MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!!

Some Have A Key

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    Thanks tgycgijoes, I'm running FSX Acc. On the PC6, says something like "your activation has expired".
    At Blackbird "Freebies" the PC-6 says its for Prepar3D V4 and V5 ONLY according to the link picture. Then when you open it up to download it there is a key: 052-160-391-915

If you can find an activitation or register place on it, enter the key unless you have done that already. If you have registered it with the key, I would suggest to uninstall it with the unstaller completely. Restart your computer. Then install it again and wait for it to ask for the serial key and enter the one above. If all else fails then I guess you just can't fly it in FSX Acceleration.

richard

SOH-CM-2020
    Regarding the PC-6 for FSX .... have a look at my previous post #76 for a link to the old Milviz/Blackbird Forums.

There's a post for the FSX PC-6.

I have it installed in my FSX:SE and it's all working great.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Regarding the PC-6 for FSX .... have a look at my previous post #76 for a link to the old Milviz/Blackbird Forums.

There's a post for the FSX PC-6.

I have it installed in my FSX:SE and it's all working great.

Pete.
    Hi Pete, that's where I downloaded it from and I entered the key on installation. Thanks.
    Greenhouse357

I uninstalled and re-installed the PC6. Loaded it up and got activation has expired or something close to that. Thanks for the help guys, I'm not going to worry about it. I can enjoy the ones I have working.
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Very generous gesture by MILVIZ of course - thank you!

However, it may be me or my PC but almost all of the 10 or so aircraft I downloaded refuse to start from cold & dark. The C310R rights side engine starts but not the left (Ctrl +E needed). The Beaver, Porter, Twinkie all turn over, but don't catch. There must be a catch! Think I got the F4U finally to start correctly. But then it is a wobbly goblin aloft. DOH! The plane I was most expecting problems from - the King Air 350 - is surprisingly issue free and a joy to fly. Go figure.

The F-4 Phantom is a whole other story and will comment on a different thread started on that one. Very grateful for all these but honestly glad now I didn't buy some of them. For me, perhaps over engineered. Not a Tac-Packer so could do without the key assignment configurator, etc. Freeware so rarely disappoints!
    Lee,

I found this over at Avsim :
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...twin-aircraft/

Maybe worth a try ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Very relevant and helpful - thanks - will give these a try.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Have boosted the starter torque but the problem I have with several of these Milviz planes is not that they don't turn over but they don't catch. Solved the Twink issue by locating the fuel cutoff switches (user error strikes again!) but the C310 still starts manually on the right engine only.

Now have downloaded the Otter (radial) and engine quits after starting and can't find anything in manual or on line to troubleshoot. Oil light is on but cannot identify why.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Experience NOT Expertise

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Have boosted the starter torque but the problem I have with several of these Milviz planes is not that they don't turn over but they don't catch. Solved the Twink issue by locating the fuel cutoff switches (user error strikes again!) but the C310 still starts manually on the right engine only.

Now have downloaded the Otter (radial) and engine quits after starting and can't find anything in manual or on line to troubleshoot. Oil light is on but cannot identify why.
    In many radial engine aircraft I have flown virtually in the past that are modeled well, the oil light is on because there is not enough rpm for the engine to provide oil pressure. Try increasing throttle to 10% after the engine starts. You may also be able to start the other engine now if the running generator is putting out enough amperage. These are more realistically modeled air files than other aircraft that [CTRL]E start no matter what. See if you can find the REAL Pilot's Operating Handbook (POH) for the Otter online that may give you move insight if Milviz which I believe they did modeled it as accurately as possible. Just to check it out I downloaded and installed the FG1 Corsair into P3D V4.5 yesterday. Virtually every switch is operable and to start it I had to look for the proper sequence of switches. It is NOT a [CTRL]E airplane. I got it started once I figured out the proper way to do it and all the switches that should be on were on. Someone else here mentioned problems with it but I did not find ANY in 4.5. It is a beautiful airplane. Hope that helps with your issue.

C310 now starting both engines manually - with both fuel tanks on! I also seem to have had a generator fault in the Milviz Otter that spread to the PC-6 when I loaded it. A bundle of Gremlins but great freeware fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    I have downloaded 737-200 but AM TOO SCARED to install it

hhahahahahah
    Aharon, I laughed hard when I read your post buddy. Hang in there dude!

Aharon, I laughed hard when I read your post buddy. Hang in there dude!
    Aharon, I know exactly what you feel!

My King air always turns off when I try to start the engines (I always close the gen ties before),bit when I relaod it and try it again, the procedure works ,this seems broken

F-15e

Hello, Milviz released the F-15E a coupe of years ago as freeware and when I do a search on it all I get are forums and chat but nowhere to download it, any help would be appreciated Thanx a bunch Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by googenstein View Post
    Hello, Milviz released the F-15E a coupe of years ago as freeware and when I do a search on it all I get are forums and chat but nowhere to download it, any help would be appreciated Thanx a bunch Dennis

http://www.milviz.com/Online_product...s/MV_F-15E.zip

I suspect I am unique but is anybody else flying a Cessna Bobcat "Drone" in FSX? I have no pilot and trying to add passengers using the Milviz MVAMS is not working. Looking in the main Bobcat texture folder I can't see any texture that looks like it is for a pilot, so I am at a loss, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards Paul Day.

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    I suspect I am unique but is anybody else flying a Cessna Bobcat "Drone" in FSX? I have no pilot and trying to add passengers using the Milviz MVAMS is not working. Looking in the main Bobcat texture folder I can't see any texture that looks like it is for a pilot, so I am at a loss, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards Paul Day.
    I have the same issue flying it in P3D (on 2 separate machines), I also thought I was the only one.

I pulled the models into MCX and the pilot and passengers are definitely there. I'm at a loss as well.

Gavin

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    I have the same issue flying it in P3D (on 2 separate machines), I also thought I was the only one.

I pulled the models into MCX and the pilot and passengers are definitely there. I'm at a loss as well.

Gavin
    Update - I went back to the Milviz support forums to try to figure this out.

There is slightly more recent version available for download that is listed as being for P3Dv5. There is also another version for FSX & P3Dv4 that I found here http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=8637

Just did a quick test and the pilot & passengers are visible.

Blog Entries

Milviz 737 cockpit lighting

Hello all,

Finally getting time to explore these lovely freebies. Downloaded and installed the 737, and was pleasantly surprised it had good FPS performance on my old pc, and generally everything seemed to work (in P3DV4.5).

What I can't seem to do is get the cockpit floodlights and general instrument lighting to work. I've turned on all generators, am getting voltage readouts and turned on all the various lights (overhead panel, center, left, etc.). All I'm getting is a few illuminated numerical readouts but no floods and/or main instrument lighting.

Am I missing something?

thanks,

dl

Members who have read this thread: 90