Milviz/BlackBird C-130, Black Hawk, SR-71, Huey, F-15 …

Thread: Milviz/BlackBird C-130, Black Hawk, SR-71, Huey, F-15 …

Milviz/BlackBird C-130, Black Hawk, SR-71, Huey, F-15 …

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Happy to see the T-38 is in the pipeline
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

And a C-130 with a cockpit!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Would anyone happen to have any recent news about BlackBird's Skyraider for MSFS? That is one I've been really looking forward to (having a family connection to original Skyraider production).

This was the most recent information I could find

Milviz has a bunch of products being worked on at a given time, which sometimes makes it hard to track them all down. Remember the A-1H Skyraider? Earlier his year it was estimated to be out around March… clearly, that hasn’t happened, and we stopped hearing news about that aircraft… until now. Milviz revealed that the Skyraider has been sold to another company! We don’t know who, but it’s now up to them to release the Skyraider for MSFS. We’ll stay on the lookout!
    https://msfsaddons.com/2022/08/16/he...d-simulations/

This is why I never get excited about a MilViz release until it's downloaded to my drive. They announce a ton of products, but who knows if or when they will ever see the light of day.

Coincidentally, a month later, a Skyraider was announced for DCS World. No idea if they two are actually connected at all, though.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...ws/2022-09-10/

Thank you, AK, I had not seen that information. Yeah, I remember when MSFS was first released, Milviz showed their Cessna Bobcat being one of the first brought over to the new sim, yet the news on that one seems to have gone quiet.

I would still like to see an update for their Corsair - even if only to at least correct the left wing tip light lens, which has no texture/solid black.

You can watch the full video of the streaming here:

D'Andre is showing off all models in my WIP KBAB so you can get a nice preview of that too, will be in beta very soon.

The civilian C-130 - presumably the LM100J - will be very welcome.

Good to see the F-86 is on the list.

Excellent news! I've been hankering for a PROPER C130 in my hanger!

Also I definitely wouldn't say no to the Skyraider, either!

Keith.

I think I'm most excited for the F-4S. But they're going to put out a lot of excellent releases. I was also wondering if their F-86 was migrating to this platform, good to see it's OTW. I wouldn't mind a Shrike Level F-86H and/or F3J as well.

Milviz/Blackbird/

Since way back when Colin, for all his 'whacky' showmanship, has always been very committed to quality at MILVIZ. I do trust his judgement - their T-38's and the F-86 were superb in P3D.

However, the arrival of MSFS has understandingly sent shockwaves through the all these Dev teams - they know that MSFS has changed the flight-sim landscape forever and most pertinently has changed the earnings potential for Devs massively.

I assume that their Commercial work for the likes of LM is very remunerative but one would have thought that the commercial reality of MSFS and the Marketplace has narrowed the gap. Hence the introduction of the Blackbird and now the Shrike sub-brands.

This reflects a very sensible approach whereby they can now address 3 separate markets simultaneously and many products become fungible certainly between Blackbird and Shrike and as per the C-130 between Commercial and Blackbird.

The Shrike brand will not be study level, will have no manuals and no in depth systems modelling. However, they will work on Xbox, they will look great and fly realistically and will be priced at $20 or lower. In their words unashamedly "toys".

I'm guessing with the annoucment of all these products Milviz is simply saying, "We are still relavant" in the world of flight simulation. Their F86 and F100 models in FSX were stunning.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Cool! C-130 and the PA-30! Sign me up! Thanks, Blackbird!

Don BP

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Loved their stuff in the FSX/P3D days. Their quality was high, but they do come through slowly (understandably) so I'll believe them when I see them. Fingers crossed!
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

I have their Islander and their PC-6 Turbo Porter - both are very high quality.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I have their Islander and their PC-6 Turbo Porter - both are very high quality.
    Not familiar with their Islander (guess it’s no longer for sale?) but the Porter is great, as is the Corsair!

The Islander is Blackbox Simulations. That's what I get for skimming through my list of planes!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1