Vickers Wellesley

Thread: Vickers Wellesley

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22 Vickers Wellesley

OMG what a plane - weapons pods, single engine I'm in love with it.... we don't have one do we?

VICKERS WELLESLEY | Tangmere Museum (tangmere-museum.org.uk)

No Ted, you should make it, it's an interesting aeroplane!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

But....
    By the outbreak of the Second World War, Wellesleys had been retired from the UK units but continued to serve with 4 squadrons in the Middle East. As such they were heavily involved in the East African campaign against Italian forces in Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia from June 1940 until the last Italian-held town in theatre was taken by Allied forces in November 1941. Thereafter, one squadron carried out maritime reconnaissance duties over the Red Sea until the end of 1942.

AFAIK even MAW doesn't cover those areas. Not that it isn't an interesting aircraft....

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    It's one of the few RAF operational types that we don't have Ted. Plus it was in service longer than the Fairey Battle and we have lots of those, so why not! 👍
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    OMG what a plane - weapons pods, single engine. ...
    I understand all that but Ted ... it's ugly! In fact, so ugly it could be French. It's like someone stuck a couple of glider wings and a propeller on the body of South Park's Mr. Hankey . And I really do have a soft spot for many of the ugly ducklings of the sky (such as the Bennet PL-11 Airtruk)...

But please don't let that deter you from modeling one, it's all in jest: I'd download anything you produce!!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A very interesting aircraft . Beauty is only skin deep ,but ugly is to the bone ! Hahaha! Seriously, would be really nice to have this unique looking aircraft ! Anything from you would be outstanding ! Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    such as the Bennet PL-11 Airtruk...
    googled it, now I can't unsee it!

want one!

and as for uglies: see my sig 1957 Fiat Multipla, hard to beat!

NO NO, the FIAT Multipla (nor the 1st type, nor the 2nd) are ugly. I absolutely disagree!! The 1st model Multipla was one of the first MPV's and the 2nd was even better. A great show of Italian design, but I know, taste differs....

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    NO NO, the FIAT Multipla (nor the 1st type, nor the 2nd) are ugly. I absolutely disagree!! The 1st model Multipla was one of the first MPV's and the 2nd was even better. A great show of Italian design, but I know, taste differs....

hertzie.
    You know, there's a reason it's in my signature: I love them! I'd love to own one, but they're ultra rare and expensive.

But I know they're regarded as ugly by many...

As well as the last Multipla. I once had the oportunity to rent one for a holiday. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    ... And I really do have a soft spot for many of the ugly ducklings of the sky (such as the Bennet PL-11 Airtruk)...
    I too had to look that up and laughed at the Wikipedia description following:–

A strikingly unusual aircraft, the PL-11 Airtruck was developed from the Kingsford Smith PL.7 as a replacement for the de Havilland Tiger Moth
    Presumably not as a more elegant looking aircraft??
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 1