Milviz F-100 addon xml file

Thread: Milviz F-100 addon xml file

Milviz F-100 addon xml file

I've placed the F-100 in my P3DV5 addon folder and when it starts it show error below:

There are aboiut ~40 of these wav sound popup that I have to dismiss and wanted to set my xml file so that these popup will go away.

This is my Xml file in my addon folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Milviz F-100</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Milviz F-100</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EFFECTS</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

I know I need to add something else to this but not sure what it is.

There is a sound folder but it contains three wav files, a sonic boom and I think cannon fire.

Edit:

I installed this in P3DV5 addon folder and it looks like there is a folder F100XML_Sounds where all these sounds are. I don't have TACPAC installed.
    So, if anyone out there added the F-100 to their addon on folder, I'd like to compare xml files.

Now that P3D isn't changing much I've installed the Milviz stuff to the main folder to avoid these problems...in the past I think the solution was to copy the sound folder at least from the addon folder to the main P3D folder so try that first

I just uninstalled it all and moved on. Thanks anyway. I think this was meant for P3D4.

This is a common error you can get with any plane that uses custom sounds if you install it outside of the main P3d folder but its easily fixed.

For instance I have my P3dv5 addons on my E drive divided up by publisher so in the case of the F-100 its in E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz

To fix the error open the Panel.cfg in notepad and look for the line in the [Vcockpit01] section that reads

gauge05=MV3DSound!MV3DS, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\MilViz F-100D\\F100XML_Sounds#51

This is fine if the plane is installed directly in to P3D but you need to edit it if its in an external folded so it reflects the full path for the sound files, so in my case it now reads

gauge05=MV3DSound!MV3DS, 0,0,1,1,E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz F-100D\F100XML_Sounds#51

I hope this helps.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    This is a common error you can get with any plane that uses custom sounds if you install it outside of the main P3d folder but its easily fixed.

For instance I have my P3dv5 addons on my E drive divided up by publisher so in the case of the F-100 its in E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz

To fix the error open the Panel.cfg in notepad and look for the line in the [Vcockpit01] section that reads

gauge05=MV3DSound!MV3DS, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\MilViz F-100D\\F100XML_Sounds#51

This is fine if the plane is installed directly in to P3D but you need to edit it if its in an external folded so it reflects the full path for the sound files, so in my case it now reads

gauge05=MV3DSound!MV3DS, 0,0,1,1,E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz F-100D\F100XML_Sounds#51

I hope this helps.

That does, I will give it a go, again..... thanks

As you are progressing with the F-100 I assume you are not seeing the green cockpit issue?

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    As you are progressing with the F-100 I assume you are not seeing the green cockpit issue?
    Only briefly when the plane first loads then, after rest of cockpit detail loads, it becomes normal, Perhaps there is a way to change the view to spot after it completes initial load.
    Then it would be interesting to see if the green happen then.

To get rid of the cute green tint, replace Background_color=0,128,0 by Background_color=0,0,0 in panel.cfg, section [Vcockpit02] to [Vcockpit10]...

In FSX, the file Milviz_Lighting_Gauge.dll seems to crash my sim. Removing it solves my issue...

Thanks a lot to Milviz/Blackbird for freebies!

That fixed it. Thank you for your input

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    To get rid of the cute green tint, replace Background_color=0,128,0 by Background_color=0,0,0 in panel.cfg, section [Vcockpit02] to [Vcockpit10]...

In FSX, the file Milviz_Lighting_Gauge.dll seems to crash my sim. Removing it solves my issue...

Thanks a lot to Milviz/Blackbird for freebies!

Members who have read this thread: 1