Help with JustFlight Hawk

Thread: Help with JustFlight Hawk

Help with JustFlight Hawk

Was flying last night everything was going fine until it seemed all the electrics died. I had no lights, no radio or GPS. The lights seem to be fine but I tried to fly it today and the radio and GPS still not working can anyone help? I have tried a complete reinstall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom2993 View Post
    Was flying last night everything was going fine until it seemed all the electrics died. I had no lights, no radio or GPS. The lights seem to be fine but I tried to fly it today and the radio and GPS still not working can anyone help? I have tried a complete reinstall.
    May I suggest bailing out if you don’t know where your going, can’t see etc. eventually at least your gonna run out of fuel so doing a belly landing in the dark over and unknown landscape isn’t anything to try doing unless all other options are unavailable like no parachute etc. might want to trade in aircraft for a more reliable option. People do it all the time with cars trucks even spouses so I’d say add that to the list as well. For maximum savings trade in the plane with the spouse and you won’t owe as much and have a safer and snazzier plane that the ladies think is cool.

I don't have this plane, but it seems you may have missed a generator /alternator / avionics master switch after startup --

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    I don't have this plane, but it seems you may have missed a generator /alternator / avionics master switch after startup --
    I carried out everything as normal everything was working fine and then suddenly nothing.

Is there an option to start "ready to fly" or something? That mode, you should have everything at work when you choose a fight.
    How do you start your Hawk normally? With Crtl+E or via the startup procedure?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Is there an option to start "ready to fly" or something? That mode, you should have everything at work when you choose a fight.
    How do you start your Hawk normally? With Crtl+E or via the startup procedure?
    Agree - sounds like running on battery power until it died out --

Generator/Alternator

I also think it sounds like the generator or alternator switch is off not on and it was running on battery power until it died. A Just Flight aircraft I probably does not have modeled circuit breakers like Accusim or Majestic Q400 aircraft do. Designers try and make their aircraft as real as possible within the limits of the sims.

I Googled the Just Flight Hawk and found the support forum. At first I thought it was the MSFS which they now offer but you wouldn't be in this forum. OK. Here is a link to their forum if you haven't seen it about configuring the front and rear cockpits which they say are as real as it gets:

https://support.justflight.com/suppo...-rear-cockpits

AND since its as real as can be see the pages of the manual they suggest. This is a complex aircraft it looks like. The answer may be there or you can post in THEIR specific forum for those who own and fly this aircraft. We try and help but its difficult if we don't own the aircraft.

...MAY I offer an alternate solution, assuming the Alternator/Generator is the issue?

Set a keystroke to turn the alternator/generator on/off. So, when the problem occurs turn the alternator/generator on with a keystroke. I use shift + C [as in current].
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I also think it sounds like the generator or alternator switch is off not on and it was running on battery power until it died. A Just Flight aircraft I probably does not have modeled circuit breakers like Accusim or Majestic Q400 aircraft do. Designers try and make their aircraft as real as possible within the limits of the sims.I Googled the Just Flight Hawk and found the support forum. At first I thought it was the MSFS which they now offer but you wouldn't be in this forum. OK. Here is a link to their forum if you haven't seen it about configuring the front and rear cockpits which they say are as real as it gets:https://support.justflight.com/suppo...-rear-cockpitsAND since its as real as can be see the pages of the manual they suggest. This is a complex aircraft it looks like. The answer may be there or you can post in THEIR specific forum for those who own and fly this aircraft. We try and help but its difficult if we don't own the aircraft.
    But that doesn't explain after I had clicked end flight and then gone to fly it the next day and it still would not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    ...MAY I offer an alternate solution, assuming the Alternator/Generator is the issue?Set a keystroke to turn the alternator/generator on/off. So, when the problem occurs turn the alternator/generator on with a keystroke. I use shift + C [as in current].
    I'll give it a go next time I fly it.

Just to add my two cents. I have had this aircraft since it was released. I fly it frequently and have never had any problems. I use the instructions on the popup without any problems.
    I can also say it is close to the real aircraft having worked on the real thing at Boscombe Down for two and a half years so I can only think it is something to do with the installation rather than the product., just my two cents.

Regards Paul Day.

If you have the Failures Configurator enabled, don't be surprised to loose the engine, hydraulics or electrics at some point during the flight. Is there any option to "Repair" any damage to the aircraft?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Good Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    If you have the Failures Configurator enabled, don't be surprised to loose the engine, hydraulics or electrics at some point during the flight. Is there any option to "Repair" any damage to the aircraft?
    I didn't think of that. It's possible that is the case. Find the Failures Configurator and disable or check no failures or something like that. I like the "dream world" of no failures ever happening on MY flights just the other guys LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Just to add my two cents. I have had this aircraft since it was released. I fly it frequently and have never had any problems. I use the instructions on the popup without any problems.I can also say it is close to the real aircraft having worked on the real thing at Boscombe Down for two and a half years so I can only think it is something to do with the installation rather than the product., just my two cents.Regards Paul Day.
    I have had it installed for a few years now and have never had this problem before I have done reinstall of the aircraft to no evale. I don't have any failures configured.

I have tried again carrying out all the correct procedures for start up and this is still the result no radio nor GPS. All failures I have configured to disabled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (20).png 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	90211

Members who have read this thread: 0