Isn't This Beautiful - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Isn't This Beautiful

This was created for FS9 and Golden Wings but it probably will work in FSX though as a port-over I am not sure about Prepar3D V4 and almost certain it won't work in V5.
    It is a really nice model and I had never heard of it before.

Tried it in P3D_V4.5. . .initially it could not produce an image in the aircraft selection menu. . .I went with it anyway. It did load, gauges were all loaded, VC looked normal. . .but. . .once outside there were parts missing (tires) and other control surfaces were either missing or in the wrong configurations. Too bad, close but no cigar!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

In another aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Tried it in P3D_V4.5. . .initially it could not produce an image in the aircraft selection menu. . .I went with it anyway. It did load, gauges were all loaded, VC looked normal. . .but. . .once outside there were parts missing (tires) and other control surfaces were either missing or in the wrong configurations. Too bad, close but no cigar!
    [/COLOR]
    I found with a different aircraft, I don't remember which one i tried in P3D V4.5 that it was missing textures that I identified in the model in MDCx and copied from the FS9 aircraft and they got textured. If it is a model problem then no such luck I imagine. For my OWN use I was able to convert the model from FS9 to P3D V4 successfully and not lose animations even though I was told that would happen in this case it didn't. That is when I went looking for missing textures like tires.

Another thing I noticed. . . .no texture for the VC panel. The 2D is ok (I don't use 2D panels and haven't since the advent of the VC).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

For those looking for Tim "Piglet" Conrad's FSX model of the WACO UPF-7 : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=34&id=10000 (Why go or refer to another site, when you are already here? )

Like all his models Tim made them available in our SOH library.

Cheers,
    Huub

Agreed

I did not know that Piglet made all his models available in the Library. Thank you for that information.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I did not know that Piglet made all his models available in the Library. Thank you for that information.
    To keep track of his model he only uploaded them here and at Flightsim.com. He also did this, as this way he only had to check two forums, with possible questions or remarks about his models.

Cheers,
    Huub

The Avro Lancaster Bomber

Saturday and Sunday, Easter Sunday this week the calendar features the Avro Lancaster. Famous for its raid on the dam in Germany and publicized in the movie Dambusters. First Class Simulations developed their model of this famous bomber in 2014 for FS9 but it does work in FSX and is available online from the payware etailers by a Google Search.

The Aeroplane Heaven MkX version for FSX is available for free at FS2000 at this link:https://www.fs2000.org/2021/01/05/fs...ancaster-mk-i/ though it is not at ORBX Aeroplane Heaven generously released this freeware since they are in the process of developing a very detailed version for MSFS like other aircraft.

This bomber is as famous to the British as the B-17 is to Americans. The Lancasters flew night missions and the B-17s and B-24s flew daytime missions to carpet bomb Germany 24 hours a day during WWII.

I didnt know AH released the Lanc as freeware, no announcements on AH site, can this be trusted?

It's the textures only, NOT the whole plane!

hertzie

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    It's the textures only, NOT the whole plane!

hertzie
    And the image is from the MSFS version (in case you thought WOW!!!) .

Cheers,
    Huub

See...

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    And the image is from the MSFS version (in case you thought WOW!!!) .

Cheers,
    Huub
    That's what happens when you try and do stuff at late at night. Thank you guys for the heads up. I looked on ORBX and wondered why if they released it that it was not there with the other freeware now I know. Can't fool you guys. LOL. Didn't really mean to. sorry

Don't worry, I know the feeling. A last quick post before I go to bed, and when I read it the next morning, I wonder what I actually tried to say

The AH Lancaster for FSX/P3D is still available at JustFlight for the price of 34.95 Euros. https://www.justflight.com/product/lancaster-b-mk-one

Be aware; When my memory is still correct, the tanker is only available in the P3D versions......

Cheers,
    Huub

The LI-16 Aeronca Champ

Today's spotlight is on the Aeronca Champ. For a while I thought that there was only a payware version by CR1 but down the page, Long island Creations. It is FSX Acceleration test in Windows XP and includes not only 4 repaints but also special sound package by Aaron Swindle. If you want the payware version it is at quite a number of e-tailers online that I found by Googling it. The LI Creations version is here at Simviation: https://simviation.com/simviation/?t...&ID=61&page=14

At Simshack it's only $12.35 USD https://www.simshack.net/products/ae...ampion-fsx-405 CR1 has loads of variations in the 400MB download. Here is a screenshot from their website of the taildragger version. You can go to the link and see all the others.

Stinson Reliant

I haven't been here for awhile now but wanted to share today. Unfortunately, the Stinson SR-5 Reliant featured on my calendar, is not available for any flight simulator that I found...I just learned differences between the Reliants by a little research, a straight wing Reliant has two wing strut supports on each wing and a gull wing Reliant has only one each. That is how you can tell the difference between a "straight wing" and a "gull wing" reliant.

We DO have available to purchase (no freeware ones) the Stinson SR-8 Reliant in two versions in one package from Golden Age Simulations. It is available from them as well as online etailers. Here is a shot of it:

Today May 1st On The Calendar

This should be familiar to all of us regular members...here is the link to DaveQ FSX native conversion of Milton Shupe and team all mentioned there:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=A-26+Invader

And also 22 pages of further work...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=A-26+Invader

This is probably the most that any aircraft has had attention perhaps next to the C-47 MJC or equally addressed. the photo is from the DaveQ FSX native post the first link:

Great paint and screenie - thanks for posting this. Will have to dust this one off!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . did a native model SEA K version ever get finished? Really would like to be able to fly this in P3D4 in Nam.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The Second Link

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    . . did a native model SEA K version ever get finished? Really would like to be able to fly this in P3D4 in Nam.
    I believe that the second link that I posted above is for the SEA version but I never went to the end of the article to see if it was uploaded to the SOH Library

On the long thread, p.22, post #546:

I do have an FSX version of the K that I can resurrect, that has bespoke weaponry by roger-wilco-66 that can be mounted via the payload manager. But it would be nothing like as sophisticated as Gordon's. I'll need a while to check it all over and talk to others including Gordon, but it could be better than nothing...

DaveQ
    Maybe there could be short a project like with the successful JetStar (e.g. to add PBR) to at least get a native model for FSX and P3D?

A comment added

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    On the long thread, p.22, post #546:

Maybe there could be short a project like with the successful JetStar (e.g. to add PBR) to at least get a native model for FSX and P3D?
    That would be good. Why don't you add a reply at the end of that thread which will take it to the top of this list for others to see if they don't read mine here. I read a really interesting report from the USAF history about it.

This talk about a native "K" (hopefully) inspired me to rework my old "Gator Invader" paint. WIP. I only had one photo of it at the time and now have found more. But, I will still have to take a lot of artistic license with what I have because the photos are old and low rez. I can't see the whole aircraft. Some show it mostly green and some show it mostly brown. When it was based at my home airport (KGIF) back in the late '80s and early '90s, I remember it mostly green. If someone does an FSX native model, I will convert the texture to .DDS.

Bob
    Greenhouse357

First time in the sim and I can see a lot of problems and I'm not sure I like the base color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gator 2.jpg   gator 4.jpg   gator 5.jpg  
    Greenhouse357

I'm sorry if I killed your thread, Richard. It wasn't my intention. I got excited about the possibility of someone finally making an FSX native model and hoped to spur more interest with the repaint. My bad.
    Greenhouse357

Please

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    I'm sorry if I killed your thread, Richard. It wasn't my intention. I got excited about the possibility of someone finally making an FSX native model and hoped to spur more interest with the repaint. My bad.
    Absolutely no problem. I will continue to post here anytime something cool comes up on the calendar and hope that everyone will post comments and links that I might miss. I look forward to your update to the A26 (B26) after reading the Air Force History of the 3rd wing. Go back to the original and update. I am sure that the guys who were following that would be really excited to see you continue the working on it. See ya in the air...blue side up. I forgot if it was Tacpac'd or not.

Richard

SOH-CM-2023
    I did A quick and dirty B-26K FSX model conversion a long while ago. I've uploaded it here in this thread. just put the model files where they are supposed to go and add the textures (also Milton's) to the texture files and it should work.

This should give you a basic FSX native A/B-26K. Some assembly required.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You can't take the sky from me...

Members who have read this thread: 125