MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Thank-you, @monk1 for the help. My initial install was done manually by pointing installer to folder on desktop. I don't think the installer could figure out what sim I had as it gave no options for FSX/P3D during install. I found an empty effects folder also. This would explain why I was missing a few things. After deleting everything I opted to use their installer as now I knew where things will end up in the sim folders. All installed OK now. After following your advice re the [flight_tuning] section, now the C310 flies like the Duke B60 with only a very, very slight tendency to turn left on takeoff. Now, just relaxing a bit at 6B0, before going shopping for some more repaints ........
    Glad it worked out for you. Nice screenshot!

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Make sure simconnect is installed in FSX: https://support.justflight.com/suppo...es-for-fsx-p3d

And have a recent version of FSUIPC installed.

Priller
    I do but will double check. Does yours work?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    With a search for "Cessna 310" at AVSIM you will find lots of nice repaints for the Milviz 310 Redux. Mine works beautifully in FSX and DID install in P3D V4.5 but I actually like it better in FSX as far as the graphics. It is probably that P3D is brand new to me and I don't know how to set it optimally yet.
    I run FSX SP1&2 Deluxe Ed (boxed CD) on my W7 desktop, and I think back when FSX first came out this was a 'sweet spot operating system' for it. I had a few hiccups back when this system was new, mostly from trusting installers to do everything 'the right way', but often I found many CTD's tied in to a new install, even after running the 'uninstaller' - remnants remained and these took a while to hunt down. So often I prefer a manual install, and knowing where what goes for easy control and removal if needed. Luckily Milviz is quite easy to track down as most ac files wind up in SimObjects and Effects folders if their installers are run, exception is MVAMS which ends up in Program Files. I find keeping FSX 'clean' is key to best functionality - remove unwanted, previously downloaded ac, keep tabs on gauge files so those can be removed when corresponding ac are, and of course making use of a few FSX config tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    In P3D4.5, an excellent plane overall, though I am not a fan of their built in lighting (daytime) and no matter where I search on the web or search the manual I cannot figure out how to turn on the damn cockpit lights on for night flying!

I see various references to a rheostat on the head liner trim, or the individual passenger lighting make it work, but clicking on any of them or the 4 screws on the wet compass does not work --???? Even opening the entrance door at night does not turn lighting on as it is supposed to do.

Anyone else solved this???
    Hi,
    on the left hand side door panel where all the light toggle switches are, at the very front, find 4 knobs with white lines painted on them part-ways. Turn these knobs clockwise all the way ... you will see the instrument lights, navigation panel lights etc. all slowly brighten to full brightness. Also, best way to get some added VC lighting by the pilot/copilot seats is to turn on the back cabin lights by clicking the button on one of them and let some back cabin light into the cockpit area. I run FSX, but should be same in P3D. If still no lights, maybe try removing and re-installing. I had no anti-collision lights and rotating beacon light when I did manual install the first time. This was due to the fact that no effects were installed as installer didn't know if I had FSX or P3D when I manually pointed it to a blank folder on my desktop. The 2nd install, I did completely using the auto-installer, got the desired effects, my VC glass also seems less dark, and all is now operational. Milviz obviously uses lights tied to both the model and some to the effects files.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks to MILVIZ/Blackbird for your amazing gift to us.

I've finally got the Turbine Otter I was hoping to get early in January.

I was also hoping to get the PC-6 for FSX but I see it's only listed as for P3D v4 V5, does anyone know if that's also suitable for FSX.

Again many thanks for these wonderful aircraft.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by lucame View Post
    Hi everybody,
    as a lot of people I have a problem with a Milviz plane. I' ve downloaded the DHC 2 Beaver for FSX and when I launch the installer it asks for 11GB space !
    I' ve put the folders in another disk and placed them manually in FSX.
    Started the sim but during the loading of the flight appears the message " A fatal error..." with a CTD.
    Does anybody have an idea to fix it?
    Thanks a lot !!
    Did you run the MVAMS configuration tool first for the DH2?

Maybe not: I've tried so many times that I don't remember what I've done.
    You mean launch FSX, then choose the plane ( DH2) and at last MAVS?

Run the configuration tool before loading up the plane in FSX for the first time.

Make sure your VC runtime files are up to date.

Hello,

I confirm that the beaver is set up on 11.1GB !!!!
    But, with each change of beaver, fsx blocks and plants !!!
    I tried several times, and even result!
    So I uninstalled with the Milviz installer, but there are 6 Beaver files representing 2.31 GB not deleted!
    Really a shame!
    I tried to install the Piper PA 30 also provided for FSX, but the installer only offers P3D!
    I made a false P3D file to install and transfer the files in FSX, but it is impossible to display the model!
    Shame!
    (

Alain
    -

Same here........ I also tried to DL the twin Comanche earlier. Said for FSX/P3D. Downloader only gave two P3D versions - no FSX. OK, tried to point installer to blank folder on desktop, all went OK. Copied all folder contents into FSX, and started FSX - got CTD. FSX could not find model to display (so obviously the model file was for P3D, not FSX). Also found none of the MVAMS files were there - something I think the auto-installer would probably have handled if allowed to run (and 'Desktop Shortcuts' option was checked). Glad I did this manually this time as all files were easily deleted and CTD's resolved immediately after file deletions. Moral is if it's for P3D, it won't work in FSX. I wish Milviz was just more transparent (accurate) if for FSX or P3D or both at the forefront - would greatly save time. They're great models, just wish they worked in FSX when advertised.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I wish Milviz was just more transparent (accurate) if for FSX or P3D or both at the forefront - would greatly save time. They're great models, just wish they worked in FSX when advertised.
    I couldn't agree more. It appears that many others on other forums are encountering the same issues. Don't get me wrong - I love their products (and thanks for the generous freebies), but I just can't tell what works in FSXA until you try to install it.

I have the UH-1 Huey they developed with Nemeth Designs, and was thinking about upgrading (?) to the Redux version so as to have a helo with tackpack. Although the freeware version (and manuals) indicate its FSX compatible, the installer only provides for P3Dv3 and v4. I was able to install and run their P3Dv3 version of the Beech Baron B55 into FSX successfully, so I tried the same with the Huey Redux. Nope. No joy. At least now I've learned how to remove the software from the MVAMS menu and interface.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi everybody,

fresh FSUIPC, started MVAMS at first but still no glory ( crash at 80% flight loading).
    I've noticed in the " DH2 Beaver Milviz " folder a XML Tools installer ( to run as administrator).

I've not tried but do you think that it could fix our problems ?

Thanks a lot Lucame

I already had XML tools installed but I ran it anyway, didn't harm anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lucame View Post
    Hi everybody,

fresh FSUIPC, started MVAMS at first but still no glory ( crash at 80% flight loading).
    I've noticed in the " DH2 Beaver Milviz " folder a XML Tools installer ( to run as administrator).

I've not tried but do you think that it could fix our problems ?

Thanks a lot Lucame
    XML tools allows the airplane to use additional coding for gauges, animations, etc. but it won't fix what ails it if the model won't display. That's an easy way to tell that it won't work in that sim, lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I wonder if there's a Blackbird/Milviz staff member registered here at SOH that could clarify everything, ok, they did a big thing sharing free of charge their old products but it would not have been a great effort writing a simple explanation
    about the correct sim platform for each single addon ... My 2 cents
    The more you do, the less you dream

The Beaver & Otter both install & work in FSXA.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    The Beaver & Otter both install & work in FSXA.
    Also the Bell 407 and the Phantom F4E - (FSX + Accelleration)
    The more you do, the less you dream

As you can see below, I can confirm the Beaver works in FSX Steam Edition. I don't have problems with MVAMS, you can see I removed the spinner and added cargo, without problems. (I haven't tried the expansion package yet).

However the model seems to consume a lot of memory as my PC ran out of memory on several occasions when I was flying the Beaver.

Cheers,
    Huub

Beaver is flying !!

After the post of Huub I've cleaned my FSX folder and now I've have this beautiful plane: it was just a memory problem...

A big thank you to all ! Lucame

SOH-CM-2020
    Prior to Blackbird/Milviz withdrawing their FSX & P3D aircraft off the market there was a PC-6 for both FSX & P3D.

In the freebies selection there's only a PC-6 for P3D v4 & v5.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could get the PC-6 for FSX please.

Thanks for any help.

Pete.

Good morning,

I too will be interrew by the PC-6 for FSX !!
    Thanks for your help!

Alain
    -

Milvis' PC-6 was only P3D 64bit. They never developed an FSX version. It was one of the first aircraft they released after shutting down the FSX stuff. I remember being very disappointed when they announced it would only be P3D 64bit.

Dave

SOH-CM-2020
    They did have the PC-6 for FSX ....

SOH-CM-2023
    I bought the Turbo Otter shortly before OBIX stopped selling it. Massive resource hog on my system. Got an out of memory error in the middle of nowhere. Let alone somewhere built up. I usually only get an out of memory issue in places like Orbix London UK flying a complex Carenado plane
    You can't take the sky from me...

MILVIZ Freebie Frustration

Very generous gesture by MILVIZ of course - thank you!

However, it may be me or my PC but almost all of the 10 or so aircraft I downloaded refuse to start from cold & dark. The C310R rights side engine starts but not the left (Ctrl +E needed). The Beaver, Porter, Twinkie all turn over, but don't catch. There must be a catch! Think I got the F4U finally to start correctly. But then it is a wobbly goblin aloft. DOH! The plane I was most expecting problems from - the King Air 350 - is surprisingly issue free and a joy to fly. Go figure.

The F-4 Phantom is a whole other story and will comment on a different thread started on that one. Very grateful for all these but honestly glad now I didn't buy some of them. For me, perhaps over engineered. Not a Tac-Packer so could do without the key assignment configurator, etc. Freeware so rarely disappoints!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I also appreciate MilViz' gracious gifts.

I have been, overall, very pleased with the 310R and Baron(s) in P3D4.5. However, I have had a couple of noticeable "gripes" so far.

I have Flown the 310R and E55 Baron quite a bit. Overall they are marvelous. However I still have no night interior lighting in the 310R no matter what I have tried by searching the web. I finally resorted to using the Lorbi flashlight utility in flood mode which at least lets me fly the 310 at night (by the way - a great freeware utility!).

Second, the Baron(s). The download provides both the B55 and the upgraded E55. The specs are right on but the exterior models appear to be identical (share the same textures in fact) but the E55 should have air scoops on top of the nacelles due to the bigger 285 hp Continentals.

However they are pleasant to fly after a few personal tweaks, and so I will quit complaining and just enjoy having them!

Members who have read this thread: 91