Ju88 update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ju88 update

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Ju88 update

Just got these ready for primer and paint. A few little issues but nothing to stop the paint shop from making them presentable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ju88_c6.jpg  

Looking good.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Impressive cockpit Ted!

You're so prolific: Ju 88, Stirling MkIII and the Whitley - wish I had the time to model that much!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Amazing amount of work you have done ,and still doing. Simply in awe ! Thank you Ted ! Thanks to the whole team behind these. Regards,Scott

well I am not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Impressive cockpit Ted!

You're so prolific: Ju 88, Stirling MkIII and the Whitley - wish I had the time to model that much!
    Well not really, I think. These projects, sans the Ju88s were in the works for several years. I stepped away from modeling for a couple of years - bored and little interest - so these projects just sat on the hardrive (along with several others I have not completed). Then along came James who lit the fire once again with his renewed request to do some nightfighting. Steve made the radar and navigation stuff and once again it seems fun.

Ok first shots of Ted's C6 with a skin, still wip, only basic spec and no bump texture yet, but looking quite nice!
    Good model Ted, got a couple of minor texture/mapping issues, I'll talk when I send you the skin, wont be long!

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Wow, these are nice!
    Thx John, Ted...and James
    for lighting the fire

Thanks, no prob, a lot more to come!
    John

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries
    Outstanding ! Can't wait for these ! Excellent work ! Thank you to all responsible ! Regards,Scott

Ted,
    A real beaut of a model, and good that you've got your sim mojo back, and John, just stunning..stunning tex...superb work gents!

With Ankor's shaders and subtle bump mapping, it's easily equal to or better than any Ju88 in a flight sim..

Cheers Shessi

p.s. Please Ted, put some decent crew in, and not those freaked out bloody awful standard CFS3 crew!

Darn

John always does this, never gives a hint until there she is . John I really did try to map it as best as I could, really did try..... Just let me know what I need to fix. I have always loved the Ju 88, one of the most versatile planes of WW2. As far as crew, I did speak with Steve and he said he is making a masked German crew, so we will see. Mark, thanks for the complement, when we lost Ted Miller, I was bound and determined to make something that he would be ok with.

Silly, but I am most excited about the direction finder radial antenna on the back of the fuselage. In nearly all the previous models of the Ju88 it was a textured on. This time I decided to make a real 3d version, even watched a video on how it worked. Glad I added the bumps to the fuselage on the sides too, makes the plane so much more complete.

Woot I am motivated....

Mapping is good Ted don't worry, the issues are workable lol
    The direction finder looks 100% better than the painted on versions, and the fuselage fairings, missing them out would have been criminal, they never looked convincing being painted on!

Mark, I have Steve's new Luft pilot model, it just arrived for paint, vast improvement!
    John

Keep it coming!

Hurrah!!

Thank gawd, the early CFS3 crew can now be 'buried'..

Cheers

S

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post

Silly, but I am most excited about the direction finder radial antenna on the back of the fuselage. In nearly all the previous models of the Ju88 it was a textured on. This time I decided to make a real 3d version, even watched a video on how it worked. Glad I added the bumps to the fuselage on the sides too, makes the plane so much more complete.

Woot I am motivated....
    What was the direction finder radial antenna used for and can it be simulated perhaps using the Tac Display suitably changed and rotated 180°?

The direction finder

James here is a great video on this

German Avionics: Peil G5 and G6 radio navigation systems - YouTube

Telefunken Peil GIV NDB direction finder - YouTube

So to make it work, we need non directional radio beacons. I am afraid that we will never get them so we can just dream. The idea of the repeater compass is explained well in the video, we just have no code to make it work.

Fascinating Ted, and the model and textures are looking great! I'd always wondered what that thing was in the back of the Ju 88 fuselage. Was it open to the weather, or did it have a clear covering? I've never been able to tell.

G,
    Watch the videos and the others on that channel, they are fascinating, all the restored equipment seems to work! Also a lot on German aircraft radar.

The Peil GVI you are talking about.
    It had a plexiglass/perspex window, which obviously didn't affect the radio signals, but protected it from the elements and reduced drag . With this Peil GVI the star shaped attenna didn't move, but the motorised base did, so that the antenna arm with the strongest signal or the antenna arm which had the signal from the required beacon etc could be seen and/or selected.

Cheers

S

Well, given that most use the wp directions we can do without. Back in the old days I used to do missions without waypoints; I'm not sure now how many would ever do those; easy enough to adapt a wp mission to one though with navigation instructions. Fixed radio and light beacons could then be useful if limited.

Really looking forward to these Ju88s for sure!

Ok just a couple more C6's, moving onto the R1 next. skins have been refined a little since the first shots the other day.
    Ted, they will be on their way shortly!

John

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful ! Thanks guys ! Can't wait for these. One question. Do i have to use the radar app to fly these ,or can i have a option not to use this feature ? Cannot run the radar app on my pc reliably . Regards ,Scott

I am quite certain the AIradar app is not needed to fly these planes

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Wonderful ! Thanks guys ! Can't wait for these. One question. Do i have to use the radar app to fly these ,or can i have a option not to use this feature ? Cannot run the radar app on my pc reliably . Regards ,Scott
    You can certainly fly these without the app, but all my missions will take advantage of it, especially the Ground Control feature. Without the app, it will just be a matter of luck to get the target; however there will be plenty to choose from.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys. Must find a way to keep the radar app running. Gets quarantined every time my virus protection is updated. Glad i can still use them the old fashioned way. Regards,Scott

Incredible quality guys!!

I can only hope I can match that some day

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Thanks Guys. Must find a way to keep the radar app running. Gets quarantined every time my virus protection is updated. Glad i can still use them the old fashioned way. Regards,Scott
    1. What OS?

2. Are you using an additional virus program to the Windows one?

3. There is info in http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-meets-the-eye posts #12, 29, 30, & 31

Members who have read this thread: 1