I would like to have but the stuff on eBay has to sell first to make flighsim funds available. Tomorrow at FSPilotshop is 10% off Tuesday (every Tuesday). You were replying at the same time I was. You should have no problem with the Megascenery EArth Florida or the Nuvecta Florida.
    Yes, I did. I loaded the purchased Florida Megascenery first to see what it looked like. It was as Falcon409 said. Then I purchased and loaded the Nuvecta in on top and it is now excellent for a computerized flight simulation scenery. I will be purchasing more of both as time goes by. When installed the program reduces FPS target to 30FPS causing some stutters into lower than 24FPS. I have the PC to increase that and no issues. I set mine at target 50FPS and maintain flight with no stutters. Brian, I have Orbx on my gaming PC and it's FL beaches are not a lot better than M$ FSX originals in my opinion. I love the Orbx sceneries I have installed for other than beaches areas. Now I am wondering if Orbx and Megascenery-Nuvecta are complimentary or if I will end up with some conflicts? Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

If You Can't Find The Answwer

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Yes, I did. I loaded the purchased Florida Megascenery first to see what it looked like. It was as Falcon409 said. Then I purchased and loaded the Nuvecta in on top and it is now excellent for a computerized flight simulation scenery. I will be purchasing more of both as time goes by. When installed the program reduces FPS target to 30FPS causing some stutters into lower than 24FPS. I have the PC to increase that and no issues. I set mine at target 50FPS and maintain flight with no stutters. Brian, I have Orbx on my gaming PC and it's FL beaches are not a lot better than M$ FSX originals in my opinion. I love the Orbx sceneries I have installed for other than beaches areas. Now I am wondering if Orbx and Megascenery-Nuvecta are complimentary or if I will end up with some conflicts? Lee
    I have found ORBX support to be very helpful and answer very quickly and also Megascenery Earth's customer service is great as well. I am sure that you can get an answer to that question about compatibility. I am glad that it worked out.

Members who have read this thread: 1