Updated effects CFS2

Thread: Updated effects CFS2

Blog Entries

Icon14 Updated effects CFS2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Effects Add-ons

Description: This is my collection of effects by everybody like Nanni Nimbo Ghost Pony, Blade, Uncle TGT and Pen32Win. I think that's most people anyway. I did modify many of them but not all. Anyway expect more bomb damage, downed planes can destroy buildings etc if they crash near buildings etc. Almost all explosions are stronger. I did leave the gas tank and air explosions alone because I was killing myself shooting the other guy..His explosion got me more than once. For those i put back in whatever Blade was using. Anyway we got meaner flak big ship fires more powerful ground explosions with still included. It's gonna be a blast.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Updated effects cfs2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks DW
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Blog Entries
    Sorry I forgot to add the textures for some of the effects but none of those were modified by me and they can be found everywhere. I’m sure most already have them.

Blog Entries
    If anyone has any problems with the installer I apologize I never made one and wanted to know how whenever I get into bigger projects. Also let me know what you think as myself or whoever wants to make improvements on it over time can. The ships are going to need beefed up because they were easy to sink in the stock game now we have more powerful weaponry effects. The flak in case anybody was wondering is the exact same as the Black Flak mod just changed perimeters from some that Pen32Win made. He wanted to knock down an occasional bomber flying in high formation. My personal experience using the Blue Devil format with no disrespect to Blue Devil himself is it to me is more smoke than fire. I went over top every ship in the Japanese fleet from carriers on down all lined up and managed to fly around like a pesky house fly and sank several ships before getting enough flak damage to become unflyable. Another mod I think you will like is the ship s, m, l effects it uses the same fire smoke as my previous ground explosions. Ground explosions are the same I made before but the perimeters are not the same. Pen32Win made some ground explosions much stronger blast and those perimeters are in this mod but that’s all I used so yes those bombs still send up smoke from those neat gas fires. I plan to update the object DPs . Everything goes together as you need everything updated to get the best effects.

Library Staff
    Thanks Deathwind for the updated effects. Instead of the executable file, the effects are now in a zipped EFFECTS folder. I hope to try them out soon.

Kevin

Blog Entries
    Has anybody had any issues with the effects? Are you happy with them or do they need to go back to the drawing board?

For what it's worth, I'm using them in my "87 Days" install and I really like them DW.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm using them in my "87 Days" install and I really like them DW.

Okay good deal. I was just checking because I'm here to help and if it's not right Id like to try making it right. I'm not sure what that might be but if anything my effects and others I've added to the collection probably aren't the greatest on frame rates etc but you can't paint a pretty picture by being stingy with the paint and leaving out details and if you truly need something something basic it aready came with the game.

Blog Entries
    I was wondering what kind of effect it would have if I added a piece of a Arisaka rifle, a slab of leather and a Japanese navy pilots wings to the cockpit of the Overhaul Zero. What say Ye?

https://imgur.com/a/S2MH6QM

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwind View Post
    Has anybody had any issues with the effects? Are you happy with them or do they need to go back to the drawing board?
    I'm using them in my upcoming Kursk VVS campaign... no issues at all and I really like them.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Blog Entries
    Sure add them with it if you want too.

Personally. I'd like them DW.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Icon22 Reply...

Deathwind,

These look very nice, thank you!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Is this compatible for the majority of all user campaigns ?

At Pearl I have the impression that a large part of the Japanese are shot down, whereas your new smoke effects come into their own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Is this compatible for the majority of all user campaigns ?

At Pearl I have the impression that a large part of the Japanese are shot down, whereas your new smoke effects come into their own.

wow sorry missed your question. Yeah except flak is geared for sea battles but I’ve other flak like Euro flak that looks better on land. Other people made them I just piece together the way suited for me. Flak in this mod would be hard for Pearl Harbor I would suggest my Black Flak or disable the guns on ship row one.

Nice effects, work well with my ETO campaigns.

Dover docks and town on fire a good 10 minutes after the attack
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dover on fire.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	90629

Blog Entries
    Yeah those big bombs put up some smoke. Another thing I have in mind is redoing the dp files for all the ground objects which is easy to do but with so many people playing with so many different scenery and mods it would be hard to cover them all. For the ground objects I using dp files similar and based heavy on the fire and smoke mod by Richard I believe. I don’t use his effects because to me feels more cartoonish but the way he did the dp files is very similar with the way I like mine.

Here's a thought...is there any way to get she ships to sink slower? That way the extended smoke and fire time is not wasted and the ships will sink at a more realistic speed after being hit.

Blog Entries
    I think your asking once the ship is damaged to the point it sinks that can it be made to sink slower? That’s a good question but if there is a way I don’t know. You can control somewhat how a ship sinks like do you want it to drop down flat or flip over then dive down but the speed part I’m not aware that can be changed but I’ve never looked into it either. If anybody has any suggestions please respond.

Members who have read this thread: 0