Repaint Packaging Assist Needed

Thread: Repaint Packaging Assist Needed

Repaint Packaging Assist Needed

I guess my first question should be whether it's even possible to make a Community folder livery addon for a plane that uses encrypted files.

I'm not a big fan of the colors in the Cirrus Vision Jet's "Raven" texture, but I love the patterns. So I opened up the exterior file with Gimp and went to town with the paint can tool. Now, instead of the charcoal and ash colors, I have a more vibrant two-tone blue. I'd like to offer it up to the public, but I don't want to have to make users do a deep install in the Official folder. I've attached the folder here in hopes that someone might be able to help. Bonus points will be awarded if you can generate better thumbnails than my hangar screenshots.

And if anyone wants to just do a deep install with this one, just make a backup copy of the texture.raven folder, rename mine to match, and drop it into the existing Cirrus package. The menus will still say Raven since the aircraft.cfg is encrypted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Here's a screenshot of what she looks like parked in front of Key West.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2023.02.12 - 11.32.56.68.jpg  
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I guess my first question should be whether it's even possible to make a Community folder livery addon for a plane that uses encrypted files.
    Yes it is, already a lot of repaints for it:
    https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/sf50-vision-jet-g2/

Marcel

D'OH!!! I don't know why I didn't think to look there. Not enough caffeine I guess. I'll pull one of those and use it as a template. Still, if anyone has the means to produce a better thumbnail, I'll still offer up the bonus points!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

D'OH!!! I don't know why I didn't think to look there. Not enough caffeine I guess. I'll pull one of those and use it as a template. Still, if anyone has the means to produce a better thumbnail, I'll still offer up the bonus points!
    the tricky part is the virtual file system and the json files. You'll want to get a copy of a utility called MSFSLayoutGenerator to update layout.json file once you have all your files in place.

- dcc
    - -

Hey Tom, also a heads-up since you're painting things, they released the official paint kit today:

https://flightsim.to/file/45586/offi...f50-vision-jet

Not that you apparently needed it.

Well, I tried subbing in my texture folder into one of the other free paints and modding the included cfg, but I obviously did something wrong, because I ended up with a plane that looked like a breast cancer awareness checkerboard. That paint kit is an update to the one I already downloaded, but I may try to **** and see where I went wrong.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi Tom,

Well, I tried subbing in my texture folder into one of the other free paints and modding the included cfg, but I obviously did something wrong, because I ended up with a plane that looked like a breast cancer
    awareness checkerboard. That paint kit is an update to the one I already downloaded, but I may try to **** and see where I went wrong.
    Probable causes:
    - Every *.dds file needs a *.json file
    - Fallback texture.cfg missing or wrong content

Marcel

And the .dds and .json files must be named exactly the same as the ones used by the original model.

NOTE: the 'layout.json' file generated with the MSFS Layout Generator app will read even the misspelled files and you will get the pink checkerboard result. Please don't ask how I know.

The paint works fine when substituted into the stock install. I'm guessing the paint kit must use something different somehow. I'll try to work with it on Saturday when I have some time to think about it.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0