Flight Replicas P-40N on Marketplace

Thread: Flight Replicas P-40N on Marketplace

Hybrid View

Flight Replicas P-40N on Marketplace

The Flight Replicas P-40N was finally unleashed from the Marketplace ingestion quicksand... I was interested because I love FR's stuff (had a huge amount of the their P3D catalog), but ouch, it's the third P-40 for MSFS and the most expensive at $27.99? Gonna have to wait for some reviews since I already have two P-40s in the hangar.

People will be happy with the correct pilot though!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It's the only one that actually looks right/doesn't have numerous visual inaccuracies like the other two MSFS P-40s. It's also the only one to have a fully complete and accurate cockpit - i.e., no details left out, and true to the real aircraft.

I agree about it being the best one out there, but having to pay $28 all over again kind of stings. I have a question: You don't see the beautiful specular lighting effects on the exterior that you do on the FlyingIron Spit or P-40F. Is that a model thing, or texture? Would also hope there's an option to use the default modern military pilot.

Wait - this is on the Marketplace, and I see gun barrels?

As for the pilot, in theory, you should be able to put a modern military pilot in the seat if you choose that as your default pilot in the settings menu. But that would also have you flying a C152 in full flightsuit and helmet.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That screenshot was from their website -- I haven't bought it yet as I'm just unlikely to fly a third P-40 enough to justify the higher cost -- so the barrels might be gone in the final marketplace release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    But that would also have you flying a C152 in full flightsuit and helmet.
    I don't think that would preclude you from selecting a civilian pilot in another aircraft...

GL(0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

GL(0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Charter Member 2011

Icon14

Just posted an update to the Hep Cat:

Screenshot (1457) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1458) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The Flight Replicas P-40N was finally unleashed from the Marketplace ingestion quicksand... I was interested because I love FR's stuff (had a huge amount of the their P3D catalog), but ouch, it's the third P-40 for MSFS and the most expensive at $27.99? Gonna have to wait for some reviews since I already have two P-40s in the hangar.

I have a copy of the log book of the pilot that flew this aircraft sent to me by his late wife the pilot was Leonard Victor Waters
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

next project:
    NZ3283 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ3238(0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ3238(0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ3238(0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and Flo II was uploaded:
    flo (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BUR (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Any word on an update to fix the broken flight model? I am waiting to hear that this has been fixed before I buy this. Unless some new shiny object catches my attention first - a risk FR is willing to take, apparently.

August

Here is the latest P-40N restoration to fly, which was just completed by Precision Airmotive in Australia and test flown earlier this week by Precision's owner, Doug Hamilton. Having initially been assigned the USAAF serial no. 42-105875, the aircraft served in the Pacific Theatre with the Royal New Zealand Air Force as NZ3184, and saw a fair amount of combat action. Like several of the P-40N's flying today, it has been given the tech order rear seat/dual controls modification with a rear forward-sliding canopy (this all differs quite a bit compared to the original factory TP-40N). Although its restoration was done for Ross Pay (Pay's Warbird Collection), it was just recently sold to a new owner in the United States, which is where it will soon be headed once test flying is completed.

Photo by Gavin Conroy/Classic Aircraft Photography.

The same aircraft can be seen in this wartime photo, closest to the camera, with the cowl number '75'.

The P-40N is now on sale at the Marketplace for -54% off the regular price (for those tempted by Jankees great
    repaints but put off by the regular price).

Ooooh, thanks for the heads up, RobM! That's a "buy it even though you have two P-40s already" price.

Downloading my purchase now!

Members who have read this thread: 65