PBY-5A WW2 Skin Set

Thread: PBY-5A WW2 Skin Set

PBY-5A WW2 Skin Set

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: WW2 Skin Set for Shessi's revamped PBY-5A Catalina amphibian

THESE SKINS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE ORIGINAL ALPHA SIMULATIONS MODEL!!!

Seven skins for Shessi's PBY-5a, most but not all adapted from existing skins for the old AlphaSims model. A mix of original AlphaSims skins and some painted by Shessi, Mick and others.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PBY-5A WW2 Skin Set
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Mick, I've deleted your fix upload and just amended the original to include the fix. Fix Readme also included.

OK, but I thought it would be easier for those who already have the original set (which is probably everyone who wants it by now) to just have the fix, then delete it after a while.

One thing I don't know about is how to delete the original file from cluttering up the library. Or does that happen automatically when the substitution is made? I was going to ask about that but didn't know who to ask.

Many thanks Mick, nice to have choice. You know what I think, that you can't have too many amphibs!

And no you/we can't delete any previous uploads or delete any as we update a file, only demi-gods can do that....

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Many thanks Mick, nice to have choice. You know what I think, that you can't have too many amphibs!

And no you/we can't delete any previous uploads or delete any as we update a file, only demi-gods can do that....

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks Shessi. Funny, I could delete the file that's on the download list if I wanted to, but not the old one that isn't needed anymore.

I slightly changed the file name for the version with the fixes, to make sure the corrected version would go to anyone who downloads it. But now I wonder if I'd left the original file name, would the new version have overwritten the old uncorrected one? I guess I could've figured it out with some experimentation but I don't feel free to fiddle around with experiments in the library lest I mess something up or cause confusion.

I just edited the download page blurb to put the comment about Tarpsbird's correction being included in bold red italics, to catch the eye so those who have the original version might spot it and know that it's been updated. I hope those who might want it have sharp eyes and notice it.

Members who have read this thread: 1