My First Post Here

Thread: My First Post Here

My First Post Here

I have just started using P3D V4 (My system is unable to run V5 not enough "guts") and lovin' it. I have created quite a few airports for FSX which are in the Warbirds library and I have added them. They are working perfectly EVEN the SODE objects after I registered SODE for P3D. In fact, now that I have been forced to use Windows 10 with the Dell desktop (Acer Laptop figuratively burned up and died) the scenery works even better than it was in FSX on Windows 10 Pro OS. I also love the FPS in the 40's instead of the "teens" like it was getting in FSX anytime I used anything NOT default in FSX and Windows 10. That was with a Flight Replicas Supercub AND my addon airports. I flew a multi-airport flightplan on Saturday in the native Cessna 172 Skyhawk I downloaded and added with 30's up to 40's fps all the way even after two hours of flying. Very pleased and have a new airport coming soon for both FSX and P3DV1-2-3-4. Now I have two sub-forums here on SOH to visit.

Welcome aboard Richard....

Glad to see you take the next step. When I took the leap to P3Dv5, I discovered that a lot of the sceneries from P3D4 < were not compatible with V5. Some object bleed thru issues
    and other stuff which necessitated (in most cases) creating an exclude file to mitigate the bleed thru issues. I imagine that most, if not all, of your FSX sceneries will work okay
    with P3DV4.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have just started using P3D V4 (My system is unable to run V5 not enough "guts") and lovin' it. I have created quite a few airports for FSX which are in the Warbirds library and I have added them. They are working perfectly EVEN the SODE objects after I registered SODE for P3D. In fact, now that I have been forced to use Windows 10 with the Dell desktop (Acer Laptop figuratively burned up and died) the scenery works even better than it was in FSX on Windows 10 Pro OS. I also love the FPS in the 40's instead of the "teens" like it was getting in FSX anytime I used anything NOT default in FSX and Windows 10. That was with a Flight Replicas Supercub AND my addon airports. I flew a multi-airport flightplan on Saturday in the native Cessna 172 Skyhawk I downloaded and added with 30's up to 40's fps all the way even after two hours of flying. Very pleased and have a new airport coming soon for both FSX and P3DV1-2-3-4. Now I have two sub-forums here on SOH to visit.

So Far So Good

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Welcome aboard Richard....

Glad to see you take the next step. When I took the leap to P3Dv5, I discovered that a lot of the sceneries from P3D4 < were not compatible with V5. Some object bleed thru issues
    and other stuff which necessitated (in most cases) creating an exclude file to mitigate the bleed thru issues. I imagine that most, if not all, of your FSX sceneries will work okay
    with P3DV4.

I uploaded three of my airports and all three are working beautifully. So pleased.

Hi Richard,

using all my old FSX stuff works great (in most case) also in P3Dv4.5.
    Did you deinstall FSX meantime? If not, there are some nice solutions via setting paths to use all your FSX aircraft, sceneries etc. right out of your traditional previous FSX places. That way, you don't have to reinstall most of your FSX stuff and you can use it furthermore in your P3d...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Glad to see that you upgraded Richard. Now the whole team is on that platform. Great things coming from GAS for P3D in the future.

Members who have read this thread: 0