Blackbird/Milviz freebies in P3DV5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackbird/Milviz freebies in P3DV5

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Hmm, for me the Shift-F2 just doesn't display anything, pretty sure it's the dedicated DLL not loading as shift-F3 works and swapping the two entries in panel.cfg kills the F3 window.
    Although I can ctrl-E to start it, none of the buttons are clickable (but rotaries DO move) so there is a general problem.
    It's a 'run-as-admin' install to the main P3D folder, just like the F-100 and F-4 which work better, can't think of anything else to try
    Maybe re-install and run with AV switched off, though no AV warnings.
    My bad, I meant SHIFT +2

I did too

Shift 2 loads Milviz_F86_ACM.dll and fails (or just doesn't display anything)
    Shift 3 loads Checklist.cab and works (it's just an XML gauge)

I gave up and reinstalled P3Dv4.5 .... Sabre works fine, installed from the same D/L, not even as admin (forgot) .... hmmmm

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Finally got the F-100 started, reading the manual (!!!)
    "turn on the unlabeled toggle switch on the left hand console toward the rear (under the redcover). Turning this switch on will initiate the 'easy start' sequence."

And it works!

The F-100 should have a menu under Add-Ons but it doesn't so there is still something missing in the install.

The F-4 DOES have a menu under Add-Ons, which provides a GPU, I was able to get the right engine to start by clicking the switch but not the left engine.
    Meanwhile, following a delete of the F4ADV patch and reinstall as admin the F-4J/S is now working Pretty unflyable though...a few 'instructor' flights needed!

A tip I found in the P3Dv1-4 forum, for installing aircraft where the installer doesn't offer you an install option - you can open the .exe in 7zip and manually install everything.
    I found that when the install to choice of sim box was empty just click next then you can choose the root folder of P3D and it will install.

I have currently installed in P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and working the following:

P-38L
    FG-1D
    J-87
    DHC-2
    DHC-3
    F-4E Advanced
    F-4 J/S Advanced
    YF-23
    F-100D
    C-310R
    T-38A Advanced

There is no P3Dv3 option to choose for the DHC-3T, UH-1 Redux, B-55. Any way to get them installed into v3? It says on their site that v3 should work.
    Last edited by udidwht; March 8th, 2023 at 14:53. Reason: info added
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

As stated in the other thread I've fixed my F-86 problem .... deleting the whole Milviz_F86 folder from Simobjects (not uninstalling) and copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly, clickable, startable and all DLLs work properly.

I suspect that doing an install where the installer doesn't find the sim but allows entering the path manually might install the wrong components.

The same solution works for the F-100, which was missing it's Add_ons menu and some sounds (eg the 'crack' of the afterburner firing up).
    Copied the v4 installed version into the v5 folder and now the crack is back

ududwht - does your F-100 have an Add_ons menu and an afterburner 'crack'?

Members +
    As stated in the other thread I've fixed my F-86 problem .... deleting the whole Milviz_F86 folder from Simobjects (not uninstalling) and copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly, clickable, startable and all DLLs work properly.

I suspect that doing an install where the installer doesn't find the sim but allows entering the path manually might install the wrong components.

The same solution works for the F-100, which was missing it's Add_ons menu and some sounds (eg the 'crack' of the afterburner firing up).
    Copied the v4 installed version into the v5 folder and now the crack is back

ududwht - does your F-100 have an Add_ons menu and an afterburner 'crack'?
    I have it (F-100) installed in P3Dv3. These in simobjects folder?

Afterburner does crack when hitting it (clean install of P3Dv4.5.14.34698).

According to the Milivz free site the B-55, DHC-3T and UH-1 should work in P3Dv3 but when you run the installer there is no option to choose P3Dv3.
    Last edited by udidwht; March 9th, 2023 at 17:23.
    Core i7 3770K
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    X56 HOTAS
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar

Members +
    I've tested the following and thus far they seem to all work correctly within P3Dv4.5.14.34698 (clean install) and also have installed all (4) of the simconnect redist files.

F-86
    F-100D
    F-4E Adv
    F-4J/S Adv.
    UH-1
    T-38A Adv
    MD-530
    FG-1D
    P-38L
    C-310
    B-55
    A-1H
    Core i7 3770K
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    X56 HOTAS
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar

737 installs ok to P3D5 and loads without crashing. MVAMS reports fail and the plane cannot be adjusted by it. It probably looks for FSX, I wonder how to point it to P3D?

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    737 installs ok to P3D5 and loads without crashing. MVAMS reports fail and the plane cannot be adjusted by it. It probably looks for FSX, I wonder how to point it to P3D?
    Look in appdata\local\MVAMS\modules - there should be a B732.dll - if not try copying it from the installer EXE (opens with 7Zip), ditto for B732.xml in Versions\B732

Where do you find these at web site or link?

Thanks
    Greg :USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Paul View Post
    Where do you find these at web site or link?

Thanks
    https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Look in appdata\local\MVAMS\modules - there should be a B732.dll - if not try copying it from the installer EXE (opens with 7Zip), ditto for B732.xml in Versions\B732
    Hi, thanks. These exist in given locations.

Read from the Milviz forums that the MVAMS and 737 will not work in P3D5. Could find a way to preset the aircraft manually in aircraft.cfg? I would like to get it cold and dark and without gravel kit.

Edit: Gravel kit is easy, resides in aircraft.cfg true/false.

PC-6 and radios. While I got the Navstax radios installed, there is still a bloody GPS unit on the right side of instrument panel. Is this integral part of the model and thus unremovable?
    PC-6, PA-30 and DHC-3T with Navstax radios cannot be made independent, Navstax control panel does not save the effort to make them COM1/NAV1 and NAV1/COM2 so they remain coupled.

Noticed now that gravel kit does not disappear by setting false in aircraft.cfg...
    Maybe someone could upload a configuration.ini file with no wx, no gravel kit and c & d? For those who has faulty MVAMS....

KA350i Engine Controls configuration tutorial

Hi All,

The Milviz KA350i forum mentions the zip file of this tutorial - infortunately it is no more available there.

Does somebody who still have that file would share it with me.

Thanks in advance

Gérard

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the other post about false positives.

I'm getting a virus alert from MS Defender on the MV Beaver installer: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml

Anyone else?

Hi,

today I did another try to download the Milviz Beaver, but each trial fails, no matter, if I disable my Windows defender or not.
    Is there anybody who maybe can share his working Beaver with me? Would much appreciate this ....

EDIT: I have to add that downloading the Expansion Pack works fine...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Got help from Jeansy, now I am happy

Thanks again at this place.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Anybody tried these with the new 5.4? We know that Milviz updates are not coming...

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Anybody tried these with the new 5.4? We know that Milviz updates are not coming...
    So far, I didn't try 5.4 but I expect it to work fine. This because I also have Milviz planes running in 5.3, only specified for P3D4. I installed them in v4.5 and mirror the planes directory into v5.3 simobject\airplanes and it works. So it's more a matter of installing these planes. Of course it is possible to redirect the install path to v5 but the configuration software MVAMS does not alter planes for v4 sitting in v5.

I still wait to install 5.4 because of Chaseplane and Envtex and Envshade from TOGA. But I don't expect my already installed planes to refuse functioning in 5.4. If so, you can still uninstall 5.4 and install 5.3 again.

Regards

Dan
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I was asked by PM where to download these from...but the requestor has a full mailbox so I can't reply to them...so just for general info

https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

Is the place to go

Members who have read this thread: 7