MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!!

T-50 Bobcat Install

The installer for the T-50 Bobcat only gave a p3d5 option, but it installed into FSX when pointed there and seems to be working just fine so far, with one exception. The "panel.cfg" file contained an incorrect directory entry for MV3DSound.dll. Once that was fixed it worked fine.

Thanks Blackbird!

Adding to my earlier problem, several of the installers trigger my anti-virus.....
    Ken

Beechcraft B55

I downloaded this and using the installer put it in P3D V4.5 which I just recently got. I opened it up and was not that impressed. A bit ago I moved the folders into FSX and opened it up at one of my airports and I am really more impressed. The graphics just look better go figure. I will fly it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Just downloaded their Cessna 310R Redux for FSX. It is a very good looking classic twin and their MSFS version gets plenty of great reviews in the forums.

A little disappointed in this one for FSX, however.

The glass in the VC/exterior looks a bit too dark for my taste, resulting in a dim VC which has no overhead light at the pilot/copilot position, just gauge lighting.

This is cosmetic, so OK no big deal, .....but did anyone try ground handling with this one ? It seems to always 'get away from you' and hardly ever steers where you want it. Apparently both props spin clockwise (compared to eg. RealAir Duke where they oppose one another in spin direction) which apparently introduces some yaw groundhandling effect - but what is happening to me is almost unbelievable. I start takeoff roll pointing 'runway heading' and by take off, the aircraft is about 30 degrees off runway heading, flying almost 'sideways'. Just curious if anyone else has the same groundhandling issue and how to handle it ? Obviously it's now freeware, hence no support and nothing much about it in the manual. I just wish it would fly as well as it looks, lol ! Grateful for it being freeware, regardless of this issue - just hope to find a solution.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Just downloaded their Cessna 310R Redux for FSX. It is a very good looking classic twin and their MSFS version gets plenty of great reviews in the forums. A little disappointed in this one for FSX, however. The glass in the VC/exterior looks a bit too dark for my taste, resulting in a dim VC which has no overhead light at the pilot/copilot position, just gauge lighting. This is cosmetic, so OK no big deal, .....but did anyone try ground handling with this one ? It seems to always 'get away from you' and hardly ever steers where you want it. Apparently both props spin clockwise (compared to eg. RealAir Duke where they oppose one another in spin direction) which apparently introduces some yaw groundhandling effect - but what is happening to me is almost unbelievable. I start takeoff roll pointing 'runway heading' and by take off, the aircraft is about 30 degrees off runway heading, flying almost 'sideways'. Just curious if anyone else has the same groundhandling issue and how to handle it ? Obviously it's now freeware, hence no support and nothing much about it in the manual. I just wish it would fly as well as it looks, lol ! Grateful for it being freeware, regardless of this issue - just hope to find a solution.
    I bought this when it first came out for FSX. If I remember correctly, someone familiar with the 310 said it tended to pull one way on initial power input, then change direction later in the take off roll. Milviz attempted to replicate this by doing two things, using torque_on_roll in the [flight_tuning] section and also by producing asymmetrical thrust by locating engine thrust in two different lateral distances from center in the [generalenginedata] section. IMO this didn't work well with the poor runway friction in FSX. I'm pulling all of this from my ancient memory so take it FWIW but those issues are easily fixed in the aircraft.cfg file.

Thank-you, @monk1. After watching a few YT videos (most of which are on the MSFS version, BTW), I came across one which calls to set a positive rudder authority of 6 degrees to the right on the rudder trim wheel when moving on the ground. Works better now, but still she's a handful when on takeoff roll. No P-51, but pulls like one. I'll try playing with the aircraft config a bit, but most of the handling probably lies in the 'air' file to which I have no access.

A bit of cloud surfing, near Middlebury State (6B0), ... now that she's finally off the ground ...

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Phew, glad that these are free. None of the five aircraft I installed have functioning power or condition levers. If I would have paid for these...the amount of frustration could have been sky high.

The sim is P3d5something. It is probably to do with some xm tools. All five aircraft installs failed to install it and reported error. I had the Porter for FSX Steam so I was able to go through Milviz support forums and there was a special download link to separate xm install, the link was dead though. I checked my dll.xml and it has this:

</Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

I´m about to try to delete that and re-install.
    P.S. Orbx Central offers xml tools installation and speaks about Milviz...interesting.

Same error with Orbx xml tools;

[BEGIN] Starting install for Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Found XMLTools dll.xml entry in C:\Users\Ismo Nurmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

Replacing existing XMLTools.dll found in F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\

[SUCCEESS] XMLTools installed to Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

[BEGIN] Starting install for Prepar3D v5

[ERROR] Prepar3D v5 installation failed: System.Xml.XmlException: Rivin 2 paikassa 2 oleva alkutunniste SimBase.Document ei vastaa lopputunnistetta Launch.Addon.: rivi 12, paikka 5.
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(Node Data startTag)
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlRead er r)
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlRead er r, LoadOptions o)
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XElement.ReadElementFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
    kohteessa XMLToolsInstaller.MainWindow.InstallTo(SimulatorVe rsion version, String path)

-Thank you very much Milviz! Alain -

Found the separate xml-installer but it refuses ti install. Sorry about the Finnish...

[BEGIN] Starting install for Prepar3D v5

[ERROR] Prepar3D v5 installation failed: System.Xml.XmlException: Useita pääelementtejä.: rivi 20, paikka 2.
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent( )
    kohteessa System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XElement.ReadElementFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
    kohteessa System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
    kohteessa XMLToolsInstaller.MainWindow.InstallTo(SimulatorVe rsion version, String path)

Updating after helping myself. I found a another xml.dll from Program Data-file. This was unwritable ie. protected. I copied it to User/bla-bla/P3D5, modified it as the xml-tools were written below "simbase.document". Then copied it back to this Program Data place and see and behold, throttles move!

P3d v5

I am not an expert...that said, I have not had any problems with P3D V4.5 except in my opinion in the VC of the Beech B55. As I said above it looks and performs beautifully in FSX SP2. I had to start using Windows 10 which likes P3D and does NOT like FSX Acceleration so when I installed and saw all the posts about that stopped at SP2. This is the DVD edition.
    P3D V5 is so different like MSFS is that I wonder these being older may not LIKE to use P3D V5. Since Milviz/Blackbird is now developing all for MSFS like others are, I guess we should just be grateful they DID share for free and not just kill them forever. There is a free program that I have used in the past to edit the AIR file. I believe it is called AIRED you can Google for. As I said, that's just my opinion. My new (to me) video card will not run V5 so I stop at V4.5 and upgrades if any more come down the pike. I am really enjoying the high frame rates I am getting now with P3D's 64bit and GPU technology opposed to a laptop with Windows 7 before. That is even with Carenado and big airports like SEATAC. My hat's off to Milviz for their generosity to the flight sim community with all these freebies.

PS: I've also found as I think I read above, install to your desktop and then take the folders/files and install them manually into the sim you want to use.
    Here is the link to Rob Richardson's Cessna 310Q if you want to try that airfile in the Milviz. Oh course for your use only not to share without Rob's permission going unsaid.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161229...%20310%20Q.zip

I'm Comparing

I have just finished downloading Rob Richardson's 310Q and Milviz 310R. There are a lot of cool repaints and other stuff in Avsim for the Cessna 310 including a sound package for the Lycoming engines. There is even a beautiful repaint of the "Songbird" Sky King's 310 from the TV series of the late 50's I used to watch on Saturday mornings back in the days of my youth. Gonna have some fun today with these.

After Much Waiting And Trouble

I finally after an hour and a half of playing games with the Milviz download site for the Cessna 310R my patience and prayer was rewarded with it downloaded. Next like I often do I looked on Youtube for training and lo and behold there are 15 nice videos created by Milviz (probably included with the payware?) now also free so with my trusty Youtube downloader software I have all 15 and will start watching them on the laptop next to the desktop with it up in P3D. Just Google for Cessna 310 Training and you should have no trouble finding them if you are interested. Taxiing video may address the torque issue.

I have downloaded 737-200 but AM TOO SCARED to install it

hhahahahahah

I like this one as well.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Another fine mess...

Anyone download and install the UH-1 Huey in FSXA?

Like a couple other downloads, the installer only provides for P3Dv3 and v4, so selecting P3Dv3 and pointing to the FSXA directory everything seems to install just fine. Only issue is that there are no doors or crew. If I use the MVAMS configuration setup I cannot toggle any of these, the hoist or weapons to show.

I attempted to uninstall are revisit for another day but couldn't remove the option for the Huey in MVAMS so I guess I'm stuck with a partial install for the moment.

Funny thing is that the website and install screen indicate its compatible for FSX. Even the User Guide PDF shows an install for FSX.

Any suggestions??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Like a couple other downloads, the installer only provides for P3Dv3 and v4, so selecting P3Dv3 and pointing to the FSXA directory everything seems to install just fine. Only issue is that there are no doors or crew. If I use the MVAMS configuration setup I cannot toggle any of these, the hoist or weapons to show.

I attempted to uninstall are revisit for another day but couldn't remove the option for the Huey in MVAMS so I guess I'm stuck with a partial install for the moment.

Funny thing is that the website and install screen indicate its compatible for FSX. Even the User Guide PDF shows an install for FSX.

Any suggestions??
    Same problem for me...
    The more you do, the less you dream

Any suggestions??
    You will find the MVAMS files here so that you can remove them manually.

It's a hidden folder by default C:\Users\PC Name\AppData\Local\MVAMS. I had the same problem with the Huey.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    You will find the MVAMS files here so that you can remove them manually.

It's a hidden folder by default C:\Users\PC Name\AppData\Local\MVAMS. I had the same problem with the Huey.

Hope this helps.
    Yes, Thanks. I found those in my search for answers but elected to leave things as they were and hope for a solution.

I'm just wondering if they elected not to post the installer for FSX?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    I bought this when it first came out for FSX. If I remember correctly, someone familiar with the 310 said it tended to pull one way on initial power input, then change direction later in the take off roll. Milviz attempted to replicate this by doing two things, using torque_on_roll in the [flight_tuning] section and also by producing asymmetrical thrust by locating engine thrust in two different lateral distances from center in the [generalenginedata] section. IMO this didn't work well with the poor runway friction in FSX. I'm pulling all of this from my ancient memory so take it FWIW but those issues are easily fixed in the aircraft.cfg file.
    Thank-you, @monk1 for the help. My initial install was done manually by pointing installer to folder on desktop. I don't think the installer could figure out what sim I had as it gave no options for FSX/P3D during install. I found an empty effects folder also. This would explain why I was missing a few things. After deleting everything I opted to use their installer as now I knew where things will end up in the sim folders. All installed OK now. After following your advice re the [flight_tuning] section, now the C310 flies like the Duke B60 with only a very, very slight tendency to turn left on takeoff.

Now, just relaxing a bit at 6B0, before going shopping for some more repaints ........

Cheers, MZee ...

Hi everybody,
    as a lot of people I have a problem with a Milviz plane. I' ve downloaded the DHC 2 Beaver for FSX and when I launch the installer it asks for 11GB space !
    I' ve put the folders in another disk and placed them manually in FSX.
    Started the sim but during the loading of the flight appears the message " A fatal error..." with a CTD.
    Does anybody have an idea to fix it?
    Thanks a lot !!

Lots Of Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Thank-you, @monk1 for the help. My initial install was done manually by pointing installer to folder on desktop. I don't think the installer could figure out what sim I had as it gave no options for FSX/P3D during install. I found an empty effects folder also. This would explain why I was missing a few things. After deleting everything I opted to use their installer as now I knew where things will end up in the sim folders. All installed OK now. After following your advice re the [flight_tuning] section, now the C310 flies like the Duke B60 with only a very, very slight tendency to turn left on takeoff.

Now, just relaxing a bit at 6B0, before going shopping for some more repaints ........

With a search for "Cessna 310" at AVSIM you will find lots of nice repaints for the Milviz 310 Redux. Mine works beautifully in FSX and DID install in P3D V4.5 but I actually like it better in FSX as far as the graphics. It is probably that P3D is brand new to me and I don't know how to set it optimally yet.

MilViz Cessna 310R

In P3D4.5, an excellent plane overall, though I am not a fan of their built in lighting (daytime) and no matter where I search on the web or search the manual I cannot figure out how to turn on the damn cockpit lights on for night flying!

I see various references to a rheostat on the head liner trim, or the individual passenger lighting make it work, but clicking on any of them or the 4 screws on the wet compass does not work --???? Even opening the entrance door at night does not turn lighting on as it is supposed to do.

Anyone else solved this???

Any suggestions??
    Make sure simconnect is installed in FSX: https://support.justflight.com/suppo...es-for-fsx-p3d

And have a recent version of FSUIPC installed.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 90