Pilot & Co-pilot invisible in freeware Edgley Optica

Thread: Pilot & Co-pilot invisible in freeware Edgley Optica

SOH-CM-2022

Pilot & Co-pilot invisible in freeware Edgley Optica

Hi,
    I have just made the move to MSFS so apologies if this is a stupid question.

I have the freeware Edgley Optica from Jonx. I think it is the V2 package. It has the dog in the cabin and is a 688 Mb zip file that I got from Flyaway Simulations.

In the screenshots in the package the external views shows a pilot in the cabin but my cabin is crewless. The poor dog is doing all the flying by himself.

I realize it is a trivial thing but it makes me wonder if there is something else I have done wrong.

I created a folder in my Community folder called Jonx-optica-msfs and dropped the content of the Aircraft folder from the zip file in there.

The aircraft is appearing and seems to be working.

thanks for any help.
    Gavin

That's a common complaint with a lot of planes. Personally, I'd rather not see myself, since the eye point would be inside the head and I'd have to move to an unrealistic viewpoint. My copilot on the other hand... I like having her in the cabin with me, and my two go-to planes allow that. One is the payware Kodiak, and the other is the stock DA62 with the freeware DA62X mod installed.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2022
    Hi Tom,
    I'm not talking about the view from inside the VC. I agree, the last thing I want in the VC is to be inside my own head (as it were).

I am talking about the external view. In the package there are screenshots of the external view that have a pilot and co-pilot. When I go to external view the pilot and co-pilot seats are empty.

Thanks

Check the load page before starting the flight. Are there weights assigned to the pilot and copilot positions?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Check the load page before starting the flight. Are there weights assigned to the pilot and copilot positions?
    HI,
    Yes I had checked that (took me a while to think of it tho )

I finally figured it out (sort of). I changed the sim settings so that a specific pilot was called for in all models rather than the default, now the pilot shows up.

So I am assuming there is a small typo in the config file. Haven't had the chance to troubleshoot but I will sort it out.

I know it is trivial but it bugs me for some reason.

Yeah, I think JonX hasn't updated the freeware Optica because of the payware release. The payware one is really nice; much better than the OrbX version, which I also own but wish I hadn't bought.

Members who have read this thread: 0