Blackbird/Milviz freebies in P3DV5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackbird/Milviz freebies in P3DV5

Blackbird/Milviz freebies in P3DV5

With the Milviz P3D catalogue now available for free but unsupported, it might be useful to pool knowledge on getting them to work...
    My experience so far using P3DV5 (NB some, including the Phantom only officially support V4)

Sabre: Installs and runs, throttle not animated but works (maybe not 100% ?)

Skyraider: Seems to work fine (installs a different MVAMS utility than all the others use)

Otter: Seems to work fine

T-38A: Seems to work fine

F-100: Installs but lots of green textures in the cockpit, suggesting missing textures though can't see why - texture.cfg looks good and folders are there

Phantom: Crashes P3D after a few seconds if loaded 'ready-to-go', OK if loaded 'cold-and-dark' - not yet completed the startup sequence so may or may not crash P3D eventually

Any clues as to how to fix the last two gratefully received, and any other relevant tips/experiences.

Cheers
    Keith

Was anybody able to get a clean download of the F-4 J/S Phantoms, please?
    I always get a corrupt download file, unable to run the installer correctly.
    Had the same issue with some other downloads, but all of them did work fine after several trials. Only the F-4 seem to be difficult...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Milviz management system

Some of these aircraft installs will either merge or create the orange Milviz management system icon(s) on my desktop.

Is there a way to merge all the installed Milviz aircraft into on Management system. I use P3D V4 and V5 so some of them may
    have separate management icons due to installing some of the aircraft to V4 or V5 or P3D.
    Last edited by gray eagle; March 3rd, 2023 at 06:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Was anybody able to get a clean download of the F-4 J/S Phantoms, please?
    I always get a corrupt download file, unable to run the installer correctly.
    Had the same issue with some other downloads, but all of them did work fine after several trials. Only the F-4 seem to be difficult...
    F4 downloads fine for me, but CTDs on engine start.

Milviz have always said to disable antivirus whilst d/ling , I didn't need to do that though I have gone back and redownloaded and reinstalled without antiVirus in case that helped with the F4 and F100.
    I use Windows defender ,maybe your av is different?

Thank you, Keith. Yes, only Windows Defender working, but most other downloads were fine yesterday but failed today. I will try next hours, because I think it is indeed a frequenting issue...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Any tips on how to install the YF-23 in later (v4/5) versions of P3D..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I repeat my results here as I by mistake wrote in FSX thread. If you encounter non moving throttle issue with milviz planes, check your xml.dll. I found out that in my machine two such files exist in different locations. I have no clue which one the P3D5 uses, but I have now two identical and my throttles work after few hours trial and error ordeal.

737 gives option to install into FSX only?

You might need a dummy p3dv4 registry entry, pointing to p3dv5 for the installer to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Any tips on how to install the YF-23 in later (v4/5) versions of P3D..?
    I already tried it in V5 and it doesn't work very well, most of the main gauges and the HUD are 32bit .dll's so don't work in V4 or5
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post

F-100: Installs but lots of green textures in the cockpit, suggesting missing textures though can't see why - texture.cfg looks good and folders are there

Phantom: Crashes P3D after a few seconds if loaded 'ready-to-go', OK if loaded 'cold-and-dark' - not yet completed the startup sequence so may or may not crash P3D eventually

Any clues as to how to fix the last two gratefully received, and any other relevant tips/experiences.

Cheers
    Keith
    As for the F-100, make sure you have all versions of simconnect installed and a recent FSUIPC: https://support.justflight.com/suppo...es-for-fsx-p3d

As for the Phantom, not all versions work in 64 bit flightsims. You might want to try the advanced or the tacpack version, not the standard ones.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

My F-4E and S versions run fine, but the F-4J causes crash to desktop after engine start. I have only the standard and the advance package, both installed. What did I wrong?
    Best regards, Manfred.

The standard version doesn't work in later 64 bit versions of P3D
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Anyone have any luck with the F-86 in P3Dv5?
    The Aircraft Config panel is blank for me so I cant turn on ground power to start it.
    I also installed it in FSX and it works fine.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

If you encounter non moving throttle issue with milviz planes, check your xml.dll. I found out that in my machine two such files exist in different locations. I have no clue which one the P3D5 uses
    For dll.xml, the one in
    C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
    is the template installed with P3D and shouldn't be modified
    the one in
    C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
    is the active one.

I have an XMLTools64 entry in mine but still no moving throttle in Sabre, so something still missing...

a recent FSUIPC:
    Didn't have FSUIPC so installed the latest available, made no noticeable difference....

The Aircraft Config panel is blank for me so I cant turn on ground power to start it.
    I'll admit to ctrl-Eing the Sabre for now, works OK then...also had to load a 'default' P3D airframe before loading the Sabre to be able to autostart it.

F-4E and S versions run fine, but the F-4J causes crash to desktop after engine start. I have only the standard and the advance package, both installed.
    I hadn't installed the ADV patch for the J/S, thinking it was just TacPac.
    But they both still CTD for me.
    The F-4E is fine.

F-100 green cockpit gone with the panel.cfg edits from the other thread, but still can't start it.
    Last edited by keithb77; March 6th, 2023 at 03:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    The standard version doesn't work in later 64 bit versions of P3D
    Thank you. But the download offers all versions with P3Dv4 included. There is an advance file I also did install, but something force the model to crash after engine start.

In addition to it, some lever and switches (especially the engine starter lever in the F-4E cockpit) don't work correctly. Normally, the engine starter lever should move to both sides (for the left and the right engine to start..), but I only could touch it without any movement. I have to wait by a look at the RPM gauge before pushing the throttle lever into idle, means, I don't know if the lever is set into the correct direction...
    But it runs finally and the F-4E is wonderful nevertheless.

Oh, and since yesterday evening, the engines in the F-4J model won't start at all. What a pitty....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Finally got the F-100 started, reading the manual (!!!)
    "turn on the unlabeled toggle switch on the left hand console toward the rear (under the redcover). Turning this switch on will initiate the 'easy start' sequence."

And it works!

The F-100 should have a menu under Add-Ons but it doesn't so there is still something missing in the install.

The F-4 DOES have a menu under Add-Ons, which provides a GPU, I was able to get the right engine to start by clicking the switch but not the left engine.
    Meanwhile, following a delete of the F4ADV patch and reinstall as admin the F-4J/S is now working Pretty unflyable though...a few 'instructor' flights needed!

A tip I found in the P3Dv1-4 forum, for installing aircraft where the installer doesn't offer you an install option - you can open the .exe in 7zip and manually install everything.
    Last edited by keithb77; March 6th, 2023 at 10:53.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post

The F-4 DOES have a menu under Add-Ons, which provides a GPU, I was able to get the right engine to start by clicking the switch but not the left engine.
    Meanwhile, following a delete of the F4ADV patch and reinstall as admin the F-4J/S is now working Pretty unflyable though...a few 'instructor' flights needed!

A tip I found in the P3Dv1-4 forum, for installing aircraft where the installer doesn't offer you an install option - you can open the .exe in 7zip and manually install everything.
    Thank you, Keith. You mean the F4J advance patch? Or both, F-4 J and F-4 E? I will try it again, but each installation I always do with admin rights.
    Best regards, Manfred.

SOH-CM-2022

Bamboo Bomber crew?

Hi,
    Has anyone got the Cessna Bobcat installed with the crew and passengers appearing?

I have tried it in both P3D v4 and V5 with no luck.

I use the configuration tool and put passengers in all the seats but in the sim the cockpit remains stubbornly empty.

Is it worth the fight or should I just stick with the FSAddon Bobcat which I know and love.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I also installed it in FSX and it works fine.

No problemo for me..... I have it in P3D V5.3

Thanks gray eagle, I got it working.
    I had it installed to a
    Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder on my E drive and it didn't work but I tried moving it to the main P3Dv5 folder and it works now.
    Bit of a shame as I like to keep the main folder vanilla if I can.

Same story for the F4's The base models always CTD no mater where their installed but the advanced models work OK but only if their in the main folder.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

You mean the F4J advance patch? Or both, F-4 J and F-4 E?
    It was the F4J that I hadn't applied the ADV patch to correctly.
    Both ow work for me, though I have them set to autostart in MVAMS for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Thanks gray eagle, I got it working.
    I had it installed to a
    Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder on my E drive and it didn't work but I tried moving it to the main P3Dv5 folder and it works now.
    Bit of a shame as I like to keep the main folder vanilla if I can.

Same story for the F4's The base models always CTD no mater where their installed but the advanced models work OK but only if their in the main folder.

Yeah, just for spits and grins, I tried to use the addon folder for this bird and I got a black screen (SHift+2) for that ground cart and chocks. I then had to reinstall the whole ball of wax
    and point the installer to P3dV5 to get it all back to normal. Such a deal with this one.

use the addon folder for this bird and I got a black screen (SHift+2) for that ground cart and chocks
    Hmm, for me the Shift-F2 just doesn't display anything, pretty sure it's the dedicated DLL not loading as shift-F3 works and swapping the two entries in panel.cfg kills the F3 window.
    Although I can ctrl-E to start it, none of the buttons are clickable (but rotaries DO move) so there is a general problem.
    It's a 'run-as-admin' install to the main P3D folder, just like the F-100 and F-4 which work better, can't think of anything else to try
    Maybe re-install and run with AV switched off, though no AV warnings.

I wanted a bit retro to PC-6 and Twin Comanche and purchased the Navstax radios for them. The ready alternative panel.cfg´s worked nicely.

Members who have read this thread: 7