M Jahns C47 Dakota for CFS 2 UT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M Jahns C47 Dakota for CFS 2 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - French

Description: MJahn C47 French skin by UncleTgt

This is a repaint for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota, converted for use in CFS 2 by MAV.

The texture is:

"K" 348279 Used by the French AF in Indo-China 1953-54

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Manfred Jahn for the original aircraft, itself developed from the FSX stock DC-3.
    MAV for his skill in converting this model so it can be used in CFS2.
    Yoyo for his P3D "worn" Olive Drab repaints for Manfred's C-47, which were the starting point for many of these skins.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit M Jahns C47 French Indo-China Skin UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

MJahn C47 Op Torch Repaint UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Jahn C47 Operation Torch skin by UncleTgt

This is a repaint for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota, converted for use in CFS 2 by MAV.

The texture is:

"K 7" 17846 Used by 12TCS to deploy 509 Para from the UK to North Africa, NOV 1942.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Manfred Jahn for the original aircraft, itself developed from the FSX stock DC-3.
    Yoyo for his P3D "worn" Olive Drab repaints for Manfred's C-47, which were the starting point for many of these skins.

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJahn C47 Op Torch Repaint UT

M Jahn C47 US PTO skinpack UT

Description: MJahn C-47 US PTO Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota, converted for use in CFS 2 by MAV.. They depict aircraft that served in & around the PTO.

The textures are:

"E" Aircraft of 21TCS, as it appeared during SOF runs to Wau, Papua New Guinea during May 1942

"31" A USN R4D-1 from VMJ253, flying resupply missions to Cactus aerodrome, Guadacanal during late '42.

"86" Aircraft of 22TCS, as she looked whilst deploying 80FS to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea during December 1942

"Biscuit Bomber" One of the many C-47s used by 5th AF to shuttle men & material to Papua New Guinea from Australia during 1943.

"Classy Chassis" Aircraft of 55TCS, Hill airbase, Philippines circa December 1944

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit M Jahn C47 US PTO skinpack UT

M Jahns C47 US CBI skinpack UT

Description: MJahn C-47 US CBI Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota, converted for use in CFS 2 by MAV.. They depict aircraft that served in & around the CBI.

The textures are:

"836" One of the earliest CASEVAC units in the CBI theatre, from 803 Air Ambulance, circa September 1943.

"348730" Aircraft from 1st Air Commando, USAAF, based in the CBI, circa January 1945

"3292" One of the planes used by US ATC to provide an air transport network across the Indian sub-Continent

"Chardie" A colourful SAR plane from 1352 AAFBU, based in Assam, India during 1945.

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit M Jahns C47 US CBI skinpack UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: MJahn/MAV C47 Dakota for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota for use in CFS 2.

The model is multi-LOD. A new airfile was developed, & the panel is developed from the original (within the limitations of CFS 2). But I'm no panel builder, so it could do with improvement. Sound is aliased to the stock C47_Dakota. The DP file was developed from the FDG C47 DP, but I was not able to keep all the supply drop payloads as well as paradrop payloads in a single DP file (ran out of hardpoints).

Supply drop options use my own freedrop sacks, plus a resized version of Shessis supply canister (80% size). For completeness they are included in this zip.

The texture is:

"62" Swamp Rat II. Based off the original P3D repaint by Yoyo, resized & formatted/adapated so it would show in CFS 2. I created a new propdisk in the Kelti style.

Many more skin options to follow...

Thanks to

Shessi for his droppable supply canister weapon.

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJahns C47 Dakota for CFS 2
    Last edited by kdriver; March 3rd, 2023 at 09:02.

Good job MAV and UncleTgt .
    Some problems in engines starting and ground handling can be easily fixted replacing the air file with thatof the FDG2 C-47 that I attach.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fani
    Interesting - I abandoned using the FDG C47 airfile because I couldn't get it to stay on any runway during the takeoff roll

Thank You for the great conversion!

normb

Thanks for the conversion and the great paints for Manfred Jahn's C-47!
    I enjoy flying this particular plane in FS9 as it is, in my opinion, the best looking model of the C-47/DC-3 anywhere.
    Great that it is now also available for CFS2!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Fani
    Interesting - I abandoned using the FDG C47 airfile because I couldn't get it to stay on any runway during the takeoff roll

My Test base is Vasto aerfield in JHS_Italy .

Cheers.

fani

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Fani
    UncleTgt:

I used a joystick with a throttle. I just crack the throttle a little, press start, and she runs just fine. No problem with take off. Been flying over the Owen Stanley Range, and she fly's like a dream. I have a panel I made for the C-47 from a vpanel. My snapshot is on the fritz, If you send me a snapshot of your airplane, I may can adapt it to yours.

Braveheart

Thanks for the offer Braveheart, but you can work on it better yourself. The issue for me is the VC gauges.

I simply used cfgedit to put CFS2 gauges into the 2D & VC panel entries. Whilst doing this, I found the vc positioning difficult to fathom, it seems to repeat gauges in different locations.

I don't know if the VC panel locations were messed up during the conversion, but I struggled to get a set of VC instruments that looked good. I hope you can improve on it - please upload if you succeed.

M Jahn C-47 Dakota UK CBI skinpack UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: MJahn C-47 UK CBI Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota, converted for use in CFS 2 by MAV.. They depict aircraft that served in & around the CBI.

The textures are:

"Y" FD946 of 62 sqn RAF, circa March 1944

"F" KG462 of 194 sqn RAF. Pilot W.O T.Grynkiewicz. Aircraft & crew MIA 25th April 1944 whilst on a resupply mission.

"J" KN202 of 194 sqn RAF. Aircraft & crew MIA 3rd May 1945 whilst on a resupply mission.

Supply missions in the CBI were particularly hazardous, & it became common for these transports to have 1 or 2 Vickers guns mounted in the beam windows as "scare guns". I've provided an armed DP file, using the Lewis gun weapons I made for the S30 Flying Boat, for those that wish to depict this configuration.

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit M Jahn C-47 Dakota UK CBI skinpack UT

M Jahns C-47 Dakota UK ETO skinpack UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: MJahn C-47 UK ETO Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota, converted for use in CFS 2 by MAV.. They depict aircraft that served in the ETO, particularly 271 sqn RAF. I was inspired by reading the history of this squadron during the Market Garden period.

The textures are:

"DM" KG374 271 sqn RAF, flown by F/L David Lord. Aircraft shotdown by flak on 19th September 1944. Lord was subsequently awarded the Victoria Cross.

"DH" FZ626 271 sqn RAF, & flown by P/O Len Wilson. Aircraft shotdown by flak on 19th September 1944.

"DJ" KG444 271 sqn RAF, & flown by F/L "Jimmy" Edwards. Aircraft shotdown by Fw190s 21st September 1944.

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    FEB 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit M Jahns C-47 Dakota UK ETO skinpack UT

Cracking repaints UncleTgt. Until I get my CFS2 ETO install sorted those Market Garden repaints are going into my 1940s FS9.

I'm sure people here already know, but if not ..... when Jimmy Edwards was shot down he received some facial injuries which required plastic surgery, he grew his trademark handlebar moustache to cover the scars.
    Andy

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Help!!!

Anybody

I need a copy of the vpanel (Screenshot) of this plane (C-47). I am having problems with my screenshots. Someone Please send me a copy of this vpanel. I make panels from these, but my screenshot is on the fitz. I would appreciate it if someone would send me a copy of this vpanel.

Braveheart

MJahns C47 RAAF Korea skin UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Commonwealth

Description: MJahn C47 RAAF Korea repaint by UncleTgt

The texture is:

A65-121 Aircraft from 77 sqn RAAF based at Iwakuni, Japan during November 1950

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    MAR 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJahns C47 RAAF Korea skin UT

MJahn C47 Berlin Airlift skin UT

Description: MJahn C47 Berlin Airlift repaint by UncleTgt

The texture is:

29087 Aircraft from 94th Transport Group, USAF, based at Neuberg AFB, Munich circa September 1948. Used during the Berlin Airlift.

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    MAR 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJahn C47 Berlin Airlift skin UT

MJahn C47 USAF Korea skin UT

Description: MJahn C47 USAF Korea repaint by UncleTgt

The texture is:

"21" "We Go 2" A "flareship" attached to 3rd Bomb Group USAF based at K-16, South Korea during April 1951.

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    MAR 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJahn C47 USAF Korea skin UT

MJahn C47 USMC Korea skin UT

Description: MJahn C47 USMC Korea repaint by UncleTgt

The texture is:

"WZ" 50767 Aircraft from the HQ sqn of USMC Air Wing 1. It crashed at Hagaru-Ri airfield (near Chosin Reservoir) December 1950.

There was little info to go on, so the tailcode is an educated guess, & I've provided alternative wing & tail textures without "MARINES" & serial number, as I've seen photos of USMC transport aircraft from around this period both with & without these decals in place.

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    MAR 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJahn C47 USMC Korea skin UT

Man! These skins are just beautiful! It takes talent to do these. Thanks UT.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Thanks for the offer Braveheart, but you can work on it better yourself. The issue for me is the VC gauges.

I simply used cfgedit to put CFS2 gauges into the 2D & VC panel entries. Whilst doing this, I found the vc positioning difficult to fathom, it seems to repeat gauges in different locations.

I don't know if the VC panel locations were messed up during the conversion, but I struggled to get a set of VC instruments that looked good. I hope you can improve on it - please upload if you succeed.
    Doing vc gauges for me is enough too make me throw the computer out the window!!! Lol

These look great! Thank you!

Ut......usmc hq air sqn 1...

...is this the same info that you found on this aircraft ? In the crash photo I can't see any tail numbers.
    https://aviation-safety.net/database...?id=19501201-1

I am sure you know about this part of the site. Database for known crashes by year. Interesting search site.

That's a better quality photo than the ones on pacificwrecks website

https://pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/r4d/50767.html

Just use the alternate skin done without the bureau number on the tail.

Nice find Fibber!

Members who have read this thread: 5