Milviz F-86 issues

Thread: Milviz F-86 issues

Milviz F-86 issues

A thread dedicated to the F86, mostly in P3Dv5Works for some but for me I can only Ctrl-E start it, and only if another aircraft has started firstAnd most of the switches are immoveable, just a couple flip and rotaries do twist.A cold-dark start needs the external power from the shift-2 menuShift 2 loads Milviz_F86_ACM.dll which fails (or doesn't display anything)Shift 3 works ok to loads Checklist.cab (it's just an XML gauge)So I gave up and reinstalled P3Dv4.5 .... and the works fine, installed from the same D/L, not even as admin (forgot).Shift-2 works, GPU arrives, switches flick and click, engine starts Milviz_F86_ACM.dll installed into v4 is a different size to that installed into v5, so I copied the v4 DLL into v5, and now shift-2 works But switches still not clickable...I realise some people have it working in v5, so it's either something I've not done or done wrong (have read the manual )

So .... deleting the whole Milviz_F86 folder from Simobjects (not uninstalling) and copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly, clickable, startable and all DLLs work properly.

I suspect that doing an install where the installer doesn't find the sim but allows entering the path manually might install the wrong components.

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Use 7zip and right click on the .exe then it will allow you to manually grab files for install.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    So .... deleting the whole Milviz_F86 folder from Simobjects (not uninstalling) and copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly, clickable, startable and all DLLs work properly.

I suspect that doing an install where the installer doesn't find the sim but allows entering the path manually might install the wrong components.
    That's pretty much the way I did it however, I tried to place all the files in the ADDON folder, it worked except for the SHIFT +2 start cart popup screen which
    was a small black screen. If there was a way to correct that, I would of left it in the Addon folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    That's pretty much the way I did it however, I tried to place all the files in the ADDON folder, it worked except for the SHIFT +2 start cart popup screen which
    was a small black screen. If there was a way to correct that, I would of left it in the Addon folder.
    I had the same problem and the only way I found to fix it was to put it in the main P3D folders.
    I didn't reinstall it, I just drag and dropped it to the appropriate folders and the Shift 2 window started working.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Which way?
    For me copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly and i get the shift-2 GPU
    If you have copied the DLL from the .Exe using 7Zip then you might have got the 32bit version (they have identical names) which won't work in V5.
    I don't remember a folder called Addon?

Members who have read this thread: 1